Maternal & Child Community
Sperm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sperm

My Dh had a sperm analysis done.  He has a normal sperm count but an elevated viscosity. Does anyone know if that  is a nehatove when ttc. Also, does his sperm count go down if we have sex everyday during my fertile period?  I just started Clomid and we have been tring to do the every other day BD, but then I had ovulation pain so we did bd everyday for three days.  If his sperm count is normal, how long does it take to rebuild?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
126454_tn?1328022622
Sperm usually take 24 hours to be replenished.  If your dh has a normal count, then once a day should be good.  Drs recommend every other day for low counts.  I don't know what high visocity means so I can't help you there.  Take care!
Blank
High viscosity means that the fluid part of his ejaculate is very thick. I don't know, but assume that drinking a lot of water might thin it out. Many people are chronically dehydrated, and don't know it. The worst things to drink are caffeine (coffee), soda, and alcohol. All adults need at least 64 oz. of water a day to be relly well hydrated. There may also be some kind of sperm thinning lubricant you can use, but I don't really know much about that.
Blank
I have posted before about "pregnancy retardation". I just looked at my post and saw that typoed brainstorm. I used to be a good typist before I pg. Wait a couple of mos. till it's your turn. You'll see what I mean. Let us know how it goes with the Robitussin for hubby.
Blank
funny you say that about Robitussin because this was my first cycle on Clomid and I was taking mucinex because my cm seemed thick.  I gave some to my DH to try also.  Im in the 2ww. Thanx
Blank
I had a brianstorm. If Robitussin will thin a woman's cm, why not men's semen? It is just a mucous thinner right. I haven't looked it up, but I bet if you do there's some info somewhere.
Blank
There are sites that talk about improving the quality of men's sperm, what to eat, what vitamins, how not to drink, coffee etc. Seems it would be a good thing for men to have to engage in healthy habits too! Water is probably the only thing he's lacking though.It is HARD to drink that much water in one day. It has to really be like your hobby.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...