Maternal & Child Community
Successful Pregnancy after Multiple Miscarriages?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Has anyone suffered multiple miscarriages and then gone on to have a successful pregnancy without having any tests or taking any meds?  I have had 2 miscarriages and my doctor refuses to do any testing until after the third loss.  He has also told me that he won't perscribe any progesterone, baby aspirin, etc until after a third loss because he still thinks that the 2 previous m/c could just be a fluke.  I am terrified to try again because I just feel like it will end in m/c and I am so angry at my doctor for not doing anything to help me...I can't even get a second opinion because I live in a small town with only one medical clinic.  I guess I am looking for success stories from women who have been in the same situationa and have gone on to have a successful pregnancy without any medical assistance.  Thanks ladies in Advance.
I've had 2 m/c. One straight after another. My last m/c ended in a d&c. I waited 2 months then brought a OPK kit. Fell pregnant in the first month of trying. I'm now 15w5d pregnant. Had 2 u/s following bledding and cramping but all is fine. My beautiful baby is going well with a strong heartbeat. So it can happen. Sometimes your body just need a test trial or two before going for the real thing. Good luck darl, I hope all goes well.
I say go to another doctor, many docs won't do much until after 3 losses, But I say that ****!@!! At least they can test your hormone levels, it took me 4 losses b/f they decided to check mine, all it was was low progesterone..God bless and good luck...p.s there is doctors who will do the testing for you, I'd get a 2nd opinion
I had to miscarriages back to back.  My first was in 3/05 at 11w4d.  I was given the ok after three cycles to try again and had another miscarriage in 7/05 at 5w.  My doctor didn't test, but I do have thryoid disease so he put me back on my PTU and I conceived again in 9/05 and gave birth to my DS in 6/06.  I think mine had to do with my thyroid.

IF I were you, I would see about finding another doctor.  Is he the only one in your clinic?  That would seem odd.  I know it is frustrating.  How close are you to the next neighboring town?  Could they test for you?  It would put your mind at ease if you could just do some simple testing.  I wish you the best of luck and hope that good news come to you soon.  Take care!
You could always get some progesterone cream at GNC. I've seen a couple of posters on here who took their fertility into their own hands and when and got some of that. You could also go out and buy baby aspirin and take it along with taking prenatal vitamins. I had a miscarriage on November 16th and I am now 8 weeks pregnant again. I kept taking my prenatal vitamins and took one 81 mg of baby aspirin and still am. Things seem to be going well. Good luck to you!
What is the benefit of the baby aspirin??  I know about the imoportance of prenatal vitamins and have experience with the progesterone cream myself...but not the baby aspirin.  Please explain.
Oh i had 2 m/c and in the process of using progesterone cream I got from GNC called Femgest and using that twice a day.  I'm excited about having my own bundle of job, but I'm waiting very patiently.  Everything happens in God's own time.  So now success story yet...now what's with the baby aspirin?  What does it exactly do?
I've also had 2 miscarriages recently, one back in feb of 2005, which I passed naturally, and the second last april (I had a d&c on the 26th).  I'm not sure how far along I was for the first one, but I was about 10 weeks for the last one.  I am now 22 weeks along (due May 14th), and I didn't use any kind of medications, or get tested to see why I miscarried.  Everything is going fairly well so far with this pregnancy, although I don't seem to have a huge appetite, and I haven't gained much weight.
I hope this helps you. I am on my 9th Pregnancy but I have 3 live boys and now I am currently pregnant with a little girl 27 weeks along. I have 3 MC before my first son was born.
I'm sorry for your losses.  My first pregnancy, I went to the doctor at a little over 8 wks and I heard my babies heart beat.  Five days later, I miscarried.  I was devistated.  Two months later, I conceived, and 9 months later I delivered a beautiful, healthy baby boy.  Recently, I had my second miscarriage.  I was 9 weeks and bleeding.  I notified the oncall doctor and he put me on progesterone 100mg pills.  He thought I might have luteal phase defect with my pregnancy history of miscarrying 5 days after hearing a strong heart beat.  The doctor said it wouldn't hurt to try.  He said if the progesterone helped then I might have Luteal phase defect, but if I miscarried there was some sort of chromosomal defects.  I don't think that's my problem, but it may be yours.  Luteal phase defect has something to do with your ovaries not producing enough progesterone.  They can test this by drawing your blood near or after the time you are supposed to ovulate.  I forget which.  If your doctor is unwilling to help you in this matter, go to a different town and find a new one.  This is so much easier than putting you through the agony of a 3rd miscarriage if you do have luteal phase defect!  I wish you the best of luck!
I had 3 mcs before my son and am miscarrying for the fourth time as I write this.  I took 81mg of aspirin from 6weeks with my son...also 200mg prometrium 2x per day.  I got the same song and dance after one and two.  I know exactly how you feel.  I would look for a new doctor who is not a jerk.  It won't hurt anything to check for clotting factors etc...although I only test pos for anti-cardiolipin antibody while pregnant.

Sorry to hear of your problems.
Sorry for your losses. I had two mc's between my first and second son. My second son was a healthy and fairly uneventful pregnancy. I did take baby asprin though before concieving and during the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy, it wasn't prescribed, I just bought it over the counter, my midwife said it couldn't do any harm and may be helpful.
i am so sorry for all of your losses.  were you on aspirin and prometrium w/ this m/c?  What does the baby aspirin do?  I am also w/ 2 m/c and wanting to get pregnant again but my dr will do nothing unless i would m/c again.  i do have a 1yr old son.  I really dont want to go through a m/c again....how far along were you w/ this m/c and what was your dr doing for you???  How old are you too??  I am 37 and I know it isn't old..but it isnt young either. :(
I had two miscarriages (12/06 and 5/07).  I just called a fertility specialist on my own & they ran all sorts of tests (I'm also 38 and was very worried).  Basically, they put me on one baby aspirin and I'm pregnant again.  Not very far along but VERY nervous.  Had an ultrasound today & there was a heartbeat.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just call someone else on your own...a doc that specializes in fertility so they can get the ball rolling.
I'M SORRY TO HEAR WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH BUT DONT GIVE UP! I HAVE BEEN PREGNANT 5 TIMES I HAVE 2 CHILDREN, I HAD A GIRL THEN 3 MCS WE WENT FOR TESTING AND TRIED STRAIGHT AWAY, BEFORE WE GOT OUR RESULTS I WAS EXPECTING AGAIN EVERYTHING WENT WELL AND I HAD A HEALTHY BABY BOY, I STILL HAVENT FOUND OUT WHY I MISCARRIED 3 TIMES IN 2 YRS BUT THE TWO I HAVE ARE BOTH HEALTHY KIDS, & I HAD NICE EASY BIRTHS THATS ALWAYS A BONUS. GOOD LUCK !!!
Hi,i am taking 75 mg aspirin daily and was on progesterone pessarys until 12 weeks as i had 2 missed miscarriages,i am now 34 weeks pregnant,heres an article i found which explains about the aspirin,hope it helps.

Miscarriage Causes - Antiphospholipid Antibodies

Miscarriage causes are still not well understood. While Internet research reveals a number of treatments and speculated causes, the sad fact is that few courses of treatment have been conclusively proven to prevent miscarriages. Controversy surrounds even the most common treatments, such as prescribing progesterone supplements in early pregnancy. Antiphospholipid antibodies, however, are one of the few things that most accept as a proven miscarriage cause.

What are antiphospholipid antibodies?

Antiphosphopid syndrome, or APS, is an autoimmune problem in which specific antibodies attack substances in the blood, making a person more prone to blood clots. The medical details of the syndrome are far too complicated to go into in depth here, not to mention being out of range for my own level of expertise, but interested readers can learn more about the physiological aspects by reading this article on eMedicine.com.

As far as miscarriage, these antibodies have been positively linked with miscarriage by a number of studies. MedicineNet has an abstract available of one such study from 1997 that showed a drastic improvement in the live birth rate when women with antiphospholipid syndrome received treatment.

How do I know if I have antiphospholipid syndrome?

