Maternal & Child Community
Spotting throughout Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting throughout Pregnancy

I have been spotting on and off since I found out that I was pregnant (been taking progesterone suppositories). At 10 weeks I had a heavy bleed and even passed clots due to a subchorionic hemorhage which eventually resolved itself after a week of bedrest. I am currently 13.4 weeks pregnant (due July 9th) and still spot on an off (more on than off). I've had several ultrasounds and the baby is fine with a good heartrate. I just don't feel this is normal but everything is fine with the baby so it kinda makes me nervous (human nature I guess).  I have not been able to really get excited for fear that something might happen.  I have another d/a next Wednesday so I guess I'll be patient.  For reassurance, I was just wanting to hear stories of those who spotted during pregnancy and went on to deliver a healthy baby.  Thanks in advance, ladies!!
I had spotting throughout my first PG, they were sick of me in the ER lol but all was fine my ds is now 11 and healthy. I know its hard not to worry but as long as the baby is fine you have nothing to stress over. I hope this helps a little =) ~dani
I bleed heavily with my son.  I too had a subchorionic hemorrage and would bleed anytime I stood up and was on bed rest most of the pregnancy.  He is a healthy 8 year old now..  all will be okay/  but you need to rest..
I had spotting throughout most of the first 15 weeks of pregnancy.  More on then off. Everytime getting it checked to be sure eveyrthing was ok.  I too had many ultrasounds due to these complications.  I am now almost 23 weeks and the spotting has stopped for about the last 8 weeks but my doctor said it could start again.  No reason for it :(

It is so scary when it happens I used to cry everyday.
What is a subchorionic hemorrhage?
I've been having spotting and bleeding throughout my pregnancy too. I bled heavily at 6weeks, 8weeks & again at 14weeks(even passed clot). I too was diag. with a subchorionic hemorrhage at 14weeks and was told that it was resolving itself. I'm now at 18weeks 4days and the spotting has just stopped these last few days. Just try to hang in there and not worry (I know easier said than done). Keep your faith, believe that God will bless you with the birth of a healthy baby & never stop praying! Love and prayers for you all!
http://www.angelfire.com/home/joeynrobin/subchorionic.hematoma.html

If you go to that site you will learn alot about subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma.