Maternal & Child Community
Sneezing and Cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sneezing and Cramps

I am 27 and just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant, first pregnancy and scared/excited. I have been having cramps (like I would be having my period) and bloating. I have also noticed lots of gas/constipation. Which I have heard and read is normal.  Other than that, I feel normal and have had absolutely no bleeding. This morning I was laying in bed on my side and sneezed and had a not normal painful cramp in my lower abdomen? It did go away almost immediately and my abdomen isn't sore.  Has that happened to anyone before? Haven't yet found a docor I want to go to, should I find one and go sooner than later, due to this occurence?
Congratulations on your pregnancy!  Those symptoms you described are completely normal (bloatedness/cramps).  As far as the sneeze and painful cramp is concerned, could it be a muscle spasm because of your position when you sneezed?  Honestly, I'm not sure. Try to find a doctor sooner than later - he/she can answer tons of questions & best of luck to you!
I remember having the same thing.  Get used to it!  I read that it was totally normal.  I would also start settling on a doctor.  They are going to want to see you in the next  couple weeks and you will feel much better just knowing there is someone you can call.