Stuffed up nose
Hey ladies. Just a quick question. Brooklynn has not been feeling all that well that last couple of days. I have been giving her Tylenol to help her thorugh, however she is really stuffed up. She has a hard time breathing because her nose is so stuffed up. Is there anything I can give her for this? She is a little over 3 months old.

Thanks in advance.

xoxoxox,
Danielle
call your doctor and ask him how to make the saline drops. i cannot remember how to do it but they help alot.they do sell saline drops in the drug store too.hope that helps.
I used saline drops (little noses or Ayr) when DD's nose was stuffed.  It helps a great deal.  I hope your little one's feeling better.  I hate this time when the winter's almost over but the spring isn't really here yet.  DD's also sick and now I"m scared for my newborn :(  Sorry, a little venting there.  Anyway, try to use the drops.  Good luck.
You can buy saline drops at the drug store and even the supermarket.  There is something called Little Noses that is for kids and works great.  Saline is safe for babies.  You may also want to get a cool mist humidifier...it keeps moisture in the air and helps thin her mucus.  And of course suctioning her is important.

May I ask why you are giving her Tylenol?  It won't help with a stuffy nose...does she have a fever?  My ped has me call for a rectal temp of 100.4 and over...but doesn't always have me treat with Tylenol unless it were to get very high (in which case a baby this young would have to be seen right away).  Fever is the body's way of fighting the virus and if it is only slightly elevated, sometimes it is best to let the body have at it...BUT ALWAYS check with your pediatrician to go over all the symptoms to make sure nothing more serious is going on.

Hope she feels better soon.
The Tylenol is really for her teething. She has 2 teeth coming in on the bottom and 1 on the top. Of course I checked with her pediatrician before I gave her the Tylenol and they said it was fine. She does have a small fever but I don't know if it is related to her teething or her cold.

I have the saline drops but they don't seem to do anything for her but make her mad. lol
I'm so impressed -- teeth coming in at just over 3 months!  Mine is a few days from 3 mths and I keep trying to explain the excess drool on teething...but so far no sign of the pearly whites!

BTW, I was not "scolding" you on the Tylenol, but rather just trying to say it might mask a "true" fever and/or other symptoms...and wouldn't help w/ a stuffy nose.

I would keep doing the saline and try a humidifier (or even a steamy bathroom)...they breathe through their little noses so it's not fun when they're stuffy.

Hope she feels better soon.
lol, I didn't think you were scolding me. I didn't take it that way at all. I should have put in there that I was giving her the Tylenol for her teeth not her stuffy nose. :-)
my son was a drool machine at 3 months old and i explained it away as teething also, for months! he didn't get his first tooth until 7 months alhtough the symptoms persisted the ENTIRE time. crazy!