Sonogram didn't show a baby
I am supposed to be 7 wks pregnant.  Just came from my first visit to the doctor's office.  I was excited when I was told I was going to be able to see the baby, but unfortunately we did not see a baby, but a sack.  The nurse seemed worried because I was supposed to be 7 wks into my pregnancy, and based on the size/development instead of 7 wks it looked more like 5 wks. She said I could just be only 5 wks pregnant.  I asked for "worst case scenario", she said, baby could be dead, ectopic pregnancy, etc.   I am going for a second sonogram on Feb. 2nd, by then, the baby would have to show.... by the meantime, I don't know how I am going to keep my mind occupied, but I have to.  I wonder what role the "actual date of conception" plays as opposed to the "first day of my last period", with respect of the actual/real date the baby is.  I'll try to keep positive.  Any thoughts?
Did they take blood to check your HCG levels?  If so you can have them checked in two days and compare.  That will definetely tell you if you are miscarrying or will miscarry.  Good luck!
you and your baby are in my prayers.

Jess
Thanks for your good wishes.  They did do blood work, in fact, at the time they were doing the sonogam, the nurse went into the lab to have them add another test, perhaps the one you mentioned.  I just called the doctor to ask him a couple of more questions and he said that in his opinion the sack look very healthy (in case the baby stopped living 2 weeks ago), so he said to stay positive.... I am... to certain extent.
Thanks Jess... I know God always knows why things happen, so which ever way it goes, it will be for the best.
Same thing happened to me and when i went in we could see the baby :)  think happy thoughts :)  momttc