APS does not have any definite symptoms that will let you know if you are at risk. Recurrent pregnancy losses are often one of the first signs of a problem. (The thinking is that very small blood clots circulating in the body will get stuck in the placenta and block the baby from receiving vital nutrients.) Because no real indications exist that would suggest APS, doctors routinely run tests for the antibodies as a part of a routine miscarriage workup. If you see anticardiolipin antibodies or lupus anticoagulant antibodies on your lab form, your doctor is checking for antiphospholipid syndrome.

Be aware, however, that many times antiphospholipid antibodies can be transient in the body. They may be present at one blood test and then absent at the next. For this reason, some doctors will not diagnose antiphospholipid syndrome unless two blood tests turn up positive with an interval of a few weeks or months. Others will treat a woman for APS with just a single positive blood test.

How do doctors treat antiphospholipid syndrome?

The accepted treatment for APS, as described in the above MedicineNet link, is to take low-dose aspirin and heparin injections throughout the pregnancy. This treatment has been shown to lift the live birth rate of women with APS up into the same range as women without it. Some doctors prescribe low-dose aspirin only, particularly in cases that they're not sure whether a woman really has APS or not. Heparin treatment is unpleasant and expensive, and carries some risks, so many avoid prescribing it unless evidence suggests a clear benefit.

Conclusion

APS is an easily treatable and easily detectable cause of miscarriage. Estimates suggest that 15% of women with recurrent losses have APS, and that the treatment may drastically improve pregnancy outcomes. Women with two or more losses should probably consider asking for the blood test to check for APS.  
To:

Thank you for your stories of success. I am now recovering from my 3rd miscarriage. My first 2 were blighted ovum’s so I went to an RE and it was discovered that I have a blood clotting disorder.  I had never gotten to see a baby on that screen. Just empty sacs. This time around I was on heparin twice a day, progesterone 3 times a day, 2 baby asp once a day, and folic acid 3 times a day.  We finally saw a baby with a nice strong heartbeat at 7 weeks 2 days measuring perfectly.  I had no symptoms of miscarriage nothing.  I though this was our keeper.  Then at 11 weeks I went in for an ultrasound only to discover that the baby had died at 8 weeks 3 days. I was and am still heartbroken. I can't believe it. I really thought this was our little keeper.  The good news is that something we did worked because we finally finally had a baby in there this time instead of an empty sac so now we are left waiting to results. I had a D&C on Halloween and the doc is going to test the baby. He thinks this time it was chromosomal and that we did everything right. The baby just didn't stand a chance but we will know for sure in a bout a month.  I have a follow up appt on Wed from my D&C and I guess we will try to figure out where to go from here. I hope and pray that our next pregnancy is our keeper. I still can't believe my little baby is gone. I really thought he/she was going to make it I really did.  I feel so empty inside. Like a part of me is missing.  Congrats to all of those who have been successful and my sympathies to those of you in my position as well.  A few quotes come to mind when I think of all that I have been through and I hope they help you keep going like they do with me. "I believe you can keep going long after you think you can't” and “My fear of miscarriage doesn't outweigh my desire to be a mother and to have a baby."  I thin of those quotes every time I feel like giving up.  I WILL succeed in my goal and give birth to a baby.  I am that determined to succeed and overcome this obstacle.  I WILL survive this and accomplish my goal of being a mother and giving birth to a child I can finally call my own.    
I am so sorry for your loss.  There is hope, though.  I've personally had 10 m/cs and it looks like this preg is finally a keeper (I'm 11w2d).  It has been a tough road, and I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but I just knew if I kept trying it would happen.

All my tests came back normal.

Best of luck to you.  Hang in there.  It will happen.
I have had 2 miscarriages in between 2 successful pregnancies.  The last one 3 years ago.  Now, at 39, and one ovary missing, I am surprisingly pregnant and am now 20 weeks.  Don't give  up.  You just never know what is going to happen.
Hi I am in the same boat and my heart goes out to you.  I have just had mu 4th MC.  We had a healthy baby between the 1st and the 2nd.  The 2nd was in 8/06, the third in 3/07 and the fourth was on 10/16 at 10.5 weeks.  I am a L&D nurse and had a feeling something wasn't right.  I had seen a nice heartbeat at 6 and 7 weeks, my levels were sky high, I was on progesterone and folic acid and maybe should have been taking baby aspirin.  Anyway, I ultrasounded myself at work on the morning of 10/16 and the heartbeat was gone.  Since I had been seeing both my OB and a fertility specialist, after work they both confirmed that we had lost her.  Had a D&C that night and she was sent for genetics (thats how we know her gender).  All came back normal.  Every test that the fertility specialist had done was normal also, except a minor clotting disorder treated with high doses of folic acis and They did discover that I was hypothyroid and am on synthroid for that.  I dont understand and am at a loss.  I would like to try again, but the physical and emotional toll on myself and my family increases with each loss. I am finding it hard to bouceback this time.  Seeing how determined you are is helpful.  Keep theFaith.
I've had 3 miscarriages and am now 9 wks with twins, that so far are perfect. But, that's because I had testing done, did a lot of research myself and pushed for what I needed. It seems to be working.

I really think that testing needs to be an option after even 2 miscarriages. These are babies that could be saved if a few blood tests are done, as a want to be mom, it seems ridiculous to have to lose more. Especially when you are young and healthy, it's not that common to have even 2 in a row. I was 23 when I started miscarrying. I just would not take that they were flukes. There is usually some sort of an issue that needs to be resolved before you can have a healthy pregnancy. Just my opinion though! I hate miscarrying, I don't want to do it again and want to give it the best chance possible. But I know it's hard to pay for it and work out insurance before 3. It's annoying! Good luck...
i just had my 3rd m/c today at 19 wks5days.  I'm going for testing asap.  I need to know from anyone who's had testing done, what types of results were they given?  Reason I'm asking is so I know what to look out for if anything, as I'm so afraid.  I have a feeling it might be chromosome abnormalities, but everywhere I've researched, there seems to be no treatment for that.

Any advice and insight would be great.
Your story sounds just like mine.  I have now lost my 4th baby.  On Oct. 15th we had an u.s and the heart rate was 167 bpm. Everything was fine.  I was tested for everthing under the sun, I think, after my 3rd m/c and found to have the MTHFR mutation.  It is a clotting disorder.  The doctor said that as soon as I became pregnant again to start Heparin injections in my belly 2 x a day.  I also was taking a prenatal vitamin called Vinate GT, a b-complex, b-12 vitamin, and 1 B-12 injection once a week.  On Oct. 30 I noticed that some of the progesterone I had been inserting was coming out in the toilet.  It appeared to be mixed w/ old blood.  I called the office on the Sat. before and the doctor on call told me that this was a normal reaction the the progesterone.  
    On Tues. Oct. 30th it started to appear in bigger amounts so I called my doctor and they got me in right away.  I didn't know that anything was really wrong this time because I had no cramping or bleeding.  I was vomiting and everthing this time.  Well after my exam, they sent me to u/s where that baby was found to have NO HEART BEAT!!!!!!!!!   How could this happen??  The baby only measured at 7wks. 1 day which was smaller than at our 1st u/s on the 15th.  (our 2nd yr. wedding anniversary).  This one was our special one.  The one that would make it.  After all they found the problem and "fixed" it w/ the Heparin, progesterone, and additional vitamins.
   We were really 10wks along.  Further than I ever made it before!  How could this happen again.  Here the baby had no heart beat for 3 wks. and I was so stupid to think everything was fine.
    On Nov. 1st I had another D&C where they decided to send the baby and placenta off for chromosome testing.  We find out on the 29th.  I feel so empty and hopeless.  I have let my husband and family down.  I know I will make it though I don't feel as though I will.  
     I am praying for you.  Maybe we can help each other through this terrible ordeal.  
Take care,
TAra
i just had a natrual m/c last week. i do i know if i'm ovulating to try again. me and my man have just been ttc every chance we get to see if we can hit the jackpot again and be blessed with another healthy baby. any adivce. this was my 1st m/c.
one more question. i still have progestrone pills from my last pregnancy that resulted in a m/c. i still take the vitamins. should i still take the progestrone pills too if im ttc again?
Tara,I
am so sorry for your losses.  We sound so similar.  Did you say that Oct 15th was your 2nd wedding anniversary?  Same with me.  That is so weird.  Our stories sound so similar too.  I feel just like you.  I feel stupid that I had no idea anything was wrong and that I let me entire family down.  My parents were so excited and just that Sunday before all of this happened my parents were telling my husband how nice it was to see me happy again.  I had never been happier.  Now I am a total mess. I had my post op appt today and my RE has me taking injections to of oxy something or other to help re-set my body and help with the depression.  Once I zero out and we get the results back from the baby which will probably be arond the same time as you he will think of a new game plan. I too have a blood clotting disorder as well and was taking all of the same meds.  It's just so unfair that we have to go through this so many times.  I am seeing a psyhic on Friday and a fertilty acupunctureist next Friday. I hope the acupuncture helps.  He has been known for helping women with mmc.  What state do you live in?
If you ever need to talk to you can email me at ***@****.  Sounds like we have a lot in common.  Hope you are recovering from your D&C okay.  Has the bleeding stopped yet for you?  I am just spotting now.  Doc says we can resume our sex life but have to use condoms until I zero out and have a cycle.  Then we can try again.  Take care and you are in my prayers.  Thank you for your prayers as well. I could really use them.

