Maternal & Child Community
Spotting, nipples, cramps- am i pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

lmp due 7/1, on a 26-27 day cycle.
came early on 7/27 with brown spotting for 2 days
hpt was neg.
then light bleeding started for a day, back to spotting 1 day, then light bleeding/spotting for 2 days.
7/22 noticed VERY sore nipples, swollen breasts, slight slight cramping in lower left ab, moving to middle (feel like twinges or grabs) also a feeling of fullness and nausea. these are NOT like anything i have ever expereinced with period.
next AF should have been due 7/25-28 (not certain as bleeding was so intermittent)
light brownish spotting started 7/30 morning, only noticable after cp examination. 31/7 some light brown and pink watery discharge with some darker brown spots. this doesnt usually happen for af, lmp was first occurence.
hpt 7/31 neg.
what could be happening?
could i be preg with low hCG, or if not, what is going on?????

i am waiting for doc appt to get blood tests, but need some reassurance or advice asap
Well I would say it sounds like your pregnant, but I could very easily be wrong. If the symptoms are as you say with no exxageration then I would bet yes...Have you been trying long?
weve been trying for 7 months, and symptoms arent exaggerated.
but the discharge is getting heavier, feeling more like coming into af-
all other symptoms are still here, the dull ache is really yucky right now.
wondering now- is it possible im 8 weeks pregnant or 4 weeks pregnant?
and do you have any idea what i am to think if i start to bleed?
if im not pregnant there is something wrong

im really scared, wish DH was home

im on MSN at ***@**** if anyone wants to message me, please do!

i also posted earlier, but these details are more accurate, read from my chart
oooo im going crazy with worry
ps, im in australia- thats why its july 31 already! sorry for any confusion
so in Australia it is my birthday already,lol : ) I would defintely get the blood test, It can detect a pg as soon as 6 days after conception. From the sounds of it you may very well be pregnant ; ) Hopefully you have been taking those prenatals and an extra folic acid supplement. Be patient, if you are pg, you will know soon enough!!

Good Luck!
Andrea
happy birthday!!!!
Thanks!! I figured I am letting it pass quietly in my "normal" life, but online I don't mind it being known : )

I know the wait is torture, I am going through the same thing right now. I just m/c a few weeks ago, but am starting to have some signs I may be pg again. I figure I will wait to test, as hard as that is. If your cycle doesn't start or your symptoms get worse, you can test then. But most over the counter tests are limited in their ability to detect hcg below a certain level.

The blood serum test given at a doctors office is still the most accurate. But some doctors make you wait until you get a pos urine test before they will do a blood test.

I hope the best for you!! Good luck and keep me posted.

Andrea
nicole-

the pain you're talking about could be a tubal pregnancy. When is your Dr.s appt?
i dont know about a tubal- i know of friends who've experienced that, my cramps were mostly on the left side but this aching is all over my lower abdomen.
discharge is heavier this afternoon- could be af

nic
Well keep us updated, discharge does tend to increase when you are pregnant...
I have never had a tubal, but they initially suspected that with my last pg. They said it would start as a pain on one side (more than just a "crampy" feeling) and spread across the lower abdomen. But from what I have heard, that pain doesn't start until 6-7 weeks LMP as the baby develops in the tube. Hopefully it is just implantation :)

Try a post specific to tubal questions, I know Lisadengel just went through a tubal pg and she would be able to tell you what to look for.

I still believe it is too early to have those symptoms, but no harm is being prudent. Let us know how everything turns out.

Andrea
After having my son and finally resuming my cycles (didn't get my first af until 10 mos post-pardum) I noticed that the week prior I would get nauseated, bbs sore, basically almost every s/s of being pg. I guess you never can tell sometimes : (

I hope the best for you, maybe the doctor can tell you what is going on. Good luck.

Andrea
guess what, AF came
im bummed, really thought this could have been it
i have some major craps, so im thinking thats where my tum cramps were from??? but why cramps for 10 days then craps???
i dont know!
its really weird that ive been regular for so long and suddnely get a light 22 d cycle now a 30 day cycle...
my nipples have got gradually less sore over the last few days and ive no idea what theyre all about, its not something ive experienced before- maybe a bra that scratched them?

well, if af isnt too heavy i guess i could still be preg
im going to docs anyway to check for other probs i might have, im not ignoring the symptoms
Help I went to the dr on 9/22 and took a pg test. it was negative.  I  waited and took a home test on 9/26 and the results were one dark line and one light line.  I waited and took another home test this time the results were both lines were dark I took this test on 9/28. I went this after noon to the dr. office since my result were positive.  There they gave me a test and that was negative.  Can anyone help me.  I've have all the symptoms of being pregnant.  Could the home test be wrong?