Maternal & Child Community
Spotting and passing clots during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Viewing 201-227 comments:
okay so today i should be 8 weeks. I started light bleeding last wed the 21st. had blood work done on thursday and they said that my progesterone levels were low so on friday i started taking a shot to help rise my levels then on christmas eve i went to the er because i had started having cramps. They did not have anyone there to do a u/s so they just did a blood test. Said my hcg levels had risen but not doubled (but i have seen where many womens levels do not always double like drs say they should). The ER dr did and exam and my cervix was closed so they said i am a threatend m/c and to go home and rest because it had not happened yet but then christmas day the bleeding kinda picked up and the cramping got worse and then monday it slowed and tuesday i finally felt good enough to get up and do some house work. Then today I got up and the cramps have come back, sometimes on a scale of 1-10 they can be a 10 and other times they are just a 2 or 3. the only time i really see the blood is when i go to the rest room, it hasnt made it to my panties unless i wait to go to the bathroom and i stand up it sometimes starts to come out on its own. I have noticed a few small blood clots but and still scared I may be losing this one as well.

I must also say that on june 23rd this year i had a m/c on the day i turned 7 weeks, during this one i woke up at 1230am to us the rest room because i was in pain and had passed a bunch of blood and clots so i went to the er where they did and exam and my cervix was open.
I am very thankfull for all your postings im 6 weeks prego and started spotting and passing small cloths  yesterday my doctor told me to come right in for an ultrasound and he could still see the sac :) so hoping for a miracle and that all goes well
My daughter is 5 weeks and 6 days today. She was perfectly fine until she had a transvaginal ultrasound last Friday, Christmas Eve Eve. Then she started cramping and having a pink bleeding. We took her to the ER where we spent Christmas Eve and the doctor told her her cervix was closed, but she has 4 cysts on her right ovary. the doc said she was probably having a m/c and her hcg level had dropped a little. we were very sad on Christmas, but went to the doctor yesterday, and they did another ultrasound. We saw the gestational sac and the fetus, but of course, no heartbeat yet. and today, she is bleeding again. the doctor did not put her on bedrest, so we are hoping for the best. she is going to the doctor next wednesday to see if there is a heartbeat. we are in agony with the waiting.
Well I had  a miscarriage yesterday, 2nd one in 6 months. which might i add is not only heartbreaking but very hard on the body. I wish everyone the best of luck with what ever situtation they are going through right now
I am  about 6 wks pregnant , and  3 days ago I started spotting and now I am seen blood  clot. Is that sign of any complication?
my 2nd m/c started out like that, spotting on a wednesday and on saturday i started passing small blood clots so i went to the ER. they told me my cervix was closed but i was considered a a threatened miscarriage. So i would go to the ER or call your Dr and see what they have to say. I was also told to just lay around and rest
I am in 15 weeks pregnant and having the same problem of you. I've been bleeding since I found out that I'm pregnant. It was a bright red blood but right now it was a dark sometimes brown blood and it is stinks. I felt cramped below my abdomen maybe because of lifting some heavy things at my job. I dnt have a doctor yet until now because I'm still waiting of my Insurance. I'm worried and scared to death because I want a baby so bad and this is my first baby..please give me some answer,advice or anything to make me feel better.stressful and frustrated.
do you not have insurance at all now or are you just waiting on the card?

if you are just waiting on the card you should still be able to go to a dr and just tell them you are waiting on your card.

Either way you should still be able to go to the ER most ERs wont turn people away whether they have insurance or not and you being pregnant they wont turn you away (or they shouldnt)
I am 7 weeks pregnant and i started spotting a wweek ago i wasnt to worried until last night i passed a clott and bleed as if on my period. Tonight ive passed two golf ball size clotts without pain im very nervous, i went with my dr and she said my cervix was closed. What do i do
I am just about 6 weeks and have had two sunday's in a row that i have bled and the er and my obgyn don't seem to be worried. this is my first pregnancy, and to day i passed a small clot about the size of a dime. Does anyone know what to do? its making me worried.
I just recenly had an etopic pregnancy in June of 2011. I am now 5 weeks pregnan.  I have been spotting only when I use the bathroom.  Today I pass a small clot not even the size of a dime.  But I am so worried.  I have not been to ER which I know I should go but I am scared to death.  My first prenatal appointment is not until Tesdayof next week.  What do i do.  I do know I am not experiencing any pain at all.  
