Maternal & Child Community
Spotting 7 days before period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting 7 days before period

Hi everyone! I'm not due for my period for another 5 days. I am almost always on time. There's been a few months where I was 2 days early but that's it. For the past 2 1/2 days now I have been spotting some pinkish and some brown blood. It's not a lot. Definately not enough to be my period. It got a little bit heavier last night when I used the bathroom so I assumed it was my period starting since I always spot the day before my period, but then the rest of last night and this morning there's been nothing. I also had sex because that usually pushes my period along and it made me spot a little more but still nothing after that. Could anyone tell me what's going on? A lot of people had said that it might be pregnancy but I took a test yesterday and it came negative. Is something wrong with me?
Well it could be implantation bleeding, pink and brown is usually what implantation bleeding looks like, I haven't heard too much about it getting darker for a day, but it's possible. If it was implantation bleeding you wouldn't get a positive HPT yet, you'd have to wait until you miss your period/after you miss your period to test. Good luck! :]
hey i just wanted to say im always on time too but this time i had spotting 7 days before my period was due and now i havent started yet im two days late but i took a pregnancy test and it was negative 1 day after late. i don't know what it is but your not alone!
Now, i am having the same issue. It seems to be pretty common, but unfortunately there are not too many answers. Most of what I've read says that it could be implantation bleeding, which definitely scares me a little. I would love to have kids one day, but not today.  At the same time it's very improbable that I am pregnate because I do take birth control, while at the same time, my boyfriend and I double up and use condems as well. So who knows...? maybe it's just normal? did either of you ever start your period or end up pregnate?
I've never ever been late or experienced bleeding .and for the first time I spotted bright red very light but enough for me to notice what is it help please
Sorry meant spotting I've never experienced spotting
I know I'm scared im taking test asap
I'm 17 dpo and 5 days til I'm supposed to start my period and I've had diarrhea for 3 days and today I am having bad pain in my lower back and abdomen and spotting are these any symptoms for pregnancy I haven't been prego for 8yrs and my husband and I are ttc please help!