Maternal & Child Community
Spotting, Lower BBT Miscarriage or low progesterone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spotting, Lower BBT Miscarriage or low progesterone

I am 36. My husband and I have been trying to conceive on and off for a year or so. This month we used the ClearPlan which indicates an LH surge. According to it, I ovulated on the 19th day of my cycle. (My cycles generally range from 28-32 days, though over the past six months, I've had 31-day cycles). On day 24 of my cycle 5dpo), my breasts became tender and swollen (this happens some months when I'm pre-menstrual)and 9 or 10 dpo I began to feel an odd sensation in my uterus, like a tiny, gentle tugging. Also 10 dpo I experienced some very light brown spotting after exercising. The next day it was a darker though still light. Today (13 dpo, day 32 of my cycle) it is somewhat heavier, still light spotting, but darker (I've never seen such dark spotting pre-menses). My BBT went down this morning 3/10 of a degree from 36.70C to 36.45 C. My questions are these: 1) Is it possible I've had an early miscarriage that happens to coincide with the start of my period?(since my BBT dropped this morning, I may have full-fledged menstruation tonight or tomorrow morning.) 2) Since, over the past year or so, I tend to have some minor brown spotting (though nothing like what I've had this week) before the start of my periods, is it possible this increased spotting has nothing to do with pregnancy but with an increasing progesterone problem?

Thanks.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ummmm. ihave had m/c and there no mistaking them. you could have breakthru bleeding . you didn't say anything about hpt.  did you take one yet?  you can get early prg. tests and they have been accurate for me. i would go and get one today. i just don't know much about taking temps, I have never done that, but some other on this board have I know. i would do a test today adn see what it says ,either way ,i would  then make an appoitment with your Doc. , HOpe
Blank
I've read that many women don't have breakthrough bleeding right away. I may end up having it tonight... I've not taken a hpt test yet. I was waiting till 18dpo, but my low temp--only appeared this morning--tells me I'm not pregant (if I was at all).
Blank
well i've been pregnant 5 times, with some ihave had implantation bleeding and some i have not. and some times it's more than others. i would just go and get a tests, i think it's $12.00 for two if you get Answer brand. but i always feel like i just have to know though, iguess i am impatient!!! But i can be now that we have early tests we can take!!! I hope it works out for out for you adn your DH.
Blank
I experienced spotting on my last pregnancy and my MD said it's normal and to relax (yeah right!).  I just didn't feel "right" so I asked to have another HCG drawn to check that my levels were still rising.  Unfortunately they dropped and I ended up miscarrying.  My temp, however, didn't drop until the day the heavy bleeding started.  I would get a HPT or an HCG level if possible.
Blank
Thanks for your input Azjen. As it turns out AF arrived early this morning. Guess the concern now is why the spotting. Usually means Luteal defect, or so I've read, if one was not pregnant.
Blank
please this is really simple, i have had brown spotting for 2 days now, i am 5 days away from having my period, and i am now 9 days past ovulation, i also feel anxious, is this implantation bleeding?
Blank
/Anda

I experienced spotting for 3 consecutive days that stopped 5 days before my period. Could it be implantation bleeding or low progesterone level? HCG is negative .How can I tell if I am pregnant?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank