Maternal & Child Community
Sooo confused?!?!?!?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sooo confused?!?!?!?!?

Good morning ladies. As you all know I tested positve last week went to the SAME clinic two days later and the test came back neg. called the clinic they said they used a differen test come back in a week. Over the weekend I brought an HPT took it Fri came back light pink pos line so I took it agian Sat morn, with 1st urine AGAIN slight pink pos line, the next day I began to spot kind of brownish later that day it began to appear to be a period last night the bleeding was ONLY visible when wiping after urinating. Any suggestions? The bleeding does NOT appear to be what I have read about implantation bleeding. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm, it could be implantation bleeding still. How many weeks are you? I remember my ob saying to me that you can have implantation bleeding anywhere from 3-7 weeks pg. I also read numerous amts of times that for some unknown reason, a common time to bleed is in the 8th week. I think I last read that one parenting.com or babycenter.com. One of those type things.

It could also be leftover old blood that your uterus is getting rid of.

What color was it? Brown and dark red? Any cramping?

I went to the clinic with 5 of my pg's, and sometimes their brand test comes back negative.

I know it's easier said than done, but I wouldn't worry too much. So many women bleed at one point in their pg for no apparent reason. I bled thru both of my childrens' pgs the whole time, and they came out fine.
My sister in law is almost 11wks preggo, and she was spotting last week.  just like you have discribed.
Song bird is right try not to worry, will this be your first?
Thank you all for being so supportive. Itstarted out brown spotting then VERY dark red. no cramping at all I REALLY didnt expect it. Do you think I REALLY can be preggo? When should I retest?
I am going through the same thing right now.  My last cycle was on March 18.  On Apr 26, I got some brownish bleeding/spotting and it ended like 4 days later.  But I have not yet had a postive result.  I am going to the doctor on Thurs, let me know if you find out anything before then.  I have been TTC since Apr of 04.
You've gotten how many BFP with your own tests? And only one negative at the clinic. THe odds are in your favor, and you are pregnant. You're not having any cramping, which is very good. The blood isn't bright red, which is even better. That means that it's not an "open wound". When was your LMP? I've had many different types of implantation bleeding, one time was exactly what you're going through. As long as you're feeling fine, I really wouldn't worrry too much. I've gotten accustomed to the fact that whenever I would see blood during my pg's, I disregard it. Some bleeds are for strange reasons. Your cervix could be irritated, or moving due to the growing uterus. Did you have "relations" lately? That would definitely cause it. The embryo could also be implanting even deeper into your uterus now, causing the bleeding.
My LMP was March. 30th. I was due to come on Apr. 27th I got 1 positive from the clinic, one neg from the clinic and two pos. hpt's We did have sex the day before but nothing rough. I read it's rare to have  a flase pos. but can three pos be false?
I remember with my son, I was probably no more than 5 weeks pregnant and I would bleed or spot brown and dark red after intercourse. We too took it easy, and I never had any discomfort. It would happen as soon as we were done, or the next day. It's amazing how many changes our bodies go thru during pregnancy. Plus, if your LMP was march 30th, that would only put you at 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. That's the prime time for implantation bleeding. Some women think that their periods are just light during this week, meanwhile it's really impl bleeding. Like I said, as long as there's no cramping and no bright red bleeding, you're in the clear. You're just too early in the pregnancy still to register + on all HPT's. Remember that cramping in early pg is normal too. My implantation bleeding with my son was crampy, clotty, and bled for five days. Everyone's different. Just keep thinking and living your day to day life as though there is nothing wrong, because most likely there isn't anything wrong.
I HOPE you all are right, I will keep you posted.
we are going through the same thing i am 8w 3d and i started bleeding no cramping so i went to the hospital and they did my hcg level check and its gone down from 20982- 20226 im still bleeding lightly and when they did the scan they saw the fetus and the yolk sac but no heart beat im holding on to every bit of hopE i can CAN ANYONE HELP? AND HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH THIS
I have gone through something similar and unfortunately m/ced.  I am so sorry but I think you are having a m/c.  At 8 weeks, a heartbeat should be pretty easy to detect on an u/s and, from everything I've been told, hcg levels do not drop in a healthy 1st trimester pg.  I really, really hope I am wrong.  My thoughts are with you.  So many women on this site have had m/cs and we all know how heartbreaking they are.  Best of luck.  Let us know what happens.
I am having the same problem.  My normal cycle is about 28 or 29 days. My last AF came on 4/1 and I started have brownish spotting /bleeding since 4/30 (I normally have heavy bleeding for my cycle).  I have been TTC.  I'm scared to take the test.  Should I wait few more days so I can a more accurate result?
hi
i had unprotected sex with my partner after starting the pill on that day.
i have a 28 day cycle and i would have had unprotected sex on day 12 and 13 of my cycle.

what are the chnaces i am pregnant? ???
ow long can i wait before i check to see if i am?

iI am in day 15 now of this cycle just wondering how probable it is that i am?
PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP........MY LAST AF CAME 03/08 THREE BFP LAST WEEK AND 4 NEGS 4/10 SPOTTED LIGHT BROWN FOR 5 HOURS THEN STOPPED ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS.......NOT TTC BUT WOULDN'T MIND BEING PREG...SOME SYMPTOMS LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO STARED STOMACH TWINGES AND BREAST SORENESS....SOOO CONFUSED