Maternal & Child Community
Spotting before my period is DUE seccond day but really light

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i was just wondering the chance being pregnant if i am spotting before my period is due?  how long after spotting do i wait to test and could i get an answer from a blood test if i am pregnant about 12 days before my period is due?

If you are 12 days before AF is due then this could be implantation bleeding.
i don't know ow lond, i have never had implantation bleeding, but have read lots of people do.
is this normal? how long should bleading last. and when can i test
I started spotting a week and about two weeks before my period was due and now I am 31 wks pregnant  They call it implantation bleeding. If that's what it is, it should only last a few days or more. I took my test a few days before i was suppose to get my period and it was possitive. I hope that helps.
12 days before AF is due, which is only 2 dpo seems very soon for implantation. The earliest I ever had it was 3-4 dpo. You might be experiencing ovulation spotting, as some women do get it time to time. If it was indeed implantation bleeding, you should get a BFP real soon!
Implantation bleeding usually occurs about the same time you would be expecting AF.  If AF is still 12 days away, then I wouldn't think you are experiencing implantation bleeding.  I suppose anything is possible though.  Spotting can be caused for so many reasons. I started having premenstrual spotting when we were TTC and it was horrible.  Worse, was that I could not get my GYN to take me seriously.  I still don't know why it was happening.  Anyway, wait until you are late for AF to take a HPT.  If you wait that long you are more likely to get an accurate result.  BTW, if the spotting continues each month then you may want to see your GYN just to make sure there's not any problems.
  I am trying to get P and I am 12 days till my period & I started light spotting yesterday.  Could this be implantation bleeding?  I have a 3 1/2 year old, but a miscarriage jan. 07.  So I am really nervoue to get p again?  Does anyone hav any thoughts??
i have been preg 4 times now but due to comp i had never gone past 12 wks til now,
Each time i fell preg i knew because i had early spotting by a few days. I am now preg with a 21wk healthy boy.
I started very lightly spotting tonight also...however, I had a D and C on June 19th b/c of m/c and still haven't had my AF....7 weeks and waiting.  I thought maybe I was getting it but the bleeding stopped...so I'm not sure what's going on???  I thought about implantation bleeding also...my dh and I had sex last fri and the beginning of this week...we have been using the pull out method...I know not effective...wondering if I could be having implantation bleeding also??? Anybody any ideas??
i am on birth control pills. i have been spotting for 3 days now and my period isnt due for another 2 weeks according to the pill box. im nervous. what coud this mean? i a 20 years old and have been on the pll for 8months. please help!
my period is due in 2 days, i started spotting yesterday its light brown sometimes pink but usually it only shows on my panti liner not when i use the restroom, i took a pregnancy test the early response but it comes out negative could i be pregnant
I'm new here and hoping that someone can give me some advice that I can't seem to find when I search online.  Here's my story:  I’m 23 years old.  I started to take BCP when I was 16 years old.  I’ve been off BCP since February 26, 2008.
I always had a 28 days cycle before I was on the BCP. I was on the BCP for 8 years and always had a cycle of 28 days except for one cycle it was 29 days.  I always started spotting 1-2 days before I started my periods.  I started charting my cycle since January 2008 and this is what it looks like.

This is my 4th cycle charting.

Cycle #1: 28 days, annov. Start charting mid-cycle.  Last month on the BCP.
Cycle #2: 28 days, annov.
Cycle #3: 29 days, Ovulated on CD16, 13 day LP
Cycle #4: 38 days, Ovulated on CD38, and in progress . . . .

My problem is that I started spotting most of the time after ovulation. And when I ovulate and I start my periods it is a length of 13 days I spot 7 days on my cycle #3 and this cycle so for I spotted 4 days.
What can I do to stop the spotting are do you know what it my cause my spotting.

Thanks for your help

Melanie
Girl, I don't know I am having the same problem. I Started spotting a week or two before I started a normal flowing period. It went on as normal and then a week after my period went off I began spotting again. I have been spotting for about 2 weeks now. I don't know whats wrong. I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old and I am praying I am not pregnant again. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your cycle? I am not on any birth control but me and my partner use condoms most of the time except for maybe 1 or two times months ago. Please help, somebody!
i got my tubes tied cut and burned after my son was born in oct06 i have had a few strange periods since then. about for the past 2 months now i have had a strange period. now this month i am due for one in about a week or so and for the past 2 weeks i have been spotting just about daily i am confused and have no idea what could be going on. anyone got any ideas?? i am 31 with 3 kids all sections  
hi only im only 16yrs old and im am very scared i know im young and make mistakes but this might be the biggest one i was suppose to start my period next wensday bt i started today my fiancee wants a baby i do too but im young i cant hurt my mom but i been having back cramps and headaches about two weeks now and i always gag but nothing comes up can someone plz help me?

Im still planning on going to a doctor as
soon as i can but for now i really nead some
answers!
About two weeks ago i had sex twice with
my boyfriend in the one hour. at which
time i was ovulating. I know he put a
condom on both times but we were both
under the influence of alcohol and neither
can remember if the condom broke or
wasnt on right. i had my last period abyout
four weeks ago and i was expecting mine
sometime this week but for the last 2
(almost 3) days i have been getting brown
spots, as ive read its not so heavy that it
comes onto your underwear but i have
been putting a liner on and it goes on that
but its only light still. So basically im worried
i may be pregnant, i dont have any other
signs yet which is why im a bit confused. I
want to have kids but i am way too young.
So can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!
well i just got off my period about a week ago, i started discharging white about 2days ago, then it went to pink then blood... but just spotting not like my period, does anyone kno wat it might mean???

sincerely,
very worried "/