I am 5 weeks pregnant and I woke up this morning with slight back pain ( nothing alarming) then I went to the bathroom and I saw a little blood when I wiped. 1 1/2 later I felt a little gush as I would on my period. I went to the bathroom again and I had started bleeding heavily. I went to the ER and they did a pelvic exam. They told me my cervix was closed but I still could be miscarrying. I have bleed all day and as of now with minor cramping if any (11:30 est) it has slacked up a lot not nearly as heavy as it was earlier. I am still nervous as this is my first pregnancy. It wasn't planned but I don't want to loose the baby, Anyone else has this type of thing happen? Was the baby ok or did you miscarry?
I am 5 weeks pregnant with a problem similar. I have a child of 14 months but i have miscarried twice before my fullterm birthI found out i was pregnant sunday morning, mon i confirmed the pregnancy with our dr. Today around 2pm i started to bleed with blood clots, the bleeding is getting lighter and blood clots smaller now. Im so confused and scared! my husband and i are excited but unsure if my pregnancy will continue. Does anyone have any advice?
Hie all.I feel that we are all in the same boat no matter wat the technology or physicians tell us. It's all good to be assured but most importantly I think we should remember that we are all different and unique in special ways. My heart goes to u all ladies going through this hard times. My first pregnant was clearly a miracle. My partner was diagnosed with a low sperm count and was quite sure that he will never impregnant a woman.At the age of 32 he had no child and I was also relaxed and believed also that it will be just the two of us with no children.we lived like that for more than 4 years having unprotected sex.  But one day while I was having a bath. I noticed a big clot the size of palm of my hand and I was shocked and scared at the same time. Miscarriage was a mile away from my thought since my patner could not give me baby. I rushed to ER and when they came to c me they had smiles on their faces and congratulated me saying I was pregnant but told me that they need to do internal scan but then told me that my womb was empty and I must have miscarried. Su pressingly I was happy about the news that I knew we cud have children but obviously de aster that I ddnt know I was preg and I lost it. Well I never gave up so I got pregnant a year after and I started bleeding after 2 weeks. At 6 wks I was told that I'm losing the baby and thrs nothing they can do to stop it. The doctor offered me tablet and asked if I wanted it and stay over the night . I refused and I told her I will go home and miscarry naturally. I continued spotting on and of but nothing more came out. I reached 12 wks and went for a scan and everything was perfect and I carried my preg to full term with no complications.now my son is 9 YRS. However I write this now I am 7 wks preg and bleeding and will b going tomoro for a scan to c wats going on. I had miscarriages after my son and all of them started with bleeding.I am hoping that this is going to work like the first as I am taking Chinese herbs.I have a period like pain and am bleeding like I am on my period.now it's day 2 taking the herbs and the bleeding is slowing down. I pray to God that he will c us thru all the pain worry and suffering that we r going thru.I pray for all of u and pliz never give up.doctors don't know everything but your body knows.listen to uor body more and try to rest a lot as I think it's important.will kp u posted.
i am 15 /12 weeks and i have a lot of bleeding sometimes and the doctor told me i have a huge blood clot on the right side of me and it could be normal but just over the weekend it started to drain out of me so thats a good sign.and this will be baby number 5
i have just had my first scan in this pregnancy,this will hopefully be my fourth baby. when they did my scan they also found a sack of blood iether in my uterus or next to it.a blood clot.its not what they call normal but apparently it is common in pregnancy. it can come away and make u bleed or it can stay there the entire pregnancy. this is most probably why you are bleeding.hope this helps.ask to be scanned again and tell them what i said.hope all goes well.
I have been bleeding for about 2weeks and clotting a little bit should I be on bed rest
I'M about 12 weeks pregnant I have been spot bleeding bright red only when I wipe myself for on and off the past two weeks I just had intercourse yesterday and bled like dark brownish for a little bit and I had bad cramps my mom told me it's normal but I don't feel right my appointment isn't till the 5th of April I had 2 abortions in the past 4 years I think maybe that has something to do with it please help I'M worried :-(
went to the E.R. Monday  4/2/2012
they told me that they didn't see the yolk or sac during the ultra sound
said i would be about 3-4 weeks if i was pregnant...
also said they didn't see any signs of pregnancy

went to my doctors office that used the same urine and blood samples 4/4/2012 they said i was definitely pregnant and when my nurse came back they would schedule an appointment (she comes back on the 16th)

upon waiting and all that jazz i started to spot. called the med advice and they said it was normal... okay that's just fine and dandy so my husband and i went on living with our lives

4/8/2012 i began to spot bright red. i began to worry and he turned his back to me and didn't care that i was scared looked at me like i was weak and pathetic.
