Maternal & Child Community
Spotting But Rising BBT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting But Rising BBT

So, my BBT has been steadily climbing since Tuesday (CD 14). It was 97.86 on Tuesday, 98.20 on Wednesday and 98.48 today, but when I went to the bathroom this morning I had some spotting. It was pinky red in color and not really a lot on the paper. My husband and I BDed on Saturday, Monday night and Tuesday morning. I've also had some back pain on and off the last two days, and I had a dull ache/pain on my right side. Could this spotting be mid-cycle bleeding? Or is this the start of a new cycle?

Hi!
If your BBT is rising, then probably this was an ovulation bleed or spotting. If you conceived, the BBT will continue to rise and remain risen at a particular level. If you do not conceive, it will fall back to pre-ovulation level. You can take a pregnancy test after 14 days of CD14. Take care!