Maternal & Child Community
Strange cramping at 29 wks...concerned. OPEN FORUM if needed.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello everyone.  It's been awhile since i've posted a question.  But I've been around.  I just have a concern.  I'm 29w3d today.  Earlier last week, at work, i started experiencing some slight cramping.  Wasn't too terribly concerned about it.  I figured it was from being on my feet.  I still felt my little girl moving all about.  So i knew she was alright.  But then, on Saturday night i had an episode that concerned me.  I almost went to the ER.  It started with severe heartburn, the turned to nausea..SEVERE nausea.  Almost like my body wanted me to be sick...but wouldn't let me.  Then the pain moved lower into my stomach and turned into a bad cramp....radiated to my back..and went away...the whole process took about 15-20 minutes.   Then i was fine for while.  Then it happened again a little while later.  DH wanted to take me to the ER, but i wasn't sure if i should go or not.  Luckily, it passed after about 2 or 3 of these episodes.  Poor DH stayed up all night checking on me.  A friend of mine said that she has Braxton hicks that filt like that.  But I've had some small contractions that i THOUGHT were braxton hicks earlier in this pg.  So now i'm not sure.  I guess my question is.....Has anyone else experienced this before?  And do they know what it was?  Since it passed, and i haven't experienced it again, i figured it was safe to wait until my Dr. appt on Thursday to see someone about it.  Should i not wait?  She's still very active in there.  So i know she's ok.    

Feel free to use this as an open forum as well.
I think if you are feeling OK you could wait till you go to the Dr. I have had some crazy episodes like you also (I am 24 weeks). I had premature contractions with my DD that started @ 23 weeks so now I am on eggshells with this pregnancy. It may have been something you ate or even anxiety. try to take it easy & relax, If you get it again I would call but otherwise just wait till thurs! Good Luck!
It could be just more Braxton Hicks contractions, now being felt more because the baby is bigger, and possibly shifting positions in a tighter space.  I had a premature-labor check at the hospital because I had a lot of BHs, and one thing they found was that the baby had turned head-down after being breech for a long time.  I think what was going on was that the baby's movement started a big chain of contractions.  That would have been somewhere around the same time as you are now.  I think Thursday is fine to ask the doc, since you're feeling the baby move and all.
I did have the severe nausea and heartbearn...often.  It was so bad...I always had a burning in my throat and chest like my body wanted me to get sick and get sick fast.

I also had strange pains and cramping but the were never so severe to cause me concern...my body hurt all the time sinc eI started growing but it was all fine...I carried to term.

Just need to stay off your feet more now...
Thanks ladies.  I just get overly concerned. I work on my feet all day.  And Sometimes i think i should cut back hours.  But then i think about $$$.  And with the baby coming, i want to save as much as possible.  My DH thinks that the cramps may have been because i worked 3 long days back to back.  And it was just too much for my body.  I got so big so fast, my body is having a hard time adjusting.  I'll mention it to the Dr. on Thursday, just to be safe.  I don't want to take any chances.  I've had complications already with this pregnancy.  Wanna keep this baby safe inside for as long as possible.
Thanks Annie. I never even thought of it that way.  I haven't really had anything like it since.  So, On thursday, i'll mention it.
A friend actually asked me about a similar situation today.  she is 34 weeks and was having mentral like pains yesterday and today.  she called the dr. and the dr. said its normal b/c your body is preparing for labor.  Being 29 weeks, it may be the same for you.  if still concerned, then call your dr.  i know indigestion is a biggie this time in pregnancy- or anytime really.  i just had to run out for gas x tonight b/c there was pain in my middle.  then the tums each night for heartburn.  its endless!
good luck!