Maternal & Child Community
Stressed out emotions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Stressed out emotions

Wanted to check in with all of you similarly situated pregnant women out there!  I must say that my stress levels are quite high with this pregnancy.  My emotional state is quite frayed and I get aggitated and tearful quite easy.  Basically feeling like I'm riding the proverbial emotional rollercoaster most of the time.  Just curious how the rest of you are doing and what you do to combat the stress and emotional upheavals.  Jenni
I'm right there with ya! Stressed all the time. Each time I hear the h/b I think, "now I'll relax and believe". That lasts for about a week and I start stressing again. There is no secret cure for stressing, I just tell myself that I got through another day with everything being the same and that's a good thing. I take my prometrim, baby aspirin and prenatal vitamin and I'm doing everything I can do. I pray to god that I get to have this baby. You are a week behind me right? So you have made it far too. We just have to trust that it's our turn now. I think we'll be fine. Tresa is doing well! I have my appt. this afternoon, and you are 12 weeks next week, right? They say things happen in 3's. There you go. Hang on, it'll be okay.
Debra :o)
Yes, but this is making me nuts!  Being pg has wacked my emotions as it is!  And, I think the prometrium also exacerbates things.  The hb was 188 yesterday, so now I find myself looking to see what's too high!  Uggg!  Are you making your dh crazy too?  Mine is stressed with this pg too, the bleeding two times now has just set us both on edge.  Jenni
I haven't bled, so when I freak out, my dh tells me I have nothing tangible to worry about and he isn't worried, so he just shrugs it off to emotional scars from the m/c. My last h/b was 177 and I did the same thing! Freaked out that it was too high. But I found a website that said the h/b will increase with movement. I don't know about you, but with my last u/s, I could see the baby moving. I attributed the increase to that. Yours was probably moving and that's why it was high. Better high than low is what I think. And yes, I cry at commercials. I'm hoping all this will simmer down now that I'm close to the 2nd trimester, but who knows. This forum is so helpful and I think a big part of how I stay calm.
I am also experiencing the same feelings of stress, anxiety , and fear.  I am usually a person who thinks with her mind and not her emotions.  I have not thought with my mind in several weeks I also cry over every little thing even those things that are happy I cry.  I have two other children I never experienced this with them at least not to this extreme.  If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way I could use the advice thanks.
You just proved what I read. You said the baby was doing flips! There is your movement. H/b is fine! My sister bled through her pregnancy with my niece, off and on and she is a perfect 2 1/2 yr. old. I know it's hard to believe it's gonna happen, but I think it will.
Debra :o)
I had bleeding AGAIN this past weekend, red this time, but only for a few hours. So, it was back to the dr yesterday, I am 11 weeks 1 day today. The u/s was fine (hb 188) and the little one is so cute! Was stretching its arms and legs, rolling over, standing on its head and generally giving me pretty good kicks (which I will look forward to in a couple of weeks). I would guess that in a couple of weeks I'll be worrying about how much movement there is so the worry will change!

The dr said that some women have intermittent bleeding and continued the pelvic rest until further notice . . . With all of this DRAMA, it is hard to concentrate on my work.  I think the stress is there with any pg, but the complications just add to it.  Jenni
I can relate to you, woke up in the middle of the nite and couldn't get back to sleep.  Not this anxious with my little girl, but am now.  I'm older and have had 3 m/c this year, which adds.  And, we've had 2 bleeding incidents already.  Then add a good dose of pg hormones and I am a stressed out girl!  I am trying to rest more, and go to movies and things to distract myself.  Works sometimes!  Jenni
I am older now also,  our oldest is almost eight and our youngest is going to be four on Thanksgiving Day so I have a few year gap between both my boys and now this one.  I am also a high risk pregnancy I had our first son six wks. early but our second son came only two days before his due date.  My body just doesn't like to be pregnant.  I started to contract and dialate at 25 weeks with Brian and 27 weeks with Matthew.  They were able to stop the labor with Matthew that is why I held out for so long.  They weren't unable to stop the labor with Brian.  I think that is where most of my fear lies what if they can't stop it this time amd we aren't as lucky as we have been in the past.  I just pray everyday that it will all work out.  Best of luck to all of you.