Maternal & Child Community
Spotting at 14 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting at 14 weeks

I am 14 weeks pregnant I had a miscarriage in October so I'm just a little worried but I started spotting Wednesday and I went to the doctor Thursday and they said everything looked good they checked my cervix and said it looked good and my hcg levels were good but they told me I had a yeat infection and that might be why i'm spotting so I was wondering has anyone else experienced that or is that normal or am I just worrying too much?

Hebbie
I spotted my whole first 3 months and had a healthy pregnancy.  It's actually pretty normal, so don't worry.  Especially since the doc says everything else looks good. :)
I had a little spotting due to a yeast infection when I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant. Hope this helps.
Lisa
How can you tell if you have a yeast infection. I'm also pregnant and have had a little spotting, I go to the doc on tuesday and I'm hoping it's nothing serious..
I am 14.5 weeks and have had some spotting in the last week. I talked went to the doctor and was told that any type of infection can cause spotting. I was told that my spotting was coming from my cervix because it is irritated but they couldnt tell me why (damn urgent care doctors) as long as your doctor said everythign looked good you dont have anyhting to worry about I know it is hard I also had a m/c in Oct. You chances od having another m/c have gone way down now that you are in the 2nd trimester.
If you are still bleeding 1 month later and you are still testing positive on the HPT it sounds like you still have some fetal tissues left behind.. SOmetime the placenta doesnt detach completely and this will lead to bleeding and continuing HCG levels..  My recommendation is to go to the Dr and get an ultrasound so that they can check the contents of your uterus.. I am so sorry for your loss..
Hi Everyone,

i wonder if anyone have the same expirence that i have. I got pregnant on December 2005 and did not know until 20th January this year, when i tried to have pregnancy test and confirm by teh doctor that i was 6weeks pregnant. Unfortunately since the doctor confirm to me that i was positive i've started to look aftermore of myself but after a week later i started having spotting and went to the hospital for enternal check to make sure that the baby was okey and have blood test but after a week later i had a miscarriage on 3rd February 2006, and i have been buying pregnancy test and keep checking myself if come out negative but it is now nearly a month since i have the miscarriage still come out positive and i am feeling being pregnant. I've been constantly bleeding non stop for over a month now since i had spotting before i had miscarriage until i had miscarriage i am still bleeding and i am concerned.  
Is their any possiblity to get pregnant again even though i am still bleeding after miscarriage.

any though is much appreciated
Honey13
I had some spotting around that time and it was diagnosed as a small subchorionic bleed. I'm on pelvic rest (no sex, exercise or heavy lifting). I was told this can happen around weeks 12-15 due to placenta formation. They found it by doing an ultrasound. Good luck.
Thank you guys so much for the comments. You don't know how much it helps to know someone has went through the same problems. I am so stressed because of the m/c but I have to just pray that this one is going to be just fine. I go back to the doctor on March 16th so I will keep you posted. Are your doctors stingy with the ultrasounds? I hate that, seems like they should do one for every visit especially if you have a history of miscarriages. They gave me one at 6 weeks and I saw the little bean and heard the heart beat. But they told me they won't do another one until its time to determine the sex. They do the doppler though and I get to hear the heartbeat everytime so the helps some. Good Luck everyone.

Hebbie
Thanks for your advice, i did go to the doctor last week and this week and the doctor took a blood test and told me that i am not pregnant and my level just tell high but i have to go back their again next week for the third bollod test.

The doctor told me that they will need to take a blood test from me, until my blood level drop to zero.

i asked the doctor it might have tissue left inside me, he did said to me, it is impossible becuase i was only 6 to 7weeks pregnant. i do not know if this is true?

does anyone you know have the same expirence.

MAny thanks again