Spotting
I'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone has experienced spotting during the first Trimester. I went in for my first U/S on Monday 1/10/05 (due to the spotting) and based on general calculators was at 6w2d. It only showed the sack and yolk but no Fetal Pole.  

I have another U/S schedueld for next Tuesday but am curious as to anyone elses experience.  This is my first pregnancy, and the spotting concerns me.  I'm 33 years old and wondering if it's my age?

Any suggestions?
First of all, I'm sure your age has nothing to do with the fact you are spotting. It's good you're having another u/s soon-not seeing the fetal pole can be unnerving, and needs to be followed up. Hopefully your Dr is monitoring your hcg too, to make sure it is going up, not down. Spotting can often be no big deal, and sometimes, the bleeding gets worse and leads to mc. Either way, you have zero control over this point, and just have to trust to Mother Nature and your body.
LOTS of women have spotting throughout their pregnancy. I hope it's nothing serious for you, too.
Did the u/s date match up with your dates?

Hang in there-this is a difficult time, but lots of ladies on this board have gone through this too, and I'm sure lots of positive vibes are being sent your way!

Good luck, and keep me posted!
hi i just wanted to try and ease your concerns a little.  i will be 9 weeks (according to U/S) on saturday.  at 6 weeks 1 day (according to U/S) i went to er due to cramping.  they did an U/S and saw everything except the fetal pole.  as she kept looking she said she saw something that had to be the fetal pole but was way too small to measure almost non existent.  she then told me to hold still and she turned on the H/B monitor and we heard a H/B 103 bpm.  it eased my concerns a lot.  
i then went and had my first appt on the 3 of jan and was told that the reason i have slight cramping and almost non existent spotting was because of the leep proceedure that i had because of an abnormal pap.  so now they consider me high risk because some of the inside of my cervix is on the outside and the doc said that thats why i have spotting.
so if youve had that proceedure done that might be a reason to be spotting.  about the U/S not showing the fetal pole dont worry yet.  you are just so early that they cant tell.  im sure everything is ok.  keep us updated.  good luck.
ttcagain
Thanks for the insight.  I had two blood tests to measure hgc levels - two days apart and the level's had doubled so that's good.  The U/S technician didn't wouldn't make a positive comment as to how far along I was but didn't think I was 6w2d judging by the size etc...

Guess I'll know on Tuesday.

Thanks again...
Just a follow up.  I had my second u/s yesterday and a fetal pole was detected (120bpm) :)

Thanks for your comments.  So far so good!
congrats to you.  good luck with your pregnancy.
ttcagain