Lisa
I would ask your doc before using the remaining progesterone pills.  Just to be on the safe side. I am sorry for your losses and wish you luck in the future.  I hope one day we are finally holding babies in our arms and don't have to feel this way.

-Lisa
Looks like they won't let you post your email address on here. Which is smart I guess  I'll try set up profile and you can contact me that way.
how long did it take for you to concieve (conceive) after each m/c? i wondering how do you know when your body is ovulating after a m/c. i feel so bad for you. but keep ya head up. skies the limit. god knows when it is right. and not just to you but everyone. god will never put us through something we can not handle. everything happens for a reason. we may not know why now but in due time we will know. remember what don't kill us can only make us stronger. each one of you are in my prayers and i hope the best to everyone. stay strong and hold your head up high. you can not have fear, you have to have faith and believe. when you are worring pray. believe prayer changes i know that for a fact. i know i am hurt from my recent m/c but i'm leaving everything in god's hands. he knows what's best. i wish the best for everyone.
It took us 5 months to conceive the first time, miscarried in August 06, then I got pregnant again in December 06, miscarried in Jan 07.  Then I had complications after a D&C and didn't get my period.  IN April they thought I was pregnant again but then I started spotting and it turned out to be AF so she finally came back in April.  We went thorugh more testing and did a viral portocol to make sure I didn't have any viruses. (I had Ebstein Bar whenI was in high school which is a mono type virus)  We got the green light to start trying in June and were pregnant by August.Miscarried in October.  So it took us 5 months hte first time and 3 months the 2nd and 3rd time.  I u se OPKs and just bought the Clear Blue Easy Fertilty Monitor this last time around and conceived the first month using it.

It's amazing how you have so much trust in God.  Right now I can't bring myself to talk to Him.  I'm trying but I am just so angry right now.  I put all of my faith in Him with this last pregnancy and it still failed. I really believed this one was going to make it and we were finally going ot have our little baby after so much heartache but my freams were crushed once again.  Thank youfor your prayers. I could really use them right now.
yes i was upset at first with god but i know everything happens for a reason. you can't have fear. when the devil know you have fear that is when he tries to mess with you. but you have to give it to god and believe in him. when you worry pray. prayer changes. i'm hurt about my m/c but i went to god and asked him to prepare my heart for whatever he may bring and he did that. my dr was so amaze to how i toke the news. i left with my head high and know i will be back to deliver my baby. it just wasn't meant for that pregnancy. god loves me and you and everyone else. he will never try to hurt in us. just go to god and talk to him and believe. cry, scream do whatever he knows what you are going through and can get you through it better than anyone else. i'm promise to you prayer changes. just try it and have faith in him and we will deliver. god bless you and good luck. keep in touch and keep me posted on the latest.
Having the same issue my doctor wont do any testing until I have another misscariage. He says I will most likely be ok. I really cant wait tomorrow I have my first blood work done and until THurday I have my first ultrasound I am scared. I had two misscariage one in where everything was ok then I jsut started to bleed and had a sac but no baby. SO I had a D&C that was in Feb. 07. Secong thome was in July 07 there was no sac or baby it started with bleeding from the start then ended in a normal misscariage. Now 8wks pregnant and scared
don't be scared. just pray and believe me prayer changes. but i understand what you are going thru. stay positive and think positive and you will have a healthy baby. good luck and god bless you. keep us posted.
the same happend to me last year i miscarriage 3 boys i was 19 wks, now i got a cute girl she is 3 moths.believe and god will u a miracle just like mine.
Well I had my appt with my specialist and I don’t feel better.  The baby was a normal boy so now we don’t know why we lost it.  He wants to run some more test and thinks it has to do with my blood so while the good news is DH and I are genetically compatible we still don’t have a reason for why we lost this baby.  He did mention that there was this thing called lymphocyte immunotherapy where they take DH's white blood cells and inject them into me to help boost my immune system or something like that.    But we have to go to Mexico to do it since they don't perform this procedure in the US.  It’s $600 per trip and you have to do 2 trips in 3 weeks.  He gave us the number of a patient who has had success and is willing to talk to anyone about it.  A lady I work with here recommended that I see this microbiologist who analyzes your blood and tells you what you need to do to cleanse your body and make you healthier so we might try that. That is only $45 a person.  So basically I have no answers as to why this baby died.  All I know is I have a son in heaven now. I guess now that I know the baby’s sex I feel like I really am a mom.  Doc wants me to wait one more cycle to be sure I zero outL  I’m not happy about that.  So I guess the good news is I can have a baby it’s just whether or not I can carry it myself or if we have to have a surrogate mother do it for us.

I just feel so lost and hopeless.  What makes me think that the next time our baby will survive?  My body has failed  My body did this to the baby.  I'm so frustrated.
I am 6 wks 2ds pg with 4th pregnancy.  1st gave us a wonderful healthy boy.  next 2 resulted in miscarrage (miscarriage).  tested positive for antiphospholipid syndrome, so now am taking asprine and progesterone.  Does anyone also have anything like this going on......
I was so sad  because I was 2 m/c today.. I'm going to see a doctor next monday...

When i read your messages, I have some hope that I could have a chance to get successfull pregnant...

Of course, if next time i'm pregnant again, I would be scared about m/c
I also have had 3 miscarriages, the last one was just recently and i was in my 17 & 1/2 weeks, and had a d&c. the radiologist said the baby stopped growing at 12 weeks, but i just heard my baby's heart beating at 15&1/2 weeks and that was also the last day i took my last pill (progesterone supplement). Maybe if i didn't stop taking the progesterone, well, "perhaps" (bcuz i am not so sure if that's the reason why my pregnancy stopped) i didn't lose my baby, I assume  that my placenta is not yet matured enough to take over in producing hormone..Grrrr!.. i don't know??? that was just my own opinion though.. coz even my dr, can't give me an answer not until after 3weeks.. They send my poor little one to the laboratory and pathologist for some tests..and in 3 weeks, i hope we could finally find the problem..

Oh, My dr performed a lot of test after my 2nd m/c and all came out normal..that's why i feel frustrated..but I'm not losing my hope, the right time will come, I can have children, Just keep your faith high and trust HIM.. now he will going to send us to a specialist after i recovered, I and my husband will under go some tests, maybe chromosomal test, hope everything will be ok in God's name..

Have FAITH!.. Don't lose HOPE.. the RIGHT time will come for us..

