"Squishy Cervix" ?
I'm 28 weeks, and have now been told that my cervix is squishy. What exactly does that mean, I've never heard of them say your cervix is squishy? (TMI SORRY). They said with how things are going I'm looking to be on the fast track to bedrest, and of course the take it easy speech. I have 3 kids, a husband, and 21 credits I'm taking right now when is there time to take it easy? (Had to have a vent sorry).
HMMM? I just remember its suppose to be closed ...ill bump this up for ya and hope you get some answers =)
I would think squishy would mean it's starting to soften.   Maybe Peek, Andi or tmv will know.
Thanks guys for trying to help, I was sort of thinking the softening thing myself but wanted to know if you had heard that before...
Yes, it just means it is soft, which can (not always) be a precursor to labor starting.  You do need to take it easy, or you WILL find yourself on strict bedrest.  With 3 kids, that may be hard.  Lots of times if you have a lot of kids and can't comply with bedrest, they put you in the hospital.

tmv
I agree with Peekawho, you've got to be careful. It could be from the former pregnancies, but you cannot be too careful.
Thanks guys, having someone to talk to makes things easier! Less stressful. :)

They did say that I am on the fast track to hospital bedrest, if things don't slow down. I think I'm just trying to look at it as just because they say I'll go early doesn't make it so, it makes it less scary.