Maternal & Child Community
Soft Cervix and open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Soft Cervix and open forum

Hello all and TGIF. I do have a question I am 5dpo but my cervix is still very soft and high making BD still uncomfortable as it is so soft. Did anyone else experience this and why do ya'll think it is still so soft? Everything I read says it should get firm after ovulation.
Mine is still high and soft and I got my BFP this past weekend! I've always heard that after O that if you did not concieve (conceive), then it will go back to being firm. Which has been the case for me for the last 7 months! Just thought I would let you know my input!  :)

I am almost 11 weeks pregnant, and after i ovulated my cervix became hard again but remained semi high. Notlow but not to high. I think it's different for every woman. I hope this is good news for you this month!!! God Bless!!
Thanks girls I really hope this is the month for me. Also the first month that I have had nice and steady post ovualation temps. :)
I just got the chills!!!  I hope this is it!!!
Oh me too!!! I would be ecstatic to get my first ever BFP..
Only other symptom is lower left pain, kind of like a pinching sensation and some AF like cramps.
Also frequent urination BUT I know that is not due to a possible BFP as I do not think that occurs until HCG is high enough. Not a UTI though as there is no pain and when I got to the bathroom I am peeing like a race horse, no little dribbles like a usual UTI. The peeing started yesterday with some clear CM.
EEEk, when will you test?  I got this one as early as 8dpo.  O I just know it....I love all your lil symptoms.  I wish you could test today!!!!  Well, Have a great weekend and maybe you will have good news on monday!!
Thanks for the well wishes you guys always make me smile. I hope this is it too. I am only 5dpo so I have quite a wait prior to me testing.
I woke up this morning to a temp drop and light spotting.  Looks like AF will be here tomorrow, right on time.  Even though I got a BFN yesterday I was still holding on to that tiny bit of hope.  It's officially gone now and I'm just so sad.  This is the worst it's ever been for me.  I'm calling an RE on Monday.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will see me even though it's only been 7 months.
I am sorry to hear about that. I guess we all have our time. My cousin went through years of trying then finally did IVF, she concieved the first time and had a little girl. They decided to try it again and it didn't work so they tried again and it didn't work so they just said forget it. Then like a year later their daughter said "Mommy you got a baby in your belly" She hadn't kept track of her periods because obviously after being told there's no way you can get pregnant on your won she wasn't tracking anything. Anyway, she decided she should go get a test, and it was positive! Our babies come when they're supposed to. I know it's disappointing when you're trying so hard, but eventually it will happen! Best wishes to you! God Bless!
Sounds promising!!!!!I'm crossing my fingers for you and sending you baby dust! ((((BABY HUGS))))
it sounds like it's your month!!!!! I am so excited!  I feel like jifnif right now and wanting to hear right now if you are pregnant or not!!!!  But I guess we all have to wait.  Boo!  Good luck in the next little bit!  I am sure you will let us all know right away when you find out!  It's your time girl!
I'm telling you I had the same symptoms 5 dpo plus I had sore nipples and knew in my heart I was pg this month. I never get af cramps before af. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is your month. Like jifnif, I tested at 8dpo and got a very, very, very faint bfp but a + is a + no matter how faint! Sticky baby dust****************************
I'm so sorry AF is coming. I hope you have luck with an RE and that you get your BFP really soon. Did it take you a while the 1st time you got PG? Lots of babydust to you***********
Oops. I don't know why I thought I read in one of the roll calls that you had been PG. Sorry, total mistake. I know you'll eventually (hopefully sooner than later) get that BFP. Modern medicine is so incredible and the breakthroughs that have been made in fertility medicine is outstanding. Hopefully whatever is going in is simple to treat/cure and you and DH will get your BFP. Hopefully all it is is the stress of ttc. You hear these stories all the time about the moment women stop using OPks, taking their temps and checking CM they end up with their BFPs! Lots and lots and lots of baby dust*************************
I've never been pregnant.  DH & I are just trying for #1.  That's really all we want.
To your question about when you become pg will your acne go away, I have never really had any breakouts but now that I am pg my face and by back have been breaking out. Hopefully it will start to clear up since I am entering the 2nd tri. It really depends on your body you may not breakout when you get pg its due to the hormones.
Have you been able to treat your back acne?
I experienced the same thing after going off the pill. My back looked like it had a rash, but it was just out of control acne. It only lasted a couple of weeks. I just made sure that I was thoroughly cleaning it. Another thing I did that helped was had my DH clean it with an astringent (Witch Hazel works) with a cotton pad. It helps with getting the extra dirt off. And keep it hydrated with a moisturizer.
Saw your other posts... hope it's your month!!
Thanks, that is exactly what it looks like a rash all over. Guess DH will have to get involved to get those hard to reach places. I always wash with a big brush with neutrogena acne wash and it still is not helping.
Since this ovulation even my face has been acting up and it never really does.
Hope all this is a good sign.
make sure not to scrub/exfoliate too often. It only irritates your skin more.