Just take good care of your self as a preparing for the next pregnancy.. and PRAY..
I have had 2 miscarriages in the past 6 months.  After 2 months of trying I conceived with my first and was only 8 weeks when I started bleeding.  This one was a blighted ovum.  Once we were given the green light, we got pregnant within the first month (2 months after my D&C) My doctor had already had me on folic acid (total of 4mg a day) and then I started the progesterone supplement 2x a day.  Everything was fine--heartbeat at 6 1/2 weeks.  At 11 weeks we went in for a checkup and found out the baby had died.  My dr thinks it was due to chromosonal issues but no real answers.  I go next week for all of the bloodwork to start ruling out other issues.  It is very hard and scary to think about going through the whole process again, but I know that once my hubby and I have a beautiful little one in our arms it will all be worth it.  I know that it will be my miracle.  I hope to get the green light in atleast a month or two, once my dr determines if there are any other underlying issues.  He has mentioned baby aspirin as the next step.  Baby aspirin helps with women who have clotting disorders and their blood to the placenta clots when it shouldnt be clotting.  I will do whatever it takes to have a successful pregnancy!!

Good luck to you all!  I know how hard and long the road can be, but I truly think that God has a plan for us all.  
I have had 3 miscarriages.  The first and 2nd i had d&cs and the last one i miscarried about a week after i found out i was pregnant on my own.. I am currently pregnant again, about 15 weeks.  My 2nd d&c they did chromosomal testing on the material and found a 14th chromosome trisomy.  (a 3rd 14th chromosome) so they referred me to a genetic counselor.  Since I am still very young and the pregnancy was pretty unplanned I never met with the genetic counselor.  After finding out i was pregnant about a month ago the doctor scheduled an appointment with a genetic counselor for me.  I met with her and she had my medical records and talked about possibilities with my current pregnancy.  She also told me that if your baby is lost due to a chromosome problem you are almost always going to miscarry before you hear the first heartbeat, so your diagnosis of a chromosome problem is probably not entirely correct, and that could mean a good thing because with me, they are almost entirely sure that i will always carry a tainted 14th chromosome which basically gives me a 2 in 6 chance of having a healthy pregnancy.  They did alot of blood testing on me and my current baby and the baby does not have any chromosome problems with the 21st chromosome, 13th chromosome or 18th chromosome which if the baby were to have a problem with one of them it would be born but mentally challenged after birth.  They are still waiting on the genetic tests to tell exactly how the babies 14th chromosome is made up.  Just thought i would let you know about this.  Maybe you should make an appointment with a genetic counselor.  I found mine to be VERY helpful and she actually put me at ease ALOT! good luck!
I have had two miscarriages both at 17 wks. My water bag ruptured both times. I am now 8 wks. pregnant and am afaid it is going to happen again. Has anyone had the same experience.
I jast had my second m/c. Fist one 12.08 and second  06.09. My doctor also told that they are not going to do any tests befor the third one! But I can't go through this again, I am completele destroyed.
I am going to do self-investigation. Try to find another doctor!
Good luck!
I know that what all of you are feeling and I am soooo sorry for all that you have had to go through.  I just had my second miscarriage and I am so sad and disappointed.  I find myself wanting to play the why me game because it seems like all of my friends can just decided they want to have a baby.  They look up the big events in their lives and decided to get pregnant in a given month so the baby will be due between the wedding and the class reunion and so on.  Then, they get pregnant exactly when they want to and have healty babies.  It takes me a least a year of trying to get pregnant.  Then I have a miscarriage at 9 1/2 weeks.  I have had so many ultrasounds and never heard a heart beat.  I get so sad and feel so alone.  Then I came to this site and I read all of your stories and I hate what you have all gone through but I am so thankful that you are all sharing your stories so I know I am not alone.  
I have now just had my 6th miscarriage. I found yesterday the baby died after I saw the heartbeat 2 weeks ago.  I just don'tt know what to do anymore. I've had 6 pregnancies and 0 live births.  Thankfully we just adopted our daughter in July but I am still determined to carry a pregnancy to term.
I have Factor Leiden V, MTHFR, and elevated FSH.  I don't know what to do.  If this baby comes back abnormal I will do IVF with donor eggs. I'm just scared to spend the money and then miscarry again.
Is there anyone that can help?  I've been to 3 RE's and 2 acupuncturists. :(
I'm in the process of having my third miscarriage and before that my first child was still born at six months.  I'm writing this so others will know that are not alone and will keep you updated when I have my first healthy child so everyone else will know there is hope.  You can't fail if you never give up.  

Faith
Hi, I have had 5 miscarriges in a row, 3 @ 8wks 1 @9 wks and 1 @ 10 wks, Now I am 12 wks pregnant again. My doctor says everthing is going pretty well with this preg. I bleed through all my miscarriges until finally it just happened.With this pregnancy everthing is going great. My baby had a great heart beat and my uterus is closed tight. I have not bleed not one time through this pregnancy. If was rough but we did not give up. One of my miscarriges was due to triploid. I have been through all the testing, seen a Genectic doctor, and everyone told me I was fine so we kept trying...My message to everyone is to not give up.God will see you through
Thank You Faith28! Congrats on your current pregnancy. I hope pregnancy number 7 is our keeper whenever that happens.  For now I am going to enjoy my daughter (who we adopted in July) and enjoy the holidays.  Finally I get to celebrate Baby's First Xmas!!  I have my follow up from my 6th loss tomorrow which I am not looking forward to since they don't have any answers from teh tissue I brought in.  :(  

Maybe Someday we will get there.

Best of luck to you.
THIS IS VERY PAINFUL TO GO THROUGH. I AM ONLY 24 yrs old AND I ALREADY BEEN THROUGH 3 MISCARRIAGES AND 1 D&C. ITS POSSIBLE THAT STRESS CAN CAUSE  MISCARRIAGES (AS I WAS TOLD)BUT I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH THYROID. BUT I WISH IT WAS SOMETHING ELSE...... BUT I STAY STRONG AND NOW THAT I AM BEING TREATED FOR MY DIAGNOSIS I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL LITTLE QUEENS, AGE 2 & THE OTHER JUST RECENTLY TURNED 1 YRS OLD. GOD BLESSED ME AND I KNOW HE WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU.
Even i had 2 miscarriages due to non viable fetus first on 12/2008 and second on 10/2009 .All tests are normal so doctor told no need of any treatment but still am worried to take anymore chance..........
Hi everyone. So sorry for everyone's losses. I know exactly how they feel. I have had like most of you, 3 miscarriages. I was told that i would be fine after the second one and no testing was done. I went on believing that that was true but at the same time searched for a doctor that could give us some clues. Unfortunately while we were doing that we fell pregnant again and miscarried, again.I fall pregnant very easily but for some reason can not carry the pregnancy past 9weeks. I am 22 and very sick of being told im still young and there is still "plenty of time"!!! Does this mean that my husband and I should keep going through this until we are older? I dont think so!!! All this tells us is that age is not a factor! Luckily we have finally found a good doctor who has made us feel hopeful again.We have been undergoing all sorts of testing and will start to receive "th news" soon.
Hearing some of your stories has made me feel good and some of them have made me very unsure.
My husband and I are going to be trying again very soon and I was wondering if I should start taking low doeses of asprin now? Im already taking folic acid. Is there anything I could do to help prevent another failed pregnancy.
I just miscarried March 15th (15 weeks) with my second pregnancy. I first m/c on 10/11/2005 (17 weeks) with twins, I used progestrone supplements with my second pregnancy and used baby aspirins, and was taking prenatal pills daily. I ate well and everything. Did everything right. My son's heartbeat was perfect and everything. I had regular ultrasounds and everything. He was okay. I am now just waiting and praying till I am mentally prepared to try again.
Dear all,

I have a 2 year old soon. Last year i have two miscarriages. I waited 5 months after the second miscarriage and got pregnant again in february. I was and still am terrified. I had some bleeding at the beginning which was very stressful but I had an ultrasound today and the baby is fine. The doctor didn´t want to run any test either and i was upset and really paranoid but I am now somehow more relaxed. I am not taking any aspirin or progesterone.
I had my first D&C in March of 09 at 8 weeks and my second D&C in August of 09 at 7 weeks. With both pregnancies the ultrasound confirmed that the heart beat died just shortly after the 6th week. I'm going this week for my first ultrasound which i will be 7 weeks along and have so much anxiety. I keep having dreams that they find an empty sac and no baby or that they find another failed heart beat. After my 2nd miscarriage my doctor performed chromosone testing on the fetus after the D&C and sent me to a specialist for a boat load of testing. The testing results were bittersweet as in they found nothing. Don't get me wrong; I'm happy they found nothing but at the same time I wanted to hear "here is the problem and here is our solution."

