Small Sac size??
Dear All,

On my ultrasound doctor told me that baby is healthy , hearbits are normal as required, babys age measures tobe 7week 1 day where as sac size should be 24  x 24 but its only 15  x 15,
what could be the possibilities, I'm worried, please help me.
I having the EXACT same issue.
I went in for a 6 week 5 day ultrasound and my sac was measuring small so they got me in two weeks later. At my 8 week 5 day ultrasound the baby was measuring right on but the sac was still a week behind. Other than that everything looked perfect! We saw the heartbeat both times and heard it at the second appointment. We also saw the baby moving.
I saw the doctor yesterday and they didn't even bring it up so I asked about it, wanted to know if I should be worried. She bascially told me she has no idea whether it means anything or not and things usually catch themselves up. I don't even got back for another ultrasound at this point til I'm 20 weeks so I guess they can't be too worried and I'm just praying for the best!
Hi there,

I'm not an expert, but I do know that as long as the heartbeat is good and the baby is measuring up well - you needn't be concerned.

I hope everything works out well.
A small gestational sac was the reason for my m/c last year. I was 7wks 6 days. I saw the heart beat twice before i miscarried. If you don't have any spotting and painful cramping you should be okay.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
eeek!!! I did not need to read that. I was just starting to not feel so nervous. I have seen and heard the heartbeat and will be 10 weeks this week. The doc told me yesterday that I have less than a 5% chance of miscarrying at this point.
You should be fine...don't worry. As i said along as you don't have period like cramps and spotting.
This happened during my last pregnancy. My sac measured 2 weeks small. AT 9 weeks the baby measured 8 weeks and the sac measured a bit under 7 weeks. The baby filled almost the entire sac. I was told I might miscarry. I went back at 13 weeks to get it rechecked and everything measured perfectly and the sac had caught up. My little girl turns 1 year on Thursday.
Hi michell,

Lets pray for everything to be all right,
my next ultrasound is on 27th march,
Hope for the best.......
I had a small gestational sac measurement in Feb.  I was supposed to be 7 weels and the felta pole measures 6 weeks and the sac measured 5 weeks.  There was a heartbeat at my first ultrasound but at my followup two weeks later there was no longer a HB.  I had no bleeding to indicate that any thing was wrong and opted for a medical abortion.  Sounds like you are doing well as you made it through with a HB twice!  My Dr. told me that sometimes everything catches up and other times miscarriage is unavoidable which was obviously my case.  I wish you well.
Let me know how your next ultrasound goes!!
Seriously, my doc did not seem overly concered about it and I'm 10 weeks along now so I think things are going to be just fine.
Prayers for both of us and our lil beans!!!
HI Michell,

Doctor said everything is fine, two weeks before baby measuring 8 weeks and sac 6 weeks and in this ultra sound difference is same but baby measuring 10 weeks and sac 8 weeks, so no need to worry and herefurther it will be ok.....