Stored breast milk tastes odd?
Sometimes my expressed milk is fine, but sometimes it acquires a weird taste after just 12-24 hours of refrigerated storage.  I wouldn't call it spoiled tasting, more like goats milk funky.  Other times it stays sweet.  It doesn't have a smell.  I'm scared to give it to my lo, but I have to work hard for every extra ounce, and it breaks my heart to throw it away!  Does anyone know why this is happening?  
it's normal for the smell and taste of bm to change. your lo will not take it if it's spoiled. unfortunately, sometimes they won't take it even if it isn't spoiled. my dd hasn't done that yet, but i also haven't offered her too much freezer milk yet. anyways, my LC said you'll definitely know when it's no longer good, and your baby will refuse it. she also said some people's milk get a kind of soapy smell to it after a little while. again, it's safe for baby, just a question if he or she will take it. i haven't been brave enough to taste my milk, so i can't say if i experience the same thing.

Oh my goodness...I threw out a bunch of milk because of the strong metallic taste. It was so strong, I thought it must be bad. I can't imagine giving something that strong smelling to my son. I tried and he drank it though...then felt bad that I might have given him rotten milk! I searched for "metallic smelling milk" and never found anything! Thanks for posting that bit of advice. I now only regret throwing that milk out.
It's probably because of your diet...your milk is fine.  I just threw mine away if I have doubts.  Hey  the more you nurse and pump the more milk you get.
I think it was just because it had been frozen since July and the properties had changed. It just had such a strong smell (not taste-I didn't taste my milk...something about that really grosses me out) that I threw it. I didn't think Brody would want to drink something that had such a strong smell/taste.
My frozen milk had the same metallic smell and taste. Yes def. different from fresh..but I figured it was cause it was frozen.
Thats to bad you threw it out.
With my first dd, my frozen milk would get a soapy smell to it, but she would still take it.  I have frozen milk now for my baby, but she hasn't had too much of it yet, so I don't know if it smells like that.  The few times she has had frozen milk, my dh had given it to her when I was out.  She doesn't like it too much, but thats not because of the milk, its because she doesn't like taking a bottle!  When the milk is actually spoiled, trust me, you will know!