Maternal & Child Community
Six days late and 2 hpt are negtive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Six days late and 2 hpt are negtive

I am new to this site and don't know what to do.I am 6 days late and I am not usauly late.I am very tired lately and go to the bathroom more then I use to.My food cravings has change alot.I crave stuff that I use to think was sick.My discharge change to.I don't know what color it suppose to be and stuff if I am pg.And when are you suppose to take a test?is it in the moring the first urine of the day.I tooked two but I tooked them in the middle of the day.Could I be and not even know I am?Is my hCG level to low to find out?I am not stressing over it that much cause I am happy if I was and if I am not I will still be happy cause I will just wait till I am a lil older. please help!
If you take a hpt on the first day of your missed period, at any time of the day, it should show a positive if you are pg.

Usually, all of the symptoms that you are describing are not something you see at this early stage in pg.  You'd be about 5 wks pg, and the part about food cravings doesn't usually kick in until further along.

I just had the same thing happen to me recently, being 6 days late, and it was for no logical reason.  I was just late.

Call your ob/gyn if you are still concerned and they can bring you in for a blood test - that will tell you for sure.
Home tests are pretty sensitive now, so at almost a week late, it should be positive.  Yes, first urine in the morning is best as it says on the box.  You can always test again in a few days.

Stress, diet, hormones, changes in weight can alter cycle lengths.  It is also not uncommon to skip a cyle every now and then.  

On a personal level, you might want to practice safe sex should you want to wait until you are older to get pregnant.
Thanks for all the help.I am trying to to stress about it.I hope it comes soon though.I hate not having it.
Standard advice is to wait til you miss a period by a few days, test.  If neg and you don't start in a week, test again.  Try to use a first morning urine if you can.

Get a blood test if you want, but if another HPT shows neg in another week and you followed the direction, you probably aren't.