Maternal & Child Community
Son's testicle keeps 'popping out of place'

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hey guys!  I posted on the men board but haven't gotten a response.  I have a ten year old son whose right testicle keeps popping out of place.  Have you ever heard of such?  It happens sometimes several times a day.  He says it doesn't hurt and he usually pushes it back down.  It goes all the way out to what would be your pelvic line.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
poor boy!!take him to the dr!!
He has an appt scheduled, I was just wondering if anyone else ever had a child that experienced this.  My husband said he remembers it as a child, but not as extreme, so I was just wondering.  Thanks for the input.
I asked my husband, and he had never heard of that. His response was,"It sounds like he needs to see a Dr." So, good luck, but it doesn't sound terribly common.
Thanks to everyone that responded:

Update---just spoke with dr. and as "Diamond" stated, this is not an uncommon thing.  It happens to quite a few guys.  Nothing to worry about unless it becomes painful.  They said they would continue to monitor as he goes through puberty, but otherwise no concerns.  What a relief!  Thanks again guys!  Have a good day!!!
I don't think it's that uncommon it happens to my husband quite often and the doc. said it just because his testicules are smaller than average, and as long as there no pain and he can push it pack down there nothing to worry about. of course talk to his doctor anyway just to be sure. Hope this helps.
Thanks for asking the hubby!  I didn't think so either.  I will let ya'll know what the dr says.
The older a man gets, the less likely this is to happen as the scrotum stretches (the guy literally "hangs low.")  My husband says that is why you see so many old men wearing pants with such low crotches LOL.  So this will self-correct over a number of years, small comfort now I guess.  Good thing the doc says it's normal, so he won't worry.