Has anyone out there been through the testing to confirm nothing and have a successful pregnancy after multiple miscarriages? This is getting so hard and I'm finding myself distancing myself from many of my close girlfriends as I just can't bare to hear them talk about their children or successful pregnancies. I'm praying I don't experiance a 3rd lose; but am having a hard time staying postive. Could really use some help.
Firstly, I'm really sorry for everyones lose. I have had 2 miscarriages recently, my first was in nov' 2009 @ 5 wks my second @ 3-5 wks in jan 2010. I have had 2 beautiful girls, ages 3 and 4, and I couldn't be more happy with them, but my husband and I had decided that we would be ready to have one more and complete our family. However, I am terrified to try again and risk losing this one again. I am overweight, was diagnosised with anxiety/depression in january after my 2nd miscarriage. I have been working out at my local gym in an effort to get to a healthier weight, I quit smoking in january, and I am being tried for the anxiety/depression.
Thank you all for sharing! i feel for everyone here as i've gone thru this myself.
I've had 3 miscarriages in the past 4 years. All passed naturally.
After the 2nd miscarriage, they did some testing and they found factor v lyden ( blood clotting) and so for my 3rd pregnancy i took baby aspirin while trying to get pregnant and during pregnancy along with injections of lovenox once i got pregnant.  i miscarried at 8 weeks and no heartbeat because the baby stopped developing.  I lost all hope after that. But i got right back up and realized i would regret it the rest of my life if i didnt try again. So now i am 36 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for the past 4 months . I think if  it doesnt work this time, i will go for IVF. I also have a fibroid 5 cm . i went to a number of doctors, and some say i should take it out and some say leave it cause there could be a lot of bleeding  with surgery. So we're trying again hoping it works this time withthe baby aspirin and lovenox. i am keeping my fingers crossed.
God bless u all and thanks again for sharing. Dont give up!!

hopefull
I am still in disbelief how common miscarriage is.  Unfortunately, I just experienced my 1st M/C at 18wks 3days on 10-2-10.  A couple of weeks ago at the dr. the ultrasound indicated that my husband and I were having a healthy baby boy.  I haven't had any testing done yet.  However, I am positive that one day we will be blessed with children.  I still believe and trust that God knows best and now we have a little angel watching over us.  My heart goes out to other women who have experienced this heart ache.
Reading these comments are so heartbreaking even the ones that are several years old!  I have had two m/c and am 6 weeks pregnant again, I go for u/s on 10-20 and am terrified of not seeing a healthy pregnancy! I have 3 healthy children and always took my pregnancies for granted until I lost one, then another...I have greater compassion now for those who have not had a healthy pregnancy because it is unbearable, I hope God sees fit to allow us to have this child, I will not take one for granted any more that is for sure!
hi all,

all of your posts are so sad and hopefully most of you have gone on to have successful pregnancys now. I want to offer a little bit of hope for anyone who reads this thread.

I have had 2 miscarriages, the 1st one at 13 weeks (actually a mmc)in april 2008 and the second at 8 weeks in october 2008, the baby had died at 5 though. I am currently nearly 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl and i have not had any sort of medical intervention, altho a change in partner may have something to do with! :D

In the begining of this pregnancy I had bleeding and cramping and feared the worst, but thankfully she held on (so please dont fear the worst, just because it happened before doesnt mean its going to happen again). so I just want to let you know that there is hope, a lot of hope! I cannot not wait to meet my girl in february and i still worry that something will go wrong, as theres always the possibility til the end, but i am keeping the faith (with the help of my doppler!) and so far so good (touch wood!)

I will pray for you all!

I am 29 years old. Last year I had my first miscarriage at 6 weeks. Then in December I thought I was pregnant again however it came out to be a chemical pregnancy... my doctors do not consider it a miscarriage. I had another miscarriage 3 months ago at 9 weeks. When I first found I was pregnant the doctor put me on baby aspirin because one of my blood work came back borderline for a blood disorder she told me don't worry about it I stared to have light bleeding and brown spotting and my progesterone level started to drop so she started me on progesterone. My husband and I heard the heart beat twice the third time we went for an ultra sound there was no heart beat and I had to go for a D&C. I recently saw a fertility specialist my husband and I blood work came back normal. I had a SHG test and I found out I have small uterine polyp's my doctor recommended having them removed before I start trying again because it can cause miscarriage. It has been 3 weeks since I had the polyps removed and the doctor told us to start trying after my next cycle. Words can not express how scared I am. We want a baby so bad however I am scared to go through another miscarriage. The doctors tell us to have HOPE but sometimes I wonder if it will ever happen for us.
i spent a lot of time reading posts after suffering 4 m/cs in the last 2 years - my last one was in Dec 2009 at 17 weeks.  the baby was alive at 16.5 weeks, but, because of a subchorionic hematoma, died a week later.  i'd had bleeding the entire pregnancy and during my other pregnancies.  i got pregnant again in May 2010 and am now 25 weeks - it's been smooth sailing.  
i was scared to try again because, as you guys know, the pain of m/cs is not easy to bear. my doctors always said that there was no reason why i can't carry a pregnancy, and i guess they were right.
good luck to everyone!
I'm absolutely terrified. I lost my baby at 22wks 2days, that was my first pregnancy. I lost my second baby at 6 weeks and now by the grace of almighty god I am pregnant for the third time. I am now 14 weeks and hope for the best. I'm suffering from severe anxiety and depression. I'm only 22 and very worried.
I've had two miscarriages and one abortion and now trying to have babies. Last month which was the 1st I had my period and my boyfriend came in me 3 times and I got my period on the 27 and bleeding normal. So my question is it possible to not be able to have. Babies
?
I am a unfortunate woman who had 5 missed misscarraiges in 5 years ,although  ,I have a serious health problem which is copper toxicity (wilson disease) where my body copper cannot excrete in natural way...............but to tell you the truth in all the5 pregnancies I had stoped takin my regular medicine for my copper problem.......cos the doctors said so................but now presently I am carrying on my 22nd week had many ultra sound cos the docs here thinks I have a  high risk pregnancy................but my present doc told me to continue my regular medication in low dose so now I have made it to 22 weeks but my fingers are crossed ..............god knows whats stored on my destiny............till now the USG report r fine............I can only prays to God that evry things goes fine this time....I am writing this because many a time doctors neglect our basic physical problems like thyroid....diabetese......bloodpressure..........weak cervix and weak placenta.......and treat us as normal pregnancy....this is where we do a blundder..........so first we should check our own health weaknesses and get the source of our loss....now I know that I did a blunder stopping the medicines in my last pregnancies........and always remember nothing is under human control .......it all up there with the Almighthy .............so all you have to do is Pray Pray Pray and get the right treatment.
hello everyone , iam 17 yrs of age ,welll ihave had two m/c in tha past three yrs, iknow im verry young ,please dont judge me ijust need advice ! pls helpppp/:
I'm sorry but i don't understand the article. What does baby asprin do when you take it with prenatal vitamins?
I have had two miscarriages one in November of 2010 and one in July in 2011. I am now pregnant again and they saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks without being on any meds. The 2nd pregnancy I was on progesterone sup. but they didn't help. This time around everything seems to be going okay, my levels are rising as they should be. I am still in the danger zone so I pray everyday things will be okay. Stay positive, these things happen to many women who go on to having healthy babies. Good luck to you all!
my daughter has had two miscarriages and it may be her chromsomes between here and her husband do u know if they can ever have a bay together they cant afford doctors to find out the problem  ty
I wanted to say sorry, I feel the same, you know I asked God why? I had so many questions.. I don't know I mean not to say such a thing but so many women who "pop" out babies have some of the best pregnacies, why are the good women suffering , what is the reason, I just lost my second baby, my first child died due to low folic acid at 4 in a half months. in 2007 this one just passed last week I was suppose to be 9 weeks , the baby was 8 weeks however I only had small amounts of bleeding and the docter told me the small cramping I felt was normal. I ask God daily what I did wrong what was wrong whats really going on? I'm glad you still have faith as do I , I just don't know sometimes. I passed my baby in the toilet they gave me med to pass it at home, I saw it , was the size of my upper pinkie, no spina bifda, everything looked normal to me. I was told maybe a chromozone issue, I am trying to figure how to insure a healthey preg in the future. Anyways I am just going on and on. Many blessings to you, I am sure by now you have had a healthy baby. I sure hope, this is my email if you would like to write me ***@****
Hi sorry to hear the news, well for one, it is very important that she and her husband see a docter, I understand they may not have inurance  I had that issue for some years, however it may seem tedious but have them go to the health clinic please.. I have lost 2 babies one in 2007 one just a few days ago, I was seeing a doc with both, if she misscaries like 6 to 8 weeks it may be a chrom issue, thats what I was told, I don't know what causes this misshap I have been doing hard studying on genetic dissorders and problems during preg, I am determined to figure out what whent wrong, although we may never no...
Keep taking prenatal med, I take folic acid supplements also, eats pletny of greens, drink plenty of water.

