Maternal & Child Community
Spotting only a few days after ovulation/pregnant maybe?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Spotting only a few days after ovulation/pregnant maybe?

DH and I had sex on my 9th day of cycle and also 12th day. Today is day 14 and I started light cramping this am and had very,very faint spotting.. I never spot between periods. Is this too soon for implantation bleeding? my cycles vary from 26 to 45 days, basically all over the place. but never day 14. Also boobs seem bigger,barely sore and i have a faint metallic taste in my mouth. I have a gyne appt on Monday,will she be able to tell this early on? Thanks guys
Related Discussions
15 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It could be implantation spotting. If you Ovulated around cd9 and today is cd14 that's five days, so it very well could be possible that it's implantation spotting. Do you know when you Ovulated?
Blank
Nope,I don't. Sorry, it's just weird,light,faint cramping that was a little more intense this morning, but nothing big at all. And then extremely faint blood..tinges,not even spots,but little brownish discharge on underpants.
Blank
131073_tn?1252454452
This could also be a sign of ovulation. If your cylces are as spead apart as 26-45 days, there is absolutely no telling. Your doc could possible do a blood test at your appt, but I think it is still too early.
Blank
I'm pretty sure I ovulated already,my discharge was the perfect consistency on the 9th...it was still good on the 12th but there was an abundance of white creamy discharge that I only noticed on my husband when he pulled out. it wasn't noticable to me anyway. It seems like that discharge if way up there,although I noticed a mucousy white glop yesterday when I wiped. Sorry for being gross!
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I tend to agree with greenpixie and newlywed.  Your timing is better for ovulation cramps than for implantation cramps.  When I got pg, my implantation was not until many days after ovulation.  The kind of mucous you are looking for to indicate ovulation is clear, like (uncooked) eggwhite, not creamy white.  Good luck with your ttc!
Blank
You guys are probably right. It was eggwhite and clear on day 9 though, did I mention that :) .. ok,well we got some sperm in there 2 days ago.. so who knows? my boobs are kind of sore too which doesn't usually start till after ovulation. In fact it depressed me yesterday because I thought I must have completely missed the window. I'll keep everyone posted though. I've never had such intense ovulation cramps, (I knew I was going to see blood when i went to the bathroom), or really any that i remember. I usually get a brief, light stabbing pain that last about 30 seconds, which has come to mean ovulation for me.But I've never been pregnant, so I will go with your advice. I am totally jumping the gun though, I realize that, I'm sure that gets kind annoying..
Blank
oh, does that mean the potential for twins? They run in my family, the fraternal variety any way. Listen to me.. ok, I gotta get DH to bed when I get home.. ha-ha
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Well, the good news is that you probably are covered this month and didn't miss the window.  Who knows, intense ovulation cramping might mean you spit out more than one egg this month, which would be super for your chances.  Annie
Blank
I know that with my last pregnancy I had terrible cramping a few days after I ovulated.  Way too soon to tell anything, but I was pregnant.  Hopefully you found the window, good luck!
Blank
I'd be more inclined ot beleive it's O spotting and cramps than implantation.  Typically, implantation occurs between 5-12 DPO.
Blank
day 9 was 5 days ago if my math is correct. and my cycles aren't often 45 days long, usually right around 25 to 32 days.. I was just trying to be as accurate as possible. anyway i know it's way too early,just excited, never seen any blood this early my cycle before.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If you were to pop out two eggs in a given month, it would increase your odds of at least one "taking."  No guarantees on both. :)
Blank
I had sex during ovulation and a day later I started spotting brown pinkish blood can I be preagnet?
Blank
I had sex when I was ovulating then I started spotting 7 days later... Then my period was a week late, but it came... I'm confused because I'm still experiencing pregnancy symptoms but my period seems normal...
Blank
Woozy - what happened? Were you pregnant? This same thing happened to me this month. I started bleeding right after I thought I ovulated. Light and brown. I also had cramping. I'm wondering what's going on and if I'm possibly pregnant? I miscarried two months ago and have had one full period cycle inbetween.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...