Maternal & Child Community
Spotting instead of period, negative pregnancy test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I began BBT charting last month and my husband and I started TTC.  I ovulated on the 23, then 9 days later started spotting.  I thought this was the beginning of AF B/C it always starts with 1-2 days of spotting.  I was also concerned B/C I thought this might mean my luteal phase might be too short.  I keep feeling like AF is finally here, but when I check there's either nothing, or very light spotting.  I have had a few queasy feelings, am making more trips to the Bthroom, and my husband says my breasts look a bit different.  My temp stayed up about 14 days, finally dropping this morning.  I went ahead and took a preganancy test, it came back negative.  I assumed that since my temp dropped this would be the case, but why have I still not got AF?  Also, can your temp drop and you're still pregnant?
It could be AF.  Periods can vary in length, flow, symptoms, etc.
Thanks for the response.  I considered that it was AF, but if it is this is the first time I've ever had it like this!
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
My first suggestion would be to lose the weight you want to lose because you won't lose it if you get pregnant.  Doctors suggest being off the pill for at least 3 months before trying to conceive, so that should give you some time.  A healthy body is always a good thing.

I would also go buy a fertility book because there is a lot to learn about conceiving, ovulation, luteal phases, basal body temperature, charting, etc. that would be impossible to list here.  Hope this helps.  Some websites that might help are:

www.babycenter.com
www.americanbaby.com
www.mymonthlycycles.com
I'll definatly check out the sites
AF came late yesterday afternoon (hate that!).  Hopefully it was just a wacky cycle, but I spotted a few days last month too.  I go to the GYN next week so maybe they'll have some insight.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not experincing progesterone/luteal problems.  Good luck with your mission this month!
i had the same thing happen at my last cycle. i spotted off and on for 2 weeks then finally got AF for 7 days.....it was awful. i called the dr and they said it was one of those fluke off periods. well i counted from the first day of a normal flow 28 days to see if i would get AF this cycle....sure enough she came with a vengence on the exact right day. hopefully we will concieve (conceive) this month.

so hopefully either you are pregnant and just don't have enough hormone to register on a hpt or it could be one of those wacky cycles. either way i hope you get a BFP asap.

kimmie
i hope it is just one of those weird AF too. i had a break through spotting during my first few cycles after depo. my ob put me on progesterone for 14 days starting day 14 of my cycle. only one month and one round and it fixed it.

good luck to you as well this month...and i hope to see a lot of new pregnant mommies here soon!!!

kimmie
Your comment about progesterone sparked my interest.  I've been looking and some people swear that natural prog. cream is the way to go.  Is this what your Dr had you on?
yes it is and it worked wonders for me....good luck hun.....kimmie
My husband came in me a week before i was supposed to have my period a few days later i started spotting and this continued for about 5 days.  But it wasnt like a period would be for me.  Ive never spotted before.   I took a pregnacy test a week after the spotting began and it was negative.  Could i still be pregnant and its just to early to tell ?