Maternal & Child Community
Sore bbs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sore bbs

Good morning all...I am 15 1/2 weeks and continue to have very tender boobs and sore nipples.  I never really had any of this with my other two, so was surprised this time.  Question is, it seems that this is a symptom most people lose by the end of the first trimester -- what does it mean?  

Any thoughts?  Did anyone have this continue throughout (at least into 2nd tri)?

Thanks for your input!
Me!  My bbs hurt most of the pg - in fact, they really only stopped hurting for the second half of the 2nd trimester into the first half of the 3rd trimester.  I am 2 1/2 weeks postpartum now, and they FINALLY feel better (I'm not bfing).  Hope this gives you some reassurance.  Also, I know it's easy to compare pgs, but they do say that each pg is different.  Of course, I've only had one so far, but this is what I read.  Best of luck to you!  
I too am 15-1/2 w. w/ my 3rd and I had extremely sore bbs in the beginning and then just in the last week they've really sore again,esp. the nps. I know that by around 5m. w/ my other two kids my colostrum was already in.  I seem to think that contribute to my symptoms.  Just a thought!!!
Thanks ladies.  I really didn't have this with my other two -- I am not especially well-endowed, but now I feel like a hoochy mama in my tops -- not really the picture of pregnancy I was hoping for.  And they are just so sore...not complaining, just thought it would let up by now.

Hulahut -- congrats on your little one!  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Bizeemom -- keep in touch -- we're at the same point and with our thirds -- what fun!  How old are your others -- mine are 8 and 10 with birthdays coming!