Maternal & Child Community
Spotting at 8 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting at 8 weeks

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I was scanning all the postings and found a lot of useful information so I figured I'd ask some questions myself.  I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy, so everything is new to me. All the little pains here and there, breast soreness and constipation. I had spotting during plantation time and my midwife said that's normal.  I've had some spotting and cramping yesterday which freaked me out.  The spotting has not turned into a full bleed, and that cramping seemed to go away after I had a BM.  I read that some women will spot and bleed a little during pregancy around the time that their next period would have come.  I'm hoping that this spotting is just that.  I have not yet had an u/s because my midwife says 10-12 weeks is the best time to really see anything.
Of course a miscarriage is on my mind. I'm trying to think positive, but it just seems impossible when it's the only thing on my mind.  I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced spotting around the time of a next period?
I had some spotting at 9 or 10 weeks and so I went in and we heard the hb.  I am currently 33w6d and all is well.  Try not to worry (I know, easier said than done).
Ok, I have a question about discharge, and I am going to be graphic, sorry if I gross you out. I went to the bathroom a little while ago, I had noticed in the toilet a small glob of white discharge, and when I looked down at my private I had a huge globby thing of white discharge hanging, it was alot and it disturbed me.  I know people get increased discharge when PG but come on... Has anyone else had this? Sorry I am grossing you out :) Jana
How far along are you?
Julie,
I had lots of spotting during my first months.  If you're scared then don't wait another month, no matter what your midwife says.  I would go and see a doctor to see what's going on.  If you're 8 weeks, they should possibly see a heartbeat.
Jana,
I know what you're talking about. I just had one of those hanging things the other day, it wasn't pretty.  I felt like I was in the movie "Alien".  What the hell's coming out of me?  I think it's just normal mucous though.
I am 8w2d LMP so 6 weeks gestation, I love saying that LOL.....This is my 3rd, and I dont recall that heavy of a discharge with either of my kiddos....oh so gross! LMAO it is kinda like alien huh? I always thought when I could feel them moving or see my belly moving it was like alien! Jana
I tried to post and it errored so here goes again.... I was saying I am 8w2d LMP so 6 weeks gestation. And I blabbed about the alien feelings LOL but dont feel like typing it again :) and this is my 3rd and never had that much discharge with the other 2.  ummm what else did I type? LOL ummm, I forgot, so I guess I will go lol...Jana
hey i know stressful this is for you. listen I'm jsut now 12 weeks and ihave already had 5 0r 6 ultrasounds. And you can see plenty... tell her to give you an u/s. let her know... you want one. I agree that before 7 weeks,, it's early and if they dont see anything you'll jsut get stressed out more. But if your 7 weeks or beyond... make her do one. i't only takes a few minutes and it will relieve alot of stress for you. trust me. Hope
Thanks so much for all your advice.  I'm making an appt. for an u/s!!!..Thanks again
I was spotting with me last one at 12 weeks, called the doctor and he said don't worry unless it gets heavy.  It still freaked me out, so I went on to the hospital anyway.  When I got there they did a transvaginal ultrasound.  The ultrasound revealed that there was no baby (blighted ovum).  I'm not trying to scare you but I definitely think you should get it checked out, the sooner the better.  GOOD LUCK!

As for that discharge thing, I had that the other day.  I am currently 11 weeks.  I called the doctor, and he said that was normal, so I wouldn't worry about it.  

i also have been having spotting it is crazy if you get a chance read my posting in the open forum for today any info would probably set my mind at ease.......thank you
julie522: One of the best ways to find out if you are miscarrying is to have your HCG levels checked and see if they are dropping.  That is what happened to me when I miscarried at 6 weeks.  I had an u/s done at 7 weeks and the doctor could tell that I had miscarried so you don't have to wait til 10 - 12 weeks.   Good luck!
I am currently 11 wks.  Had a scare last week..started bleeding .  I went and had an ultrasound and found that my baby was fine.  I heard the heartbeat 163 bpm!!!!  They found another sac that was empty.  They called it a blighted twin.  My doctor told me that was why I am bleeding.  It shouldn't cause harm to the single pregnancy I have.  I was relieved.  They told me that if I am bleeding more than a pad an hour, to call the doctor immediately.  It is very light...but, I wonder when it will it will absorb or flush out?
I am just 8 weeks, and I started mild pink spotting this morning, freaked me out also...checking the calendar, I would have been due for my next period today as well...
Hi after a misscariage last july i am now 6 weeks pregnant again! we r thrilled but very scared!! had some bleeding few days ago not heavy!it started off like a light period then the next day just with the wipe and now its completely stopped! Doc says not to go for u/s cos i wont b able to c a h/b yet and that would worry me even more!we r so worried! we keep praying and hopeing for the best!
I am now on baby number 3. Congratulations to you all.

I had spotting in my first 2 babies around this time. I went for a scan and they put my mind at ease. everything was fine!! :-) they are now 5 and 3.

So it could be nothing.
UTI's also cause pink spotting/discharge so get your doc to check for a water infection.

I am now 8 weeksLMP 6 weeks gestational. I have the same spotting. unfortunatly this time it is causeing me worry because i went for a scan on monday due to a fall and they have told me that my yolk sac is faint and that the gestational sac is an irregular shape. This fingers crossed is all down to it just being to small for them to see properly.

My fingers and toes are crossed,

Talk to your local Epas at the hospital they will be able to advise you.
xxxxx