Maternal & Child Community
Spotting at 4 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting at 4 weeks

I am 4 wks and 4 days preg.  Last night my dh and I walked around our neighborhood for about 35 mins pretty fast.  When we got home my "parts" were itching really bad up inside like a yeast infections (sorry if tmi).  I peed and wiped and kind-of scratched up in there and there was a tiny dot of red on the paper.  Well, of course for the rest of the night I was digging up in there trying to see if there was anymore red.  There was just a little before bed, but none so far today.  I mc in Feb at 5 weeks and 1 day, so I am VERY worried!  What else could red blood be from if not a mc?  My 1st pregnancy can smooth with no problems so this is all new to me.  My dd is now 20 months old.  Help!  Also, I still have a little naseousness and my boobs are still sore and big.  Thanks :)
If it's not bright red and without cramping, you shuold be fine.  You can have implantation spotting for up to 8 weeks.  I had some slight spotting at 5.5 weeks.  You should be fine.  If the spotting continue, call your OB.
I had spotting off and on for a week during my 4th week, and then again for a few days in my 6th week.  There were two times where the blood was actually bright red, once with a very small clot.  Needless to say, I was terrified both times.  It never got worse though, I never even needed a panty liner.  I got to see the HB last week, so everything is going fine.  There are a lot of reasons that you may bleed in early pregnancy.  Most of the time it's perfectly fine.  Just monitor it to make sure the amount doesn't increase and that you don't have cramping with it.  You can always put a call in to your DR.  This early they can check your hCG levels.  That may put your mind at rest.  I'm sure everything is OK.  Just try to relax.
At the beginning of my pregnancy, everytime I would exercise I would spot just a little. Nothing much, but enough to scare me. Since I have had 3 previous m/c I stopped exercising until after 12 weeks pg. I am now 20 weeks and everything is going good so far. So, maybe the spotting is from the walking. Just try not to worry and good luck!!!!
You could have irritated something when you "went up in there". That area is very sensative right now. I wouldn't worry unless it continues!
Thanks everyone, I feel better now!  Hopefully, the spotting doesn't come back :)
firstly try not to worry!
secondly stop probing around up there!!
Some bleeding in early pregnancy is very very common, if it is enough you need to wear a pad or you have cramps then call your doctor, but the probing  around can encourage bleeding as the uterus is so sensitive right now.
I have not bd since getting a bfp because my nurse told me it can cause bleeding, my poor dh, when ttc I wanted bd all the time, now its a desert for him!!
try not to worry too much
babydust and hugs
     xxx
Try not to worry.  I've had spotting/bleeding at 3 different times during my current 8 week pregnancy.  Sometimes it was just pink/brown spotting but I've also had gushes of bright red blood.  My last pg ended in m/c at 6w2d so every spot of anything on the tp or in my underwear has totally scared me to death.  Every u/s I've had this pg has been completely normal.  Try not to get too freaked out.  Not every drop of blood means m/c.  I would call your dr., though.  Anytime you have spotting or bleeding during pg the dr. usually wants to see you just to be sure everything is fine.  You might have a yeast infection.  Those can cause bleeding.  One of my bleeding episodes was caused by bacterial vaginosis.  When the bleeding didn't stop after my treatment, my NP discovered I had developed a yeast infection from the antibiotic cream for the bv.  The y.i. was causing the bleeding to continue.  I also agree with the above poster...please don't dig!  That can cause some serious irritation and maybe make things worse!  My thoughts are with you.
The first day of my last period was Feb 27, 2006. I was due again on March 26, 2006. I missed and on March 30th I took 2 hpt's (both positive) and I had it confirmed at the doctors office on March 31. I was about 4wks and 4days.

Everything was going well, until April 11, 2006. I am supposively 6wks 1day at this moment. I woke up this morning, went to the restroom and noticed a very light pinkish/brown spotting only on the toilet paper after wiping. I called my doctor immediately and she asked me to come on so they could draw some blood. So I went in, they took my blood to check my hcg level and then they sent me for an ultrasound.

At the ultrasound, they were telling me they could see the gestational sac, but nothing else. They also said that I wasn't measuring on their chart. (not sure what that means) The doctor called me back and said they would call me on Wednesday to let me know the results of my hcg levels.

On Wednesday, I was told my hcg was 5,480 and that I needed to come back in Thursday morning to check it again. So Thursday morning, I went back in and they called me around 11am with the results. My hcg had went up to 9,042. The nurse said that it had went up the appropriate amounts. However, the doctor schedule me for another ultrasound on April 19, which is TOMORROW.

I have still been experiencing a little bit of spotting off and on. I am very very nervous and scared. This is our first pregnancy and I am unsure of what to think.

Thankyou for reading my post. Please keep me in your thoughts & prayers.
When I had spotting, my dr. told me not to have sex.  That's been 4 weeks ago and we still haven't gotten the okay to have sex again b/c I have spotted off and on since.
I had spotting my last pregnancy for two weeks on and off and it ended in a m/c.  I am now pregnant again and had spotting at weeks 7, 16 and 20.  I am 20wks 4days.  All of my spotting has happend after sex or exercising and although my dr says that neither of those can cause a m/c we refrain from sex if I have any spotting and i keep exercise to walking only.  This is only for my own peace of mind.  I know women can run marathons in their 5th month, but i will just take it easy and have this baby!!!  best wishes
i had spotting at 5 weeks or so...turned out that it was just the implantation bleed.  I am now 18 weeks preggo and all is fine minus recent er visit for pains that i was sure was BH contractions but really they said i was just dehydrated.  think positive and dont stess....although i know that it is easier said then done.  i had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy.  think positive and seek positive people and all will hopefully go well.  
I had some spotting around 6-7 weeks. It was nothing, so the Dr's say. WHen you excercise early on sometimes you may spot. And also your cervix is very sensitive due to all the circulation and your cervix swelling a little. Sometimes if you have a yeast infection you spot, and since you said you were itching that's what it may have been. I would call your Dr. if it contiunes because you don't want an infection in pregnancy, but I think you're just fine, it was probably from scratching! Good luck and God Bless!!
Maybe this is silly, but is sex even safe?  Now I'm scared to do that or exercise!
Hello Hello Everyone

Well, as you all know, it hsa been a very nerve racking week for me and my DH.  Due to the U/S from last week only showing a ges sac that was empty and to me spotting all week long.  I was supposed to be 6w2d at the U/S.

Today, I had my second U/S and I have a healthy baby!  I was actually only 5w2d last week and today I am 6w2d!  We saw everyting, the ges sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and our little blessing from above has a heartbeat of 131bpm.  The new due date is 12/11/06!

The ultrasound tech said everything looks really good.  I have another appt next Thursday with my obgyn.  We are both very excited.  It is much welcomed, specially after a week of people saying you might be having a miscarriage, etc.

It just proves that miracles can happen and that sometimes you aren't as far along as they think you are!

Thank-you all for your many thoughts and prayers.  Baby dust to you all!

Love,
J'Nell
Hello, I am in need of some help. From conception date I am about 5 weeks. For the last 2 weeks I have been spotting brown almost every day. It is mostly when I wipe. Although I see a little bit of brown stuff fall in the toliet. I had gone to the ER on Sat and they did my Hcg levels it was 18145. I did a follow up Monday and it had gone to 26984 which did not double. I don't know what to do or think. My appt is not till next Wed. I have no cramps or pain which when I mc a few years ago it was like similar to labor pains. That time I had gone to the ER 3 times and my levels had gone up only to give false hope. I know everyone is different and there isn't much you can do is what I keep hearing from the doctors. Has anyone had this going on I need some advice.-Thank you much