Maternal & Child Community
Strange Period!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Strange Period!!

My period use to be from the 17 to about the 20 to 21 of each month then it started earlier and earlier it was the 16 then it was the 15 then the 12 and then the 9 this month it started on the 6th and lasted about 3 or 4 days and the bleeding wasn't as heavy as normal and I didn't really have cramps like I usually do. I have never been sexually active and maybe never will be depending on if I get married. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have never had a pap smear and am really shy and don't even like going to the Dr. but I have been having to go lately for some chest and shoulder issues. How important is it for me to get a pap smear? I use a man Dr. there is also a woman Dr. that works there but I don't think having a pap smear by either would make me feel more comfortable. Any ideas on what I should do would be greatly appriciated.