Maternal & Child Community
Supposedly 7 weeks pregnant, no fetal pole but everything else

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had my first prenatal appointment last week, it was then that I had a tranvaginal ultrasound done. According to my LMP (which are pretty regular) I should have been 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant. When they did the ultrasound we saw the gest. sac, yolk sac, and placenta, but, no fetal pole. I am hoping that maybe I conceived a little later which caused the delay in seeing a fetal pole. Is this possible? I since have had bloodtests done and I was told to call the doc on Monday for the results. I also have another U/S to be done this week Friday. I hope and pray that a healthy baby will come out of all this uncertainty. Can anyone relate with positive outcome?
Hi there,

See if you can scroll down to my post, its very imilar to yours, I has a scan done when i thought i was 6 weeks, but as per the sac, i was barely 5 weeks. So The best option is to wait. If you're not spotting and there is no heavy duty crampig, then its fine. A good idea would be to get your HCG levels tested and then retested after 3 days, they should be going up - if they are thats definitely a load off your mind. Even if they are not, dont panic, there was a post from a lady who had dropping HCG levels and on week 8 they saw and heard everything they needed to. Good luck
I scrolled down the two posts were on 06/28 and 06/30. As we're in the same boat, please read through them, they really calmed me down.
I called this morning to get my tests results and the nurse practioner said that it looks like my HCG levels are not doubling and have only increased a little, from Th to Sat. She said that she wanted me to go in this TH for another ultrasound to be done by the actual OB doctor to check one more time to see of anything has developed. On the ther hand, she said that if there is no fetal pole or baby seen, they want to schedule a D & C the next day......

I am still hanging on to hope, but, have been crying and feeling all kinds of things ever since I heard the news......

Any hope? All I can do is pray....
Thank you for responding to my question that really does calm me down and give me hope. I get my blood test results sometime today. Thank goodness I do not have cramping or spotting so that is definitely a good sign. I am hopeing for the best!

Thanks again.
Hi I am new to this site... I had a us done 2wks ago and it showed I was 4wks 1day.  Today 2wks later it showed I was 5wks. I did have uterine growth do have sore breasts but shoed no fetal h/r.  Initial bloodwork showed good hcg levels and prog. levels. Doc said to come back in a week and a half to see what is going on.  Anyone else have this happen?  Should I worry?  Help!!
Hi Issibelle,

You are very, very early on in your pregnancy, I would just give it time. HCG levels and what they can or can't see at this point can't be relied upon at this point. Give it time.....

I have good news that will hopefully encourage you, last week
I was 7 weeks and one day when I went in for my first ultrasound. They only saw a yolk sac, gest. sac, and what they thought to be a placenta, but no fetal pole. They even took blood tests for my HCG levels. Well, my HCg levels were rising but not doubling. They basically told me that if they could not see a fetal pole at my next visit I would need to get a D & C, I was so scared. I prayed and prayed and hoped for the best. Well, today I went in for my second visit and there it was, the baby and a strong heartbeat. I am now about 8 weeks pregnant!
Same thing is happening to me Im 6 weeks and they found no fetal pole or hb yet. My next ur is on friday PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!
Hi everyone. Well i mut be the oldest 'mother to be' here - I am 47 years old and found out I was pregnant a fews ago - according to my dates, I was approx 8.5 weeks pregnant - went for my U/S only to be told they could only see the pregnancy sac and nothing else!!! I was sent for HCG level blood tests which came back at 14,500 - 48 hours later I had to have a further HCG blood test and I have just been rung by the hospital to advise that it has only risen by 1,500 to nearly 16,000 so they have said that the pregnancy is failing - I am dur for another U/S next Friday - I am all over the place at the moment - so confused - any comments would be very welcome - thanks!
Hi Can anyone help? Am I've over worrying?? Its this normal I'm 5 to 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and had a early scan today as I perviously had a missed miscarriage last year.
There was a sac and a tiny fetal pole (2mm) the doc said its to early for heartbeats.. I just feel like I going though it all again and am so worried after what happened last year. Do you think I have anything to worry about or is this the normal size?
Sometimes babies grow at different rates and one week, they won't be seen or barely seen and then the next week it could just pop up on an U/S. Try not to worry even though I know it is hard not to worry. Just hope and pray for the best and be as optimistic as possible.
Hi everyone.  We are new to this.  But we are desperate for answers.  We were inseminated on June 30th.  On July 12th, we tested negative.  We tested again on July 18th, we tested positive.  We confirmed the positive result at the doctor's office on July 21st.  So, as of today, it is 6 weeks, 47 days, I think.  Since July 21st, or so, my back has been hurting really bad, lower back pain for the most part.  We went to the ER last night.  They ran a lot of tests.  The results are confusing.  First, my HCG/BETA is only 280.  There is nothing in the uterus but fluids.  Further, there is fluid located outside an ovary.  I'm scared.  Today, at the doctor's appointment, the doc said there is a placenta in the uterus, but no heartbeat.  We did not do more blood work today. Instead, we are going for another follow-up on Thursday.  Any comments to help us understand more.
We lost our baby yesterday,7/31/06.Guess we'll try again.Thanks for the support.
Hi again everyone - well I went for my second US only to find that I had an embryonic pregnancy - the sac was still growing bu the baby wasnt - I went in for a D & C yesterday - heartbroken :(
Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't been to the message board in a while,
I am so sorry for your loses, I know it must be heart wrenching
hard. My thoughts are with you and I hope you will have future success with pregnancy......
Hi there.  Im about 6weeks and 2 days.  i just went to the doctor on Monday for my first checkup. They did an us and saw the sac but nothing else.  They ordered some blood work done but have not heard back.  Do you think everything will be ok ?

