Maternal & Child Community
Small amniotic sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Small amniotic sac

Hi! I am 7 weeks, 6 days pregnant. I had an u/s at 6wk 2days last week and the heart rate was only 113--a sure cause for alarm for them and I was given a 50/50 chance of miscarrying. I went back for u/s Wednesday at 7wk4days and the heart rate was up to 159 (great!!) but now they say the sac is very small so even though the baby is growing exactly as it should be (measured 7wk6days), they are sticking with the 50/50 chance of miscarrying. AND I have to go see a maternal fetal specialist at 12 weeks for level 2 u/s b/c of the small sac but they are hoping they will look at skin folds/etc--like neuchal translucency, etc......... I can not find ANYTHING about a small sac size and what is normal and am getting nervous. I do have a tilted uterus and they know that but did not say that was why it would be small.......any help??? Of course, after 2 boys, my husband is convinced this is a girl and she is just causing drama for fun....... I am very worried and nervous and would welcome anything anyone knows about this....  Thanks!
Not much info from me, Just wanted to say good luck Hopefully your next u/s shows everything were it should be and that the little one was just off to a slow start
Will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts!  Hopefully he/she is just a late bloomer and will take off like a weed soon!  You may be earlier than what they are telling you.
Thanks so much!  I am not earlier--I have had many complications in my past and do not ovulate normally so I have ultrasounds to determine dates from 4-5 weeks forward. The baby is measuring correct from visit to visit, just now the sac is measuring too small for the baby. I am hoping because the baby is growing exactly as he/she should be that the sac is not too much of an issue.  I am really trying to find someone who has had this happen--can not seem to find anything on this anywhere....I am just stressed.  Thanks so much for your good thoughts though--I really appreciate them!!
Remember not to stress that's bad for you and the baby, keep a peaceful mind! Put you and the babys in Gods arms, there are some things you can't control!
I hope all goes well.  Visit this web-site for additional encouragement.  

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/forums
I also just had my 1st u/s and the baby is 7wks 4 days and the sac is 5wks and 6days.....i go back in 2 weeks to have another u/s i hope everything is ok.....that really makes me nervous that nobody can find any info about this.....also that nobody has had this happen to them......keep me and my husband in your prayers