Spraying Pesticides While Pregnant
How safe is it to have a Pesticide Company come and spray while you are pregnant.  I have ants who have found their way through an electrical outlet from outside somewhere.  Those little Raid bait traps don't put a dent in them.  How safe are the pesticides that they spray?
Same problem...ants!  Had treatment but had to go out for the whole day.
My husband is an exterminator. The stuff they spray your house with is the same as what you can buy otc at a store. just a higher concentration. they do tell you to stay away from it when you are pg...but i cannot get away from it all that much.

They should only spray outside and in your bathrooms and kitchen around the pipes anyway, they should not be going around all of the rooms and spraying on your baseboards..and inside they should really be using dust (or powder) and ant traps.
not spray
HTH
I agree with the above post...  My hubby also is an exterminator and the chemicals they use are supposed to be safe as long as you follow their instructions.  He has actually treated for ants in our house while I was home.  If he is putting down the powder you can remain home.  I would just stay away from the chemical after he is done and you should be fine.  How the powder works is the ants are attracted to it like food they then take it back to their nest and feed it to everyone that is how it kills them it is not a contact killer it has to be ingested.  So I would be careful but don't worry too bad.
Thanks Ladies.  I appreciate all your input.  I know the pesticides can't be too bad since it's used in every place you go.  I'm going to try a couple of the "safe" remedies and see if they work, and if not I'm going to go ahead and call.
Sounds like you had carpenter ants ...probably if they drilled in the walls. They usual special chemicals just for those type of ants. they are much more difficult to get rid of then those little pavement ants and the sugar ants..the really little ones.
Probably why they used stronger chemical and you had to be out of the house.
There are some really nasty things in those pesticides, so be careful. If you call someone out, make sure you let them know your are pregnant and get all the info on the product they use and the safety precautions you need to follow after they treat the area. If they are in your kitchen, you may have to be extra diligent about sealing things up and rewashing the dishes after they are done.

We had an ant issue while I was pg with Tristan, I used a simple spray bottle with white vinegar in it a few times a day and got rid of them. It takes a little more work, but no worries about the yucky stuff. Of course, spraying an electrical outlet wouldn't be the best idea either,lol.

Andi
Hey mama. We had exteriminators start to spray at the end of november 1012. i had no health or issues then that bothered me. the spray continued weekly until nearly christmas when the sprayed and left white powder all over my room. i have had nothing but problems since. i now have mod to severe copd when it was mild in nov, and i can proove it. i now also have heart problems that i never had before. i have been  to the er 3 times since feb. i tried getting the white powder off, it turned yellow, but were still finding it in the room. i am really thinking of sueing the contractor and owner but it's hard to find info. could you give me some feedback. thanks so much