Maternal & Child Community
Spotting a few days before period??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting a few days before period??

Hi, everyone.  My period has ALWAYS been normal, meaning I menstrate every 28-30 days right on time.  For the past few months my DH and I have been using natural birth control. Tracking the calander and my CM.  Well, the past 3 months I have some very slight spotting about 3 days before my period is due.  This spotting is really light brown, almost rust in color.  It looks like discharge with that color. It has no smell and I've had no itching or anything. But my period still came on time the past two months and it lasted the same amount of days.  My period is now due this month either tomorrow or Friday.

My question is why would I start spotting all of a sudden when this is not the norm for my cycle?  I've read somewhere that it could be low progesterone.  Do you think this is the case? Or since the color isn't dark brown is it not even "spotting" and maybe something else?  I don't have insurance right now so that is why I haven't seen a Gyno about it yet. I even questioned whether I might be pregnant or not since we had unprotected sex just 1 days before ovulation 2 weeks ago. But I'm not too sure about that since this happened the past two month in a row and I am feeling pre-menstrual.  Sorry for the long post.  Just a little concerned! Thx!
I started to spot before every period after going off the pill. Doctor said it is very normal and sometimes your cycles start to change for whatever reason. She never thought it was due to low progesterone.
if your period doesn't come i would probably take a hpt on Saturday just to make sure.  if you are usually dry before af and now have cm that is a possible sign of pg.  good luck to you.
I also started having premenstrual spotting when TTC and it was NOT from coming off of the pill.  It's very frustrating b/c you start to think you may have implantation bleeding, then AF shows up.  I could not get my GYN to take me seriously so I started seeing an acupuncturist.  I can't say for certain that did the trick, but I got my BFP after seeing her for about 2 1/2 months.
Thanks, I hope that's what is is. I got off BC last July. My period was a little irregular for 2 or 3 months but since then it's been right on track. Except since April's period with this light spotting.  Does anyone know considering the color and how it appears to be CM stained rust color if it really is "spotting?" Is only a little bit too when I wipe. And not everytime I go pee either. But I thought it was weird b/c since I've been tracking my CM (since Jan.) my cycle is really regular. Every 14 days after period I get thick egg white CM. And I'm usually dry right bf period comes and this month I keep having CM.
hi all. i just did a google search on clomid & spotting, and your thread came up. i am ttc #1 and have started to spot 2 days before i am hoping to find out i am pg (unfortunately the day i've been getting my pd.) do you really think accupuncture helped? i am really into yoga and think accupunture would be a great idea. pls tell me what you thought a/b accupuncture for ttc & timing during your cycle, etc. thx.
Thanks for the replys. My DH and I aren't TTC right now. But we will be in a year or two so the thought of having low progesterone is scary to me since I'd think that could effect fertility. I really feel like my AF is coming so I'm sure it will be on schedule. But in the chance that it isn't I'll definitly be posting to update everyone.
i have noticed the "spotting"  before af too.  and i always think its implantation bleeding.  i prob had it before but never noticed since i wasnt ttc, and looking for impl bleeding:) but it is like cm with color and only occasionally.  then i get af.  the spotting is on and off for prob almost a week prior to af for me.
Today is day 30 and still no period.  Plus, I threw up a few minutes ago.  I was cleaning out my fridge and something spelt a little funky.  Nothing that bothers me that much.  While I was cleaning out the dish I puked in my kitchen sink!  I really starting wonder if I am preggo.  When should I take a test?  I usually get period on average on day 29 but it has come several times on day 30 which is today.  Should I wait a week.  if I am preggo I'm already getting sick!  I don't know what to do?! Maybe it was just a coincidence and my sense of smell was extra sensitive this morning.  I don't think it's a stomach virus or food b/c I didn't feel nauseous or anything.  Just threw up.  Now I feel nauseus though
take a test!  just remember it may be too early to show up in your urine.  so a bfn at this point might not necessarily be the case.  i have a stack of 1$ hpt from the dollar store, so i never feel bad if i take them, like im wasting them and $.  good luck :)