I had a scan yesterday as i had lost a little blood. The scan showed i was seven weeks, which i wasnt sure on anyway as i have polysystic ovaries, but also showed no baby in the sac. I have to go back next fri to check again. My last pregnancy was a miscarriage so i guess im just writing on here for suppport. Its really nice to hear lovebugs story as it gives me a little hope. My only question is i havent had any other tests offered as some of you did? Is this something i should have definately been offered?
Hi all,
I am exactly 7 wks as of today.  My emotions are also going through roller coaster.  I already gone through 5 blood tests already b/c my ob thought that my hcg was not doubling every 48 hrs.  So this past Monday when I was 6w5d, I had an u/s, and it only showed a sac, no fetal tissue or hb at all.  Very scary and sad, but maybe it's too early to show the radiologist said.  Then my ob sent me to another hcg test that same day.  It went up to 6500 from 800 about 11 days ago, so the ob said that's good.  I will have another u/s next Monday, which I am praying will see the little precious hb and fetal.  
So I can understand what everyone here is going through.
God Bless You All.
YCL
Terrified...had a vaginal u/s on friday and there was only a yolk sac no baby could b seen.  I have no idea what to do i called my doctors office and they dont reopen til mon.  I belive i am 9 weeks i started bleeding on jan 1st til jan 7and it stopped for 5 days then i started again i have been bleeding for 5 days i am so scared because this bleeding is getting much heavier than the last time dont know what to do!
I am 43 and have been trying to get pregnant using donor/chlomid/IUI.  I had my insemination on the 30th and my last period was Dec. 17th so I know of my timing is right.  I am 6 weeks pregnant but doing a hgg. My levels only rose from 1420 to 1926 (not doubling) in 73 hours.  I had an ultra sound yesterday and they said it did not look like any developement from last weeks ultra sound as they expected to see fetal poles and maybe a heart beat.  They said it looked like it will not carry through and they are sorry.  Just wondering, does anyone else have the same experiece but have it take a positive turn?  I know it is most likely a mis-carry, but just wanted to make sure because I can't try anymore,  my funds are diminished so this was my last try and so I am very sad.  thanks, wishing for any miracles.
Hi im 46 years old and a tubal 19 years ago my periods ahve been regular up to 7 weeks ago ive gone to the doctor for a check up because i was having pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) the test came back negative i took a home pregnancy test this morning and its still negative but i feel pregnant, the most uncomfortable thing is my lower abdomen gets tight, has anyone had this and if so can you help me out, thanks
My wife and I began an IVF cycle - stimulation, retrieval, implantation, 2 week wait, etc.  Based on these 'known' dates LMP, retrieval, implantation,  - we were scheduled for a 6w3d ultra sound after our positive pregnancy (BFP) - HCG was 250.  During the transvaginal ultrasound (wife is 'tilted') only the gestational sac was detectable.  No yolk sack, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.  Dr. wasn't exactly optimistic and was talking about the results being 'disappointing' and to schedule a D&C and that it was a shame we didn't have any embryos left (frozen).  jerk.  We went to an OB 4 days later and had an abdominal ultrasound - they detected gestational sack measuring 6w3d [should be 7w0d...but I'm not complaining] with a yolk sack, fetal pole and a heartbeat!  We're posting this tonight, the day we found out, in hopes that we help others with jerk doctors hang on to hope.  Have your parents pray, have your friends pray, and pray yourselves...other than that - I can't say why we're full of excitement tonight rather than the emotions for which our dr set our expectations.
my last preiod (period) was on 02/02/09 so i ovulated around the16th of feb took a blood test on 03/04/09 came out negitive took a home pregnancy test on 03/06/09 came out possitive so took another b/t on 03/09/09 came to 185 since then it been rising now its up too 31000 my concer is that a few days ago i was cramping the n/p did a u/s on 03/23/09 she sayed all she saw was the sac but no baby so i have a app on 04/01/09 so she told me 2 things rather i was early in my pregnancy or i have a etcopic pregnancy i am very worried because i had a miss carriage on 11/20/08 i dont want to go throw this againg,can anybody help me am going crazy just thinking about it. please help and prey for me.
I had an U/S on the 8th of October and it came back that I was 6w2ds. There was a sac yet no fetal pole.  I went for another U/S yesterday on October 22 and it showed the same thing except this time it showed that I was 6w6ds when I should have been 8w2ds according to the past U/S.  I was told that I should miscarry this week, but I asked my doctor if I didn't if I could wait for at least two weeks and have another U/S.  I would like to find out if there is anyone out there who has seen a fetal pole after their 8th week and being told that there is nothing there but a sac.  Any words of encouragement would help.
We seem to be in the same boat. I went in today for u/s at 6w5d. She saw a gest sac and a yolk and said it looked like I was more like 5w instead of 6w. I KNOW without a doubt when I conceived. I have low progesterone which I had with my first 2 preg and they are healthy beautiful girls. I am scheduled to go back in 1 week for another blood draw and 2 weeks for another u/s. I have read stories on here where there was nothing and then 2 weeks later a strong heartbeat.  I'm still holding out hope!
Hi - I don't know what your current sitation is - but I wanted to tell you that my Mum had my little sister when she was 40 years old - and somwhere between 7 & 8 weeks there was only a gestational sac but nothing else. They told my Mum there would be no baby - but my sister is now healthy - almost 18 years old too! I am currently waiting myself - had a scan this morning (doctor said I was 7 weeks, I thought I was 6 - but the scan said 5 weeks and 1 day) - only a sac and nothing else. So, I am hoping it is too early - the same thing happened with my 1 year old daughter. I just wanted to share my Mum's story with you because it gives me hope!  
Hi I'am 6 weeks and one day pregnant. I had a little bleeding and went to A&E on 30.12.09 where they said i had a water infection.
I went back on the 31.12.09 and had a scan where they saw the sac but no yolk or heartbeat!! Thel lady did say it was very early and they don't normally scan this early.Iam going back on 13.1.2010 for another scan.
Can anyone help advice or are you going through the same thing?
Im so worried!!

