Maternal & Child Community
Successful pregnancy after endometrial ablation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

5868973?1278214134
I have never posted on a site like this, but I wanted to give hope/info to women faced with pregnancy after endometrial ablation.  I was shocked & terrified to learn that only 14 mths after my ablation, I was pregnant.  I was desperate for info about the risks & there was little to no info available, and even the high risk practice I was referred to seemed unable to site statistics to help me make an informed decision.  I had monthly ultrasounds to monitor fetal growth & to attempt to gauge attachment of the placenta to detect accreta, but it was near impossible to tell anything.  I just turned 40, I am strong & healthy, & my pregnancy was problem free.  I elected to have a C-section even though I was cleared for a vaginal delivery (my previous preg was a vaginal delivery 20 yrs ago!).  I had to force the doc's to agree to a C-section bc I was concerned about the placenta not releasing & the risk of having to have surgery AFTER labor/delivery; turns out this was the right decision.  My water broke at about 39 wks, & I delivered a healthy 6 lb 12 oz boy via C-section, then had my tubes tied.  The placenta was stuck & had to be manually removed, but blood loss was controllable & no transfusion was necessary.  I was very fortunate!!  PLEASE note that ablation was never intended as birth control...my situation was different as my husband has had a vasectomy which failed; this is a miracle baby for sure!
  I just wanted to reassure those women who are facing this situation & searching for info as I did.  I nearly terminated my pregnancy early on, but I'm so glad I didn't, despite lots of fear & worry.  Mom & baby are healthy & grateful.  I hope thi helps!
Thank you for this post.and i am so happy things went well with you and your baby.I am 16 weeks pregnant after also having an ablation over 2 years ago.so far all is good.I have a doctors appt. next week and hope to find out more.right now i am just really scared on all the horror stories i have read.
iam glad all went well iam 18weeks after abltion last oct had bleeding but all well good luck and well done x
hello, im glad to hear of your success story and blessing. My husband had a vasectomy in 2004 he did not go back for the sperm count check. In sept of 2007  I had an endometrial ablation. I went almost a year with no periods at all but then started having light periods lasting a day or two. well just recently within the last 6 weeks i have had sore boobs and having to pee frequently. I took a clear blue easy today and it had a faint plus sign...so im worried it can be a false positive. but then i saw your story and see that it can be possible i dont know what to do.
Congratulations on your healthy baby. I am 10 weeks post ablation and scared to death. Been to 2 perinatologists both wanting me to terminate my pregnancy. The ultrasound seems to be fine and everything looks good. I was wondering if after your ablation did you continue to have normal periods? I did my bleeding did slack a small bit but I still have 5-7 day periods every 30 days. I feel great & I go for another ultrasound Dec. 29th. My due date is July 10th. Any advice & support would be much appreciated:))))
Thanks I live in New Orleans,La.
CMR812
Thank you for your post! I am 21 weeks pregnant,due June 3 2011. I got pregnant 9 months after my ablation.So far everything with my baby seems fine. I am scared because of the pain I am in. I was told last night at the hospital that I would have pain because I had the ablation and that everything wasa all right. I was wondering if you had pain during your pregnancy and if so how did you deal with it.
Just wondering how you ladies did with your pregnancies? I had my ablation in 2008 and recently had a tubalreversal in order to try to have a baby with the love of my life and was just hoping to get some encouragement and hear of some happy outcomes
I'm verry happy things went well for u, women like u give me hope.. I had my ablation surgery back in june and now I may be pregnant and I was telling my fiance that. No mater what I want to do everything posible to save the baby and give it life.
Hello, this is my first time ever posting on a site like this but there is virtually no information on pregnancy after ablations. I see that you posted this almost a year ago, so I'm curious about your results. I'm considering a tubal reversal myself after having an ablation about 2 years ago. My periods never stopped after the procedure, they just reduced to a normal amount. I've been reading about the placenta attaching directly to the utrine wall and it worries me. I would like to know if the reversal worked, and if it did, how did it all go? Thank you ahead of time for any information you can provide.
My tubal worked, I think but to date I have not got pregnant
I had an Endometrial Ablation and i was never told i couldn't have children afterwards. I very much would love to get pregnant and have another child. Is there anything I can do to have a baby.
can you please give me an update? I am in the same exact situation and I am terrified! My ablation was just over three yeards ago, my tubal reversal is scheduled for Saturday February 23, 2013. I am hoping that you can share your experience with me and how all went. My e-mail is ***@****.
Hi I just had this procedure done and I was reading and came across your story and I was wondering how was your labor and delivery ?