I have your daughter and son in my prayers, all we can do is hope for the best in the days to come.
I was studying this, the baby asprin helps open up tiny blood clots that may in the placenta, to able the food and vitamins to pass easily to the baby, women take small amounts of baby asprin to make sure there is no clotting in the placenta.

However I would consult with your dr. before doing this as the drugs that is presc. during preg useally are prenatals , benadril for allergies and tylonal for pain. Hope this helped answer your question.
I have had two miscarriages.  One on Dec. 27, 2010 and the other on Oct. 18, 2011.  I havent tested yet but i am now late for af.  Not that I recommend always doing things on your own but after i miscarried the last time i started myself on low dose aspirin, i take metformin for PCOS, and prenatal vitamins.  I made an appointment for progesterone but i am not sure if i want to go.  I dont understand why i have to go to the doctor again for the prescription because they have already tested and showed that it was very low before.  I am sure they have their own reasons but the only reason i want to go is because i want an adequate dose of pregesterone and i am not sure of how well that works with the topical medicines.  I wish all of you ladies lots of love in your futures.
I am so heartbroken, and so sorry for everyone's losses. I am having my third miscarrige now. One at 8 wks, another at 6wks, this one at 3wks. I am 30yrs old. And have not had a child yet have been trying for 4 years. I just don't know what to do anymore, just i would do anything for just my first child. My sister in law is newly pregnant, her first, and it is all i hear about. I can't get away from it everyone i know has new baby's and no problems. It is such a lonely feeling. I prayed so hard this time, just for another chance, did everything right, In my head I begged and begged God to not take this away from me.I don't know why some women have this incredible heartbreak and some women will never know what this feels like. there is just no way to describe this kind of heartbreak. I pray that we all have some peace and a blessing in the future, our baby.
I have been reading through everyone's post and I feel like i have been in the same boat! I had my 1st miscarriage in 2009 at 8wks. Me and My husband recently got married in 2011 and got pregnant a mth later after the wedding! summer 2011 i had another miscarriage at 6wks.  I have been so damaged by this and Ask for strength due to the fact that everyone im surround by has had healthy pregnacies.  I recently just found out on my birthday Jan 31 2012 that i was pregnant! I am more or less 3wks along and am absolutely terrified of m/s again! I am going to wait until i am 7-8wks to go see the dr. but my last miscarriage was due to my progestorone levels dropping.  Should i start using the cream this early on just to be on the safe side this time around? I am walking in faith because i know all things are possible.
I just stumbled upon this post and thought I would tell you all to keep up hope.  I had three miscarraiges in a row and after the third one we had all these tests done and everything came up normal.  We were going to go ahead and try IVF beacause we didnt think we could go through another loss, but our Dr said that we really thought we should try one more time.  So we did and we had a totally healthy pregnancy and now my daughter is 5!  I also had another girl two years later, so i had three miscarriages and then two healthy pregnancies.  I know what it feels like..its awful to lose a pregnancy but you still have really great chances of having one stick...good luck everyone!
Me too just found out on friday that I just had a miscarriage, on my fouth one completly heart broken was 9week don't understand what's going I have two boys 10 and 11 why now can't I have my third these Doctors just keep telling me it's normal how can that be normal to have 4miscarriges after having two full term healthy babys? I've given up I'm just going to get my tubes tide...
Hi Girls- I posted on this thread years ago (back in 2007) and thought I would give you all an update.  After 8 losses, all occuring 8 weeks or earlier and 1 successful adoption I am now 17 weeks pregnant with a little girl!  Please keep faith and keep going.  It has been a long journey but we just had an ultrasound yesterday and she is looking perfect.  Strong heartbeat and measuring right on schedule.

Praying she arrives safe and sound this July.

Hugs to all of you.
-Lisa
you are my motivation!!! you have such a strong heart.I'm going for my D&C on Tuesday morning.I'm 9.5 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6th week.I was happy to see the heartbeat earlier but it stopped sometime after 7th week.This is my second miscarriage and I'm devasteted.I feel like going for IVF .I just hate God
I had two miscarriages back to back and freaked out in the dr.'s office b/c I was 32 and healthy and there was NO reason for this.  I was referred for testing and they found a blood clotting issue where my blood was too thick and was told to take baby aspirin.  I now have two healthy children and my pregnancies (with baby aspirin) were uneventful and otherwise normal! I say take it - it's helped me and many others. Best of luck.
It is so good to hear success stories, I just had my 2nd MC, 1st in Nov 11.  I have a 1.5 year old that was delivered at 33w.  I am super fustrated as I am healthy and only 29 years old. My doc says my hubby and I can do testing if we want to, but doesn't seem very supportive. Just keeps saying that it shouldn't happen again...heard that story before. I have to wait for my levels to drop before she will discuss any testing, I know it is likely that nothing will be found, but it can't hurt to check it out, right.  I am planning on using low dose aspirin prior to and throughout my next pregnancy, whether out not she suggests it.  I just dont know what else to do.
I just wanted to say Congrats!! Your story sounds so much like my own... We have had 8 losses (5 mc before 6 weeks, 1 blighted ovum and 1 ectopic) and are now pregnant with our 9th. We have seen a healthy heartbeat at 6 weeks and just had our 10 week ultrasound where we got to see our baby's little arms and legs moving around with a heart rate of 171!! So, congrats and I wish the best for you and your family!!
Congratulations!!! Your story is such an amazing one! Trying so many times and never giving up and now you finally have your gift!
Are you doing any treatments with this pregnancy? Did you do anything different this time around? Any supplements or injections?

I just found out last Friday that I'm on my way to a 3rd consecutive m/c. I had the first m/c at 6 weeks (started bleeding); the 2nd m/c we went for 8 wk ultrasound and baby had stopped growing at 7 wk 4 days (waited 3 wk after that to m/c on my own and it was a nightmare....ended up in the hospital and loosing a lot of blood). After 2nd m/c we did all the basic testing (I guess), however doc said there was nothing wrong and to try again. So now, another m/c on the way! This time at 8 wk we found an empty sac. It's just so frustrating!!!

It seems like I should look for a fertility specialist- that's what my ob/gyn is recommending as our next step.....
that is how i feel. i have had 8 m/c in 3 yrs. i hate myself because i only have one that is documented. i am wondering if i can have kids. family history says no chance. i am an only child my mother miscarried my twin and 6 others including another set of twins. my aunt had cancer and had a hysterectomy my gma died from cervical cancer. i have 2 cousins by the youngest uncle and none from the oldest. gma only had 4 kids. gpa had a set of twins after gma died. not sure how i can keep the baby. i am a- my huddy is ab- (he thinks). not sure what to do.
Such a helpfull website.  I thought I was alone in my situation but after reading I know I am not.  I suffered my 3rd misscarriage in a year.  My first was 4/20/11.  Went in for my 8.5 week check up and there was no hb.  Did a D&C the next week.   Got preg again in Sept and had problems from teh beggining.  Saw hb at 6.This time they sent the fetal tissue for testing. So we are wairting on resluts.  I am 30 and my husband is 36. So we are scared to death.  