4/9/2012 still spotted but was bright red to rusty blood color
4/10/2012 started spotting heavier and i found blood clots and it changed from rusty blood to bright again...

i had a miscarriage in september when my husband went to iraq... and now... i'm scared but i'm prepared for the worst.
if i make it past this i will be happy if i don't... i will be more devistated than i have ever experienced... when i found out i was pregnant i was so happy and now all this pregnancy has been is run arounds from doctors offices and blood.... i hope everything is ok.... i really do... i would do anything to keep this baby to term

nikki.***@****
hi im so confused :( i found out 3 weeks ago i was pregnant with baby number 7 (iv had 4 m/c in the past) about 2 weeks ago i started bleeding nothing too heavy but still i panicked went to epas who done a scan n told me id lostthe baby but they took blood then got me back in 2 days later where they done another scan where they saw the sac but my hcg levels werent going up as they should be so told me i was going to lose it and to go back again in 2 days which i did and they told me  my womb was thickening and the sac was growing and how they thot it could all be ok ...the bleeding still there getting redder but yest i passed some clots and foned them to be told " we all knew in our heads it was going to happen just come in on monday" thats not what they told me now im sitting totally disheartened n gutted i still feel pregnant...sore boobs ..sickness etc but monday seems so far away i just want my baby to be there  and everything to be ok :( xx
I'm 7 weeks pregnant and on my 5th birth. I'm been bleeding for 2 weeks now. I've been passing clots. And all shades of blood I've been to the emergency and waited 5 hours to be seen no joke. After a sonogram I was told the baby is fine but I still can't help to panic its the first time this has ever happen to me
I am 8 weeks pregnant and I have been bleeding just as with a menstual period since i went for an ultra sound today.  I have passed two clots.  I stated spotting 2 days ago, not enough to go to underwear, only when i wipe.  A day ago it got to the point where I soaked my pantyliner.  I went to OBGYN today and she did the ultrasound which shows a fetus which in her words is smaller than it should be at 8 weeks.  I'm so confused and feel like just giving up. She said it's either a younger prenancy or a bad pregnancy.  Couldnt be younger because I did the test 5 days after my missed period and it was positive.  That was almost 5 weeks ago.  Leaves me to conclude then that its a "bad" pregnancy...her words.  I am so depressed after having gone today!!!!  Better she had said I'm having a miscarriage than to say its a "bad" pregnancy...in my mind it means something is very wrong with the fetus!!!
I am 8 weeks tomorrow bleeding for 6 days now went for internal yday and heartbeat was there but 2day I am. Losing a few little clots tiny as a pin but still worried has any1 got any advise for me
I took a home pregnancy test a week ago and came out positive, I went to get tested at a center to apply for help and the test came out negative, I took another 2 home pregnancy test and also negative I was really upset because we had been trying for two years to get pregnant. My husband decided to take me and get a blood test done witch came out positive. So we came home we had dinner then I started to have sum cramping, went to the restroom and had sum bleeding with a lot of clear discharge, I decided to rest and call my Dr in the morning. I got up like at 6 am to the restroom and there was a lot more bleeding and a lot of big sized blood cloths,so i went to the er, they did sum test and exams. The Dr there said blood test showed i was pregnanat but the hcg was 7.5 witch for normal 5.4 weeks is too low. One week is between 10-20. Upto now I still have sum bleeding and not so much cramping but I've been crying everytime I think about how much we wanted / expecting the baby! It's Friday and I have Dr appt till Monday to check if the hcg numbers went up or if I had a miscarrage (miscarriage), I can't wait for Monday and a miracle! I don't want to get my hopes up but we really want this baby! Hoping for the best
Hi, I am 6wks pregnant and bleeding lightly, the bleeding started on Thursday 3rd may and has continued since, it's now Sunday 6th may.
I called my doctor on Thursday who booked me in for an appt on Friday 4th am, I was given another hCG test and although it was positive it was very feint, the nurse said to test again in a week but with the bleeding and having passed two lumps (not clots) it was highly likely that I am miscarrying. I am not in any pain and the bleeding goes from light to spotting. I think I've already lost the baby, call it woman's intuition, but I'm worried now that the miscarriage is not fully complete and that I may need help with the rest. My partners staying optimistic as I didn't have any pregnancy symptom with my first 2 children between missing a period and baby's first movement but I'm not convinced. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm at a bit if a loss as to what to do and how to continue with my normal life, I hate being in limbo!
