Smoked salmon a nono during pregnancy?
Finally a food that is less nauseating than everything else, but i've read there's some small risk of listeria... anyone know more about it? thanks in advance-
I have not heard that about salmon...but check with your Dr.
I've heard smoked products are at risk for listeria...check with a doctor...Salmon itself is not a risk during pregnancy.
Isn't salmon a risk for mercury? Does anyone have the fish list?

How about honey?

You're correct that smoked salmon a.k.a lox should not be eaten during pregnancy.
Honey carries a risk for botulism....if i spelled it right.  I learned that a little while back....and I LOVE honey!!!  It stinks!
Oh man, I hate honey!  And my dad had his own bees.  He processed over 3 ton a year.  And I hated it!  Plus, I was allergic to the bees and the honey made me sick.

Smoked salmon DOES sound good, as do oysters and sardines.

honey is safe if you are over the age of 1. Here is some info

How can botulism be prevented?

Botulism can be prevented. Foodborne botulism has often been from home-canned foods with low acid content, such as asparagus, green beans, beets and corn. However, outbreaks of botulism from more unusual sources such as chopped garlic in oil, chile peppers, tomatoes, improperly handled baked potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil, and home-canned or fermented fish. Persons who do home canning should follow strict hygienic procedures to reduce contamination of foods. Oils infused with garlic or herbs should be refrigerated. Potatoes which have been baked while wrapped in aluminum foil should be kept hot until served or refrigerated. Because the botulism toxin is destroyed by high temperatures, persons who eat home-canned foods should consider boiling the food for 10 minutes before eating it to ensure safety. Instructions on safe home canning can be obtained from county extension services or from the US Department of Agriculture. Because honey can contain spores of Clostridium botulinum and this has been a source of infection for infants, children less than 12 months old should not be fed honey. Honey is safe for persons 1 year of age and older. Wound botulism can be prevented by promptly seeking medical care for infected wounds and by not using injectable street drugs.

and the website I got the info from:

http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/DBMD/diseaseinfo/botulism_g.htm

The FSA website says to avoid these foods:

There are certain foods that you should avoid when you
I've never ate it smoked, but I love salmon & catfish so I just make a rule while pg that I never eat any fish more than 2xs in a week. :)
I ate salmon just the other day!
yeah, i did too :) i think if you get it at a reputable place that keeps it stored properly and its vacuum-sealed, the chances of it having listeria are pretty slim. with all these 'recommendations' it can get pretty extreme... like, i'm sure pregnant women in Japan eat fresh sashimi, and I'm pretty sure pregnant women in France eat soft cheese. you can do the best you can do.
Salmon is actually good for you during pregnancy b/c it is full of omega fats.  The issue is that you should not have SMOKED salmon b/c it has not been thouroughly cooked.  Most smoked foods, for that matter, are a no-no during pregnancy.  Mercury is not a concern with salmon.  There is concern that there are high levels of PCBs in salmon (another toxic pollutant) so you are better off eating wild caught salmon as opposed to farm raised, which tend to have higher levels of toxins.
If it makes you feel any better I was so worried about listeria. I wanted cold cut sandwiches so bad.  Doc said have them we have never seen one case of Listeria.  Now this was in the United States...he did say other countries have Listeria cases more often.  I still did not eat lunch meat unless it was heated.
Just reiterating what Adevotee said: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html
According to http://www.*****************.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html

Smoked Seafood -Refrigerated, smoked seafood often labeled as lox, nova style, kippered, or jerky should be avoided because it could be contaminated with Listeria. (These are safe to eat when they are in an ingredient in a meal that has been cooked, like a casserole.) This type of fish is often found in the deli section of your grocery store. Canned or shelf-safe smoked seafood is usually OK to eat.