I'm on cd 22, hoping that I'm ovulating as we type. We've been working hard at BD!
We did too. We bd'ed 4 days in a row over ovulation. Figured that should do the trick and the egg had better meet up with some of them.
I am just wondering what all of you think about this new thing.  I have three beautiful children and am expecting my fourth and final child in early April.  I am strongly considering this, but the cost is somewhat outrageous  ($1900.00 initially and $125.00 per yr thereafter) and am having some anxiety about it.  I don't want to put a cost on my children's lives if they should need it, but do you think it really is worth the cost of going a bit into debt for this?  Thank you in advance for all your opinions.
This is my 4th and last, and I have been wondering the same exact thing! I'e been checking it out. I just ave never really heard from anyone that has done it. I'm alwas scared if they would need it they would'thave it or be able to find it or something. Which I'm sure that wouldn't be the case. let me know if you find out more info. I will let you know if I do as well.
Hey, I couldn't remember who it was that wanted to know if it was ok to get your nails done during pregnancy, and I scrolled down and couldn't find the thread, however I did say I would ask at my Dr's appt. and I did and she said that it is fine along with getting your hair dyed. So hope that helped some!
Hi girls. I banked my DDs blood. It is a steap investment but there is no amount of money in the world that isn't worth saving my child's life. If I would give my own life for my baby, how could I not spend a thousand or so dollars? Additionally, the cord blood has been used to save the life of other family members as well. So, heaven forbid one of your other children need to use the cord blood, it would more likely than not be compatible. I'm sorry if I sound "peachy" or anything but I just can't understand NOT doing it- atleast with one child. Hope I helped.
Did any of you experience break outs after being off the pill for a few months. Went off in July and a few months were okay. But about 3 months ago my back broke out terribly. Like all over!!! My face is not bad and I get the ocassional one on the jaw line. What can I do for the back though as it is gross.
Will it go away when I get pregnant or worsen???
I banked my daughter's (3rd child) cord blood. My OB gave me the name of a company called Cryo Cell. It cost me a one time fee of I think $300 (not more than $350). Then I pay a yearly fee of $100 per year for as long as I want to perserve the cord blood. When I had my first child we just couldn't afford the high costs that the other compines were charging. I wish I knew about Cryo Cell when my first was born. They are a very rep. company. My OB refers all his patients to them. They also have specials if you refer or use them again with another child, which is what I am planning on doing! Hope this helps
Thanks for encouragement.  I think I'm freaking out a bit more than usual b/c we passed the 6 month mark.  Only 5 more months of TTC before we are officially deemed infertile.  That's a lot to take.  I do want to take a break soon.  I can't yet though.  My acupuncture treatments are based on where I am in my cycle so I have to be pretty certain.
BTW, don't worry about the confusion.  I know it's really hard to keep up with everyone's story!
Thanks girls for your opinion.  It does help some.  

jgirl 34 - I totally can relate to what you said, I mean, if we don't need it until say 15 years later, will they have it, will they give us the right one?  I guess with the way companies screw ppl these days I wonder those same things.  I did ask my dr. and she said the most reputable one she has found is CBR (one of the first founders).  Now, that being said, they are rather expensive and she does not know if they have had any issues to date.

Cutiemama - I like you would give my life in a split second for any of my children and that is why I am considering this.  I just hate debt and really like to keep it to a minimum, but agree that when it really boils down to it, a meezly $1000 or $2000 is nothing to save the life of your children or your spouse or even yourself.  I have only one friend who has done this with 2 of her children and she is glad she has since her baby has been diagnosed with Diabetes in the last year and maybe in the near future it can help him. I can only imagine that something would happen to one of my children and the dr's first words to be, "Did you happen to bank any cord blood?", can you imagine the guilt I would feel knowing I could have saved my child.  

Deb 6572 -  Will definately check your bank and see if the cost has changed or is the same.  What year was it that you did your banking?  Do you have a web site for them by any chance?  

My dh and I talked about this and are both in the mind set that we have to do this, so I am now just going to research the best place and try and negotiate the cost.  Thanks again ladies for all your responses.  I really like this site for making some very difficult decisions.