Maternal & Child Community
Spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Spotting

I'm new here and hoping that someone can give me some advice that I can't seem to find when I search online.  Here's my story:  I’m 23 years old.  I started to take BCP when I was 16 years old.  I’ve been off BCP since February 26, 2008.
I always had a 28 days cycle before I was on the BCP. I was on the BCP for 8 years and always had a cycle of 28 days except for one cycle it was 29 days.  I always started spotting 1-2 days before I started my periods.  I started charting my cycle since January 2008 and this is what it looks like.

This is my 4th cycle charting.

Cycle #1: 28 days, annov. Start charting mid-cycle.  Last month on the BCP.
Cycle #2: 28 days, annov.
Cycle #3: 29 days, Ovulated on CD16, 13 day LP
Cycle #4: 38 days, Ovulated on CD38, and in progress . . . .

My problem is that I started spotting most of the time after ovulation. And when I ovulate and I start my periods it is a length of 13 days I spot 7 days on my cycle #3 and this cycle so for I spotted 4 days.
What can I do to stop the spotting are do you know what it my cause my spotting.

Thanks for your help

Melanie
Hi Melanie,

this sounds like you need to get to your Gynecologist. Explain to her/him your cyles and he will be better able to say. Sorry i can't be of more help. Whenever I have problems like these I go to my Gynecologist to run scans and tests etc to make sure it's not pregnancy or some other problem.

I really hope that everything is OK with you. God Bless!

I forgot to say that we are TTC  #1 (to get pregnant)

Melanie
Hi Melanie,

Well it's possibly pregnancy. If you have taken a pregnancy test and it turned out negative then go to the doctor to order a quantitative HCG Blood test which will be more accurate.

All the best to you.