What happened I am 6 weeks and I am bleeding red blood I passed a long clotty thing and I also have a bladder infection I am convinced I have lost my baby I go for a scan in to days time please if anyone has gone threw this and had a baby can you please help me
Hello, i am concerned as to what happened to you...??? i have encountered some similarities to you as well!  I am also scared I hope you reply.
At around midnight I noticed spotting and a small blood clot (smaller than a dime or a penny). I know that spotting during the first trimester is normal, but nothing prepares you for that moment.  The blood was a red to pink color. At first I just drank some water and went back to bed. I later had to use the bathroom again and there was still more spotting slightly darker than the first time. It wasn't enough blood for a period, but made me nervous. I woke up my husband and said were going to the hospital. They checked my beta (hcg) levels which were high 66,897 and completed an ultrasound everything was normal and the baby had a heartbeat. I say this because we were here worrying we had to know if everything was okay with our baby. True there is nothing you can do if you m/c, but I coudn't wait for a later doctors appointment. The anxiety, worry, etc. was something crazy to deal with. Next time I know if it doesn't fill up one pad or no major pain with it then you do not have to go to the hospital.
I am 6 weeks pregnant and in April I had a d&c cuz I had a miscarriage. So my husband and I found out we were pregnant 3 weeks ago, everything was going good until 3 days ago I started to spot lite pink and then this morning bright red and I have been changing my panty liner every hour .... I have no idea what to think... I'm really scared, I don't want to loose this baby....
Hello,   I know your posting was from Nov of 2011.  I hope all is well with you.  My conditon is the same as yours was.  I'm 4 weeks 2 days pregnant.  I started spotting yesterday and then it stopped. Today it started again and I passed 3 very small clots again the size of a Fruity Pebble (the cereal with Fred Fintson on the front).  I do have a doctors appointmen on Friday (its only Sunday).  If its not to much to ask what did your doctor tell you.  I hope to hear that you have a bundle of joy :)
Hey! I have had the same problem. I was tons that there is no baby! Last Sat. I had light bleeding, went to the hospital they said my levels were 2,200. Ther sad a baby I was .5.5 days. They said everything was fine, but I could still possible misscarage. Next day I had s little bleeding at first and then that night my close were bloody when I sat on the toilet 1 clot fell out. I went back they said they saw no baby. So 3 days later I went to my Dr. And they took blood and I got a call the next day saying my levels were still going up and if I start bleeding redl heavy go back to the hospital, but I need to cone back in and do more blood work and U/S. What's going on?
honestly hun abortions i think could be exactly why you are having probs, its such a harsh procedure and altho i cant understand how any1 can do such a thing to a precious life, i dont know what the reason is u had the abortions, like medically or just because you didnt want them. but either way it a very hard core thing to do to your body and it wouldnt surprise me if your body is in fact paying for your choice to abort, many women are never able to carry a healthy pregnancy after abortion, and it makes perfect sense, why be allowed to carry when you have taken the most incredible and most cherished gift known to humankind?! good luck and please hold life more precious!!!!
I went to the docter 9/10/12 and had papswear start spotting had ultrasound 09/13/12 seen baby hearbeat 145 start passing blood clots spotting  brownish pinkish blood its light then heavy was crampy little bit had misscarriage 4/30/12 just worried but as i have heard on here anything is possible everybody and pregnancy is different i believe what will happen will happen god willing we will all carry full term i have a 16 year old and four step children 9 4 3 1 im truly blessed and i truly want another baby
sorry to here that how is everything
Hi everyone.  I had a miscarriage in April...it was awful but we are trying again after six months.  I just was not ready to try again until now as it was really hard to deal with.  I hope if/when it happens this one will be ok.
I am 12 weeks and was just at the  Emergency this morning coz of blood clots.  When I was being assessed, I felt gushing blood and I thought it was good I was wearing a Pad.  Blood tests had good result but on the ultrasound, the doctor just saw a sac so I have to go back tomorrow for another one.  We came home and I was advised by my relatives to just lie down.  I got up to pee and 7 thumb size blood clots came out. I get a lot of cramping too.  I am worried but if it's God's will the baby will stay alive then that would be awesome.We just continue to pray  for this.