But after reading that several people have had more miscarriages and then NEVER gave up and had healthy babies gives me HOPE for the first time since allthis has happened.  Thank you all so much for sharing your stories and I hope someday soon I get to come backand post my happy ending with all of you.
I girls.... I feel for you!! I lost twins in 18 oct 2011 in week 18 and of some reason the doctor took bloodtest (they normally doesnt do anything before 3 misscarriage).Doctor find that I have high levels of anticardiolipin antibodies that probably have done bloodclots in the placenta that killed the babies. Please ask a doctor to search for these antibodies, it is common in women that have recurrent misscarriages!! Im now pregnant again in week 17 and I take lowdose aspirin 75mg/day and in week 20 i will start take heparin injections.... I dont know if it will work´... but please ask doctor to find these anticardiolipin antibodies and read about them on the internet! And continue to pray, pray and pray!
I have been looking for a site for this for years! I am so glad that I have found it and I pray that we all eventually have a baby to hold in our arms. I have have had one live birth in '06, mc in 2009 @ 12 weeks, mc in 2010 @ 5 weeks and mc in 2011 at 7 weeks. I am now 6 weeks pregnant again and am absolutely terrified to the point that I am having night terrors....I have been pescribed progesterone and am seeing a fertility specialist...getting confused though because obs reccommended taking asprin, while IVF specialist told me not to......my progesterone levels were 44 a month ago, had another progesterone test thrusday and am waiting to get results on monday. I am also having my first us monday and I am petrified......IVF specialist says there should be a stong hartbeat by then (going off of horemone levels and stage). I am so fearful that there is no joy in this us.....I don't know how I will survive seeing another baby die on the screen......I go from being excited one minute to thinking its all over.....all I can think about is the patterns. When I was pregnant with my son I had no discharge and no headaches, but with all of my miscarriages I had them, like clear mucus, and heaps of it. I went to the toilet tonight and found the same thing......has anyone else had this? recognised patterns like this???
I have had three babies after hard pregnancies, but have now suffered 2 miscarriages. One feb.13 and the next mar.27 I have suffered from many medical complications ever since my second pregnancy which had us waiting 7yrs. to have another. I was put on baby aspirin with that pregnancy since I was on bed rest for a lot of it, to keep from getting blog clots in my legs. Now with him being a yr. we thought we'd try again only to lose two pregnancies. My doc at the first m/c told me it was normal and to try again immediately. I got a cold while pregnant the next time and went to the docs for that, but started spotting that morning so discussed it with the doc. She said since I had been suffering morning sickness for a month already and with the added date of PPT she was thinking it was nothing and that I was either farther along than we figured (which wasn't possible) or carrying multiples since I have "over active ovaries". My husband clung to the thought of twins, but I knew something was off. Next day I started bleeding heavy and confirmed a m/c next day. I passed the baby three days later. I've been struggling with questions of why and hope to get answers from my ob/gyn in two weeks, who is in another town. I think it might be lupus since I've been "borderline" for a few years. Hopefully I'll get answers soon! I hope God has blessed you all with a small bundle to call your own by now and if not hopefully He will soon. I pray for all of you!
Hi Ladies,

I had a missed miscarriage (baby stopped growing at 10 weeks, when there was no heartbeat found during a normal 12-week ultra sound) and another bleeding and eventually D&C at approximately at 10 weeks. This was in 2009 and 2010.

After that, we went to a fertility clinic as the normal docs wouldn't do any tests until 3 miscarriages. At the fertility center, there were several tests done and all came out normal for both my partner and me. Though I might have low progestrone during mid-cycle, the doc said I could be given progestrone supplements and also baby aspirin to support the pregnancy /conception.

Now, they tried monitoring my cycle (for 6 cycles) in 2011 and I have not conceived. Strange. So, they suggested IuI. I went for an IuI last cycle (March 2012) and I did not conceive. Its all very strange and depressing for me that though I could conceive earlier, it resulted in miscarriage. Now I am not able to conceive with with cycle monitoring and IuI (1 attempt), despite normal test results.

Now my partner does not want to do an IuI or cycle monitoring anymore because he says anyway none of these assisted methods dont work, so lets try on our own. I am turning 30 and my partner tuns 34 (2012).

I am really worried what to do with the next cycles and how to conceive (leave alone worrying about m/c later).

Any pointers is really appreciated?

Cheers
Amada
I have also had 6 miscarriages and am currently pregnant. Mime usually happen at 5 weeks exactly!! Every time!! I have just passed that with this one and am hoping to have a healthy baby but will def. Keep all informed!! If its possible it might be happening right now!!
Your post is interesting to me. I had a trisomy 13 pregnancy failure at 22wks and many early miscarriages since then about 6 i think. Genetic advice/testing sounds expensive. I would love to know if chromosome glitches are the reason we keep miscarrying! My instinct tells me it is...but I will probably never find out.  All there is left to do is keep trying. we might get lucky...we might not....only the universe knows..as frustrating as that is.  
How is this one going?  I am waiting on a possibility too now. Just about to hit the 6 wk mark....where I have had about 5 miscarriages before.  The waiting game....oh the waiting game. Trying to keep my mind off it....but found myself reading the posts here....makes me feel better in a way.... but wish I had the skills to just get on with my day and let be what will be.  
Just wanted to update everyone! At 28 weeks 4 days my water bag ruptured.  I was put on hospital bed rest until I gave birth via emergency C section on April 29th to a 2 pound 4 oz beautiful baby girl.  (she arrived 10 weeks early)  After a 6 week stay in the NICU she is finally home!  She is a true miracle!  Please keep the faith and don't give up.  After 7 years, 8 losses, and 1 adoption I finally did it!  Sometimes even miracles take a little time.  My 2 daughters are proof of that!  I am so blessed!!
Hi there,
Finally I find someone with similar story as I !
I have had 6 m/c and one live birth.  My husband and I are now trying to decide if we should give it a try one more time.

How is your pregnancy going dmose2622 ????

