Maternal & Child Community
Spotting/Trouble Getting Pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spotting/Trouble Getting Pregnant

I have one child, therefore have been pregnant before.  We are now in our 9th month of trying.  Unlike my first time trying to conceive, I spot every month a few days after ovulation until I actually begin my period, which is usually around day 26.  I have been to my doctor many times, she has done many blood tests as well as an SIS and everything seems normal.  We have no idea why I am spotting and if it has anything to do with not getting pregnant.  I was on Prometrium for one month, then she took me off and put me on Femara.  My spotting got worse, so now she has me on Femara Days 3-7 and Prometrium 5 days after ovulation for 10 days.

I am having a hard time getting anything else done and finding out why I am spotting so much each month. This is not something that was normal before I had my first child.  I am becoming more and more frustrated and just want to get pregnant.  Please, if you have any advice or information or suggestions, please share them with me.  Is it "normal" to be spotting each month?  Is this why I am not getting pregnant?

Thank you so much!