I am having the exact same problem I missed my period had nausea and vomitting then suddenly I had brown discharge and bad cramps with bright red blood.  I was just wondering what you ever found out?  Thanks
I am roughly 6weeks pregnant I was having brown discharge but this morning it was red and heavy I have also passed a blood clot the size of a golf ball and then the pain and bleeding stopped for couple hours but has restarted not so heavy but its there I had a scan yesterday which showed 5-6 week sac and yoke sac but no heart beat but they said could be to early I dont no what to do do you think I have miscarried also allot of pain in my lower back
Am 11 weeks pregnant, started spotting bloob with small cloths, went to see the doc and he told me thers nothing in my womb,told me to wait for two weeks or go clean the womb,he didn't have confidents, I am not bleeding heviely an I don't have cramps,waitin to see another gyno for second opinion,only god knws what's goin on an I put all my faith on him, gug luck to all of you
Im 14weeks pregnant and having a very hard time this is my third pregnancy my doctor has placed me on bedrest. I've been to the er twice in one week fot passing blood and blood clots i was told i have a 20%chance of keeping my baby without miscarriage all i can do is cry i dont even wanna leave home im to depressed I'm praying for better days for us alll
Hi. Tears are streaming as I write this. I had an internal scan yesterday as was suspected ectopic. This is the case. 4 hours after I started spotting and have been since until about half hour ago. I felt a gush! Went to the toilet and found lots of bright red blood and a generous size clot. I have contacted all the right people but nobody seems interested. This is my 3rd pregnancy and still no baby.
Get checked. The same is happening to me now. Been bleeding and just passed a small clot, smaller than a quarter of the size of a penny, this is the first "clot" I have passed. I have been bleeding brown discharge for 3 days now, yesterday I had a big episode of bleeding, used the bathroom, toilet water was red, as well as the tissue when I wiped, full of blood. It stopped as of this morning and now this afternoon it has started back up, this is when I noticed the clot. The blood is not bright red but maroon colored, but it more than just a tint on the toilet paper. I have to go get my HCG level tested today. I am having very faint cramps, I really htink I have lost my baby. This will be the 3rd one in a row.
Im so sorry. Iv been thru it 2x. Im afraid im going thru it again right now as im typing this. I feel like crying.
Im so sorry.
Im so confused..i took a hpt right after i missed my period which was postivie....a week late i started bleeding started off light then i started passing clots..i went to the ER and they ran test and stated there were hcg present in my blood work but the pregnancy test was negative.... ..and basically packed me up and sent me on my way..i got home took another hpt and it was still positive....im really confused am i pregnant or am i not i just dont know right now...any advice will help a bunch..i just dont know what i should do
Im just over 15 wks n bleeding too .. I have a tiny clot beside placenta.. Ive been initally spotting after first passing bright red blood but now im passing more n need to wear a pad.. The only thing keeping me going is believibg each time i bleed it means clot cud be dissolving... N the fact ive been getting strong wee flutters.. I know this wee baby is a fighter n will be there right until labour.. Just need to keep having faith ladies n believe everything will work out for best. After all anything worth havibg never comes easy ;-)
friday 02/7/2014 i went to the er found out i was pregnant my period came 01/31/2014 it was very light the 4th day came there was no period i had intercourse the 5th day it came back and its been on since i spotted dark brown and then since today 02/09/2014 its been like a regular blood flow almost like a first day period with a liltle bit of blood clots light abdoominal pain. im very worried what does anybody think please give me some advice is this normal??????
Hi sorry, I know you posted in 2012 but I am 4 weeks 6 days and spotting with poppy seed size clots, did everything work out for you?? Im freaking out, its my first pregnancy and Im only 18 years old. :( please help
I am about 4 weeks pregnant. I have been spotting practically the whole time. last saturday I went to the rest room and had a bright red blood clot and light bleeding for about 30 minutes then it stopped. Yesterday while I was washing dishes I felt a blood clot pass. When I checked it was a bright red blood clot the size of a quater and I started bleeding again. I went to the er and they checked my blood, urine and gave me a vaginal ultrasound. The blood and urine read positive for pregnancy and my hcg levels were at 8549. The ultrasound showed the sac still in place but the doctor was not able to see a baby yet. I go back on thursday to recheck my hcg levels to make sure they are rising as should. i am worried any advice?
Viewing 201-227 comments: