Maternal & Child Community
Slightly brown discharge at 5 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Slightly brown discharge at 5 weeks

Hi guys its me again. The women's centert hat I went to would not give me the blood test and told me to come back two weeks after I have missed my cycle. Technically I am five weeks at present. I am going to the doctor on saturday but my concern is this. Yesterday my discharg was a slight brown tint. It did it slightly  and I mean slightly today when I wiped after using the restroom. Is that normal? It looks like discharge from the very end of your cycle. It doesn't look close to blood at all i am just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks in advance guys.
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
For some people this is perfectly normal and for others it's trouble. I wish I could tell you for sure. You will have to be seen by a doctor and have an u/s to tell for sure. Good luck, I hope you have a great pregnancy.
Blank
A friend of mine had brown blood in the early trimester of her pregnancy with blood clots and her baby was born fine with no problems.  It scared her to death.  Sometimes the blood is implantation bleeding or old blood.  Usually old blood has a brown tint to it.  Go to this web-site for additional encouragement.  I wish you well on your pregnancy.

http://home.earthlink.net/~misdiagnosed
Blank
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago at 5w2d.  I called my dr. and they said that my progesterone was low at 8 and it should be over 20.  They gave me a supplement and I went in for U/S at 6w3d and the baby is fine, we saw the heartbeat.  I am now 7w3d and am still so worried about everything. Good luck to you.
Blank
My MD told me brown blood is usually old blood that has not made its way out yet; ie you are probably not actively bleeding anymore, which is good.
Blank
I'm just 8 weeks and have had brown spotting for 10 days. My doc says not to worry but I still do. Mine has changed from brown to red & back to brown again, it comes and goes but seems to be at the nd of the day. Maybe its being busy and lifting my other child around! I can sympathise coz I can't think about much else and keep going to the loo to check ever hour. I haven't had any cramping pains have you?
Blank
hi
Blank
I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have brown discharge with mild cramps on and off.  I just want to know if that is possible sign of misscarage.  This is my first pregnancy and I thought I would not be able to have kids so this is very exciting for me.  
Blank
rather be safe than sorry... any sign of "red" blood, especially in the first 10 weeks, go have it checked immediately. its a 50/50. could be nothing...could be a m/c... have it checked!...
Blank
HI IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND IM 5 WEEKS AND 4 DAYS PREGNANT AND THEY TELL ME ITS OLD BLOOD BUT I STILL GET WORRIED BECAUSE 6 MONTHS AGO I HAD A MC AND I CAN HELP BEEN WORRIED SO I UNDERSTAND YOU JUST TRY TO RELAX. THANK ALMA
Blank
i have really bad period dates i eaither dont get my period till 37 days later but my last period was on the 10th augest and now its been 45 days and still havent got my period, i get light brown discharge with dark brown spotting and ive  had it for like 7 days now and been feelin off key for 2 days now, could i be preg?? could it be a sign of pregnancy?
Blank
Hello I'm 5weeks I started losinglike a brownish discharge yesterday later that night there was blood not a a lot but clearly to see this morning there's a lot of brown discharge n as been all day n blood,  I'm suffering with low back pain a few days now and also getting pains I'm my stomach its not unbareable as yet help what's happening?!
Blank
You know ive been having that too but im only 4 weeks of pregnacy but ive been yettig blood strips in my panties like period blood but ive heard people go through this and u cld actually have a healthy pregnacy n baby
Blank
R u serius cause from some reason i have a strip of blood coming out but that happends wen i have normal sexand im 4 weeks know n im worry
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank