Maternal & Child Community
Six weeks six days pregnant but measured five weeks six days pregnant w...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Six weeks six days pregnant but measured five weeks six days pregnant with no heart beat

I am six weeks six days pregnant but measure five weeks six days pregant.  
The gestational sac and baby measure the same, my levels are great and the baby implanted
into the pregnancy wall.  Now the bad news, the baby did not have a heart beat.  I have another
ultrasound scheduled in four days.  My Doctor said we need to see the baby's heart beat during
the next ultrasound or it does not look good.  She said I am on the fence.  Has anyone experienced
this with a happy ending?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
325477_tn?1250554909
You should definately get the heartbeat next appt! My doc says as long as you are within a week range...but by 7th week, there should be a heartbeat...honestly, some people don't see it until 8th week...so if you wont get it by week 7, wait for another week, just to make sure...
i wish you good luck!
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
i had the same exact thing happen. my doctor said i probably had my dates wrong. i KNEW that my dates were right. he didn't seem worried at all. sure enough a week later we saw the heartbeat. another 2 weeks later she caught and measured my original dates. she is now a very healthy and rambunctious toddler
Blank
Same thing happened to me. I swore I had my dates right, but I ovulated a week later than normal. Now I have a crazy wonderful 14 month old. don't lose hope yet.
Blank
608251_tn?1238502096
We didn't see the heartbeat until I was 7 weeks 2 days. Don't worry yet. Apparently the baby is growing and all other important stuff looks good :o)

((((HUGS))))

Stacy
Blank
I wanted to thank everyone for your supportive words. By reading your comments it has given me the hope and desire to stay positive until Monday.  I am glad to hear that other people have had a similar experience with a positive outcome.  I will let everyone know what happens Monday.  Thank you for your support and keep your figers crossed.
Blank
Well my worst nightmare came true.  My baby measured smaller than the first ultrasound and did not register a heart beat.  Unfortunately, I have been scheduled for a DNC Thursday.  They are goingt to do genetic testing to get an exact diagnosis of what went wrong.  I feel really sad and scarred that I may never have a healthy baby of my own.  I am 39 years old and have been through a lot to get to this point.  
Blank
467707_tn?1270932240
I'm sorry for your loss. Take some time to grieve this angel and then when you're ready, get a game plan on and move foreward to that goal of having a baby.

I'm really sorry.

hugs
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979