Maternal & Child Community
Smell of discharge changes during pregnancy???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi Guys, I know this is a little bit of and odd question, but I figured that if anyone is going to know the answer then someone on here will!  You all seem pretty clued up on this pregnancy stuff.  I was doing some research on pregnancy and came across a site listing the different symptoms people have experienced.  One woman said that, her discharge changed smell, so she now knows what pregnancy smells like!  What I would like to know is, does discharge have a different smell during pregnancy?  If so can anyone explain what the smell is like?  Does it get stronger than usual?  I hope you do not mind me asking, it is just something I am curious about!  Please help!  Thanks.  Claire xxx
Avatar n tn
I dont think its supposed to get really strong. That could indication of infection. I did notice for me that it smells kinda like the discharge right before my period, if that helps.