Best regards from Iceland :-)
I too, have had two M/C. My first M/C happened so fast, that I wasnt really sure how far along I was...I just went to my first ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. Soon after that I was pregnant again! This time I tried my best to monitor things as best I could...I had quite a few ultrasounds that showed healthy heartbeats. Sadly enough...On my fourth ultrasound, there was, yet again, no heartbeat. My doctor had some basic testing done and everything came back normal. I was so crushed. I wanted answers. Now, four months later I am pregnant again. I just found out and I am only 5wks. Im trying to have faith in my growing little one...but I still get so nervous that I will M/C again. I would be heartbroken and I dont want to go through this again. Im suppose to see a high risk doctor...so I hope everything goes well...im just so nervous. I pray for all you! and hope to have my miracle baby with this pregnancy!
I have suffered nine misscarriges and each breaks my heart more than the last. I suffer from pcos and i fear i will nver carry to term and i dont know if i have the strength to keep on trying anymore, the loss has become so devastating to me that most days i can barely get out of bed I am so afaid of another loss i dont think i could handle it again, Is their anyone out their with some advice on how to go on.
i had two miscarriages and one of them was mised abortion.now i m 13 weeks pregnant n i m scared.what will happen this time.i did a usg at 9th week but it shoes 8th week and it shows heartbeat of baby, yolk sac ,i will go to doctor for check up on next saturday.i request to all pray for me,
I am currently on my 2nd miscarriage.  1st was 6-12 at 9wks, followed by 1 chemical pregnancy, then this one 10-12 was 5 1/2 wks.  I have one happy healthy 2 yr old, my first pregnancy that was completely uneventful.  I've been reading these posts and they have been more helpful than you know.  I am a L&D nurse and have very few insights on early pregnancy loss, I normally care for patients over 20 weeks and understand stillbirths very well.  My problem is since I work closely with my doctor she generally lets me manage my own care, I have ordered all my own tests and everything seems normal.  She even ordered progesterone as a precaution for the last pregnancy and it didn't even last as long as the first one.  After having a successful pregnancy I am at a loss as to why this is happaning.
Sorry to everyone! I have had 3 miscarriages. The 1 st happened at 18 - 10 years ago and i did not think anything of it just that i was too young and it was not meant to be. i got married at 23 and My husband and I tried for 4 years to get pregnant and have spent thousands on pills, shots, and IUI. I finally got pregnant 4/3/12 ( naturally surprise surprise)and saw a strong heart beat at 8 weeks. Went in  at 12 weeks and no heart beat. My heart broke and I don't think I will ever be the same again. We were so happy and told everyone after we saw the heartbeat.. After my d&c everyone kept asking "how's the baby"  I wanted to curl up in a hole and die. My husband finally convinced me to try again.. We did IUI and got preggers.. Went in at 7 weeks, twins! Both were already dead. Two weeks ago I passed them naturally. Did some testing and doc says everything is perfect- my butt everything is perfect... 4 dead babies is not perfect! Don't know what to do now... I am 28 and very healthy but also sad and mad mad mad.
So sorry for your losses! I too have had 3 m/c, 1st 2 were @8wks & had d&c's. 3rd @ 5 wks. passed it on my own. My husband and I had the chromosome testing..normal. I just went & got bloodwork today to check my thyroid & glucose. The specialist said i have a 70-80% chance of a successful pregnancy. These answers still aren't enough. During the latest m/c  (oct. 2012) I did the progesterone capsules vaginally for only a week with no luck. It just seems to me there HAS to be answers for these losses. I'm thinking of adding more folic acid & the daily baby asprin to my prenatal vitamins. I have seen 3 different doctors & they all tell me the same thing, this is "normal". It's NOT normal when it happens to you. This is just devestating!! I understand how hurt & angry you are.
I am 32yrs old and I have had 4 losses, I don't have any children. I had my first miscarriage in Aug '09, I had an ectopic in Feb '11, miscarried again in Dec '11 and another miscarriage in June '12. I've never made it past 7 1/2 weeks. I have had all the genetic and blooding clotting tests etc carried out in the pregnancy loss clinic and everything came back normal. I took baby aspirin during my last pregnancy. I am taking high dose folic acid at the moment and if I decide to become pregnant again the hospital will prescribe baby aspirin and progesterone. There is not a day goes by that I don't think about the babies that I have lost. It is not normal for anyone to have to go through such pain and devastation without explanation. I am nearly at the stage where I am thinking about giving up as I don't know if I am strong enough to go through the stress and pain of another pregnancy and loss. I have never had counselling and I am thinking maybe I should because I just can't seem to move on from the pain and loss. I am a healthy woman, I don't smoke or do drugs. I have an occasional drink when I'm out which isn't very often. I eat well and exercise. It is just so unfair. It has put a huge strain on my relationship with my partner as he just doesn't understand the pain I have gone through and sometimes I resent him for not feeling as bad as I do.
So sorry for your losses. Has your husband had testing?
Hi I read your post. I am curious as to the cream you said you got. When did you start taking it and how does it work? I have 3 children all of the pregnancies were perfect and all by the same father. Still the same father however found out Jan 2012 I was pregnant. Saw heart beat of bbay at 6wks 1 day at 9 weeks went to doctor and they said baby stopped growning at 7 wks 3 days did not miscarry until 14 weeks along in March. Then June 10th went to er for bleeding...they said I had an ectopic pregnancy baby is great but in my tube. Terminated that pregnancy. Than pegnant again and miscarried at 5 wks 3 days Oct. 13th with my 3 baby that year. I recently Monday Jan. 21st found out I was pregnant excited yet nervous...did hcg level it was 27.7 doctor did another hcg level on Wed. and said that my level dropped to 23 and progestrone was 13. Miscarried at 4 wks about. So I am curious and eager for any answers/suggestions anyone has. We did all tests and everything came back great and now waiting on test for chromotype to come back. Can anyone help we were so happy for eager for another baby just to be shot down 4 times in 1 year.
Hi ladies, I had a blighted ovum 6 weeks ago and yesterday fount out I'm anything from 3-5 weeks pregnant again. My 1st pregnancy was a dream and I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter. Yet I'm so scared of something bad happening cause its been so quick before my last BO, can anybody help please?
Last Month I had my 3rd miscarriage in a year and I had one before that about a year and a half ago. I have 2 healthy boys 6 and almost 5 both uneventful pregnancies. My first MC this year was at 8 wks and I had a D/C, my last 2 were at 5w5d and 5w4d, My doctor thinks it is Still "just bad luck" and "I'm still within the statistical norm." I feel like screaming!!!! I just want to know why! The only thin my doctor will test for is a clotting disorder called antiphosphlipid syndrome and I asked him to check my thyriod. Even thought it doesn't think its my thyriod, he just thinks "your 30." My last MC I was taking a baby aspirin and 200mg progesterone a day and it still didn't help. Any ideas anyone? I would love some advice...my heart is broken!
don't loose faith ladies, i'm 32 and have had 13 mc 9 d&c and 2 live births and am currently 23 wks with my 3rd child...trust me after being told over and over that i could concieve (conceive) but not carry to term and then after cancer treatment told i couldn't even concieve (conceive) anymore and still got pregnant and carried to 32 wks my 6 yr old daughter it can be done.  it's called practicing medicine for a reason.  sometimes there is no medical explination and the doctors can be wrong and not know everything.  there are exceptions to the so called impossible.  my son i'm carrying now is post hysterectomy.  miracles happen, i'm living proof.
thanks to everyone who has posted their testimonials. gives me hope as i'm currently dealing with 3rd miscarriage in 7 months.  i have one son (turned 2 yrs in January) and had no problems getting pregnant or with that pregnacy.  since my husband and i started trying again as of August 2012 we have now had the 3rd mc (1st at 7 weeks, 2nd at 10 1/2 weeks and now this one at 8 weeks). all your posts are heart felt, yet encouraging. i also understand the multidue of emotions that come along with each one. good luck to everyone.
I tried a counselor and was told " it will happen" and I wanted to slap her! I hate hearing that. My husband and I are dealing ok...I do know how you feel! I feel like he will never understand the pain because it's not his body. We talk it out but still puts strain on the relationship!
On another note I decided to try one last time and had an IUI last week... Keeping my fingers crossed. I just want a baby!
Multiple miscarriages are not normal! Even google agrees with us! :) stupid doctors!!
I always said if I had a successful pregnancy I would come back here and share because when I went through my two miscarriages I wanted to believe that someday I would have a successful pregnancy.  I am young and married and suffered two miscarriages each exactly a year apart after the second miscarriage we were beyond devastated as anyone that has had a second knows.  I got tons of blood work done that checked if there was something wrong all that came back was that I had Von willebrands disease which didn't add to my miscarriages but we needed to know this for labor and delivery.  For each pregnancy my hcg levels never went above a 170 and we never saw anything on ultrasound.  This pregnancy I'm five weeks and it's in the 7000's.  I took a test the day before and I immediately called my doctor that day she sent me for blood work and for progesterone levels my progesterone was border line low so I now take progesterone supplements twice a day.  I advise each and everyone of u to go to the doctor when finding out it might save your pregnancy!  Get all the tests done because truly now I know about my blood disorder and I could have bled to death if my pregnancies had been successful.  I know nothing can ever heal the pain and the devastation is beyond anything but truly find god and find hope.  Pray to him.  It was the best choice I made I prayed to him cried to him and bawled to him and my heart isn't as heavy and with this pregnancy I am not worried.  Pray and tell him what you want and also go to the doctors that he put here to help you.  Keep up your hope not all hope is lost after a second miscarriage I promise and I'm living proof of that :)
Hi All.... I too am going through my second miscarriage... 1st one in Jan 2013 where I never saw a heartbeat and had D&C at 8 weeks. This time we saw heartbeat at 6 weeks and again at 7w5d but during 10 weeks ultrasound, we were told that baby stopped growing at 8w2d. I am totally shattered and waiting for my blood test after I miscarry this one completely. This time I was given medicines instead of D&C to miscarry as my body didnt pass the baby on its own.... I am not sure what God has for me in my destiny