Sonogram and Heartbeat
At how many weeks can you see the heartbeat on a regular sonogram? (not an internal sonogram).  I'm sure my doctor will do a sonogram on August 17th and I will be 8W3D and I was wondering if they will be able to see the heartbeat then.
I had to go the hosp. when I was 6 weeks for bad cramp on left side. The U/S machine there is very strong. When the tech put the probe on my belly she said It is not ectopic & I see a heartbeat. She then did a Vag. to get the heartrate (145 BPM)
You should be able to see it. I saw a hb at 6w 4d with the u/s machine at my dr's office.
Is it possible to see a hb at 5 weeks 4 days??? My OB scheduled me for an u/s b/c of my last m/c to make sure this is a viable pregnancy.
It depends on how accurately the pregnancy is timed to what really happened in your body.  5 weeks 4 days (timed from first day of last period) is just about precisely when the embryo's heart starts to beat in the first place.  If the baby was conceived a couple of days later than the standard measurements assume, then the heart won't have started up yet.  Hope you see it!
i saw my baby's heartbeat at 7weeks 6days at 158bpm
I was able to hear my baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks 4 days!  It was a transvaginal.
I went in for an U/S at 6w3d.  We are certain of pg week due to insemination/ovulation.  I was being monitored.  So, I was hoping to see the fetal pole and heartbeat because from everywhere that I have read, by now that should be present.  But nothing.  Just saw the getstation sac and yolk sac.  At 5wk3d we only saw the gestational sac.  I'm hoping I just have a slow developer.  I go in for another u/s tomorrow at 6w6d and I really hope it's there. I'll be devasted if it's not.  It took us 1.5 years and a surgery to get pg.  Grow little bean grow.

Julie