Maternal & Child Community
Small Sac size??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Small Sac size??

Dear All,

On my ultrasound doctor told me that baby is healthy , hearbits are normal as required, babys age measures tobe 7week 1 day where as sac size should be 24  x 24 but its only 15  x 15,
what could be the possibilities, I'm worried, please help me.
I having the EXACT same issue.
I went in for a 6 week 5 day ultrasound and my sac was measuring small so they got me in two weeks later. At my 8 week 5 day ultrasound the baby was measuring right on but the sac was still a week behind. Other than that everything looked perfect! We saw the heartbeat both times and heard it at the second appointment. We also saw the baby moving.
I saw the doctor yesterday and they didn't even bring it up so I asked about it, wanted to know if I should be worried. She bascially told me she has no idea whether it means anything or not and things usually catch themselves up. I don't even got back for another ultrasound at this point til I'm 20 weeks so I guess they can't be too worried and I'm just praying for the best!
Hi there,

I'm not an expert, but I do know that as long as the heartbeat is good and the baby is measuring up well - you needn't be concerned.

I hope everything works out well.
A small gestational sac was the reason for my m/c last year. I was 7wks 6 days. I saw the heart beat twice before i miscarried. If you don't have any spotting and painful cramping you should be okay.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
eeek!!! I did not need to read that. I was just starting to not feel so nervous. I have seen and heard the heartbeat and will be 10 weeks this week. The doc told me yesterday that I have less than a 5% chance of miscarrying at this point.
This happened during my last pregnancy. My sac measured 2 weeks small. AT 9 weeks the baby measured 8 weeks and the sac measured a bit under 7 weeks. The baby filled almost the entire sac. I was told I might miscarry. I went back at 13 weeks to get it rechecked and everything measured perfectly and the sac had caught up. My little girl turns 1 year on Thursday.
You should be fine...don't worry. As i said along as you don't have period like cramps and spotting.
Hi michell,

Lets pray for everything to be all right,
my next ultrasound is on 27th march,
Hope for the best.......
I had a small gestational sac measurement in Feb.  I was supposed to be 7 weels and the felta pole measures 6 weeks and the sac measured 5 weeks.  There was a heartbeat at my first ultrasound but at my followup two weeks later there was no longer a HB.  I had no bleeding to indicate that any thing was wrong and opted for a medical abortion.  Sounds like you are doing well as you made it through with a HB twice!  My Dr. told me that sometimes everything catches up and other times miscarriage is unavoidable which was obviously my case.  I wish you well.
Let me know how your next ultrasound goes!!
Seriously, my doc did not seem overly concered about it and I'm 10 weeks along now so I think things are going to be just fine.
Prayers for both of us and our lil beans!!!
HI Michell,

Doctor said everything is fine, two weeks before baby measuring 8 weeks and sac 6 weeks and in this ultra sound difference is same but baby measuring 10 weeks and sac 8 weeks, so no need to worry and herefurther it will be ok.....