Thanks xx
I had my first ultrasound at 7 wks, and no fetal heartbeat was detected.  I went again at 9wks and a normal fetal heartbeat was detected.  I know what you're going through as I was extremely nervous myself before the h/b was detected.  Just hang in there, it will probably show up at the next u/s as your baby is still pretty small.  Good luck!
Hey, i just found out im pregnant. went in for my first u/s on friday. I found out i was 6w 4d but all they saw was a sac. no fetal pole. i go back tomorrow(Monday) to do more blood work and see if my HCG levels are increasing. I am so worried. The same thing happened to me 7 months ago when i was 8 weeks and i had to take medication to miscarry. I dont know if its just too early to see anything or if ive miscarried.
i thought i was 6w 3d and i went for an early u/s yesterdsay the nurse told me there was a sac and yolk but no fetal pole or h/b. I am so scared as this is my 3rd pregnancy the other 2 ended with m/mc. I have not been for any bloods taken for hcg she just told me to come back in 9 days for 2nd u/s im so scarred any 1 helllpppp please x
hi everyone i went an got a u/s three weeks ago. They saw the yolk sak but no fetal pole an said i was 5 weeks an 4 days. So i went back yesterday for another u/s an there telling me im only 6 weeks 1 day according to the u/s an im really supposed to be going on eight weeks im so confused an im ready for this to be all over.
I am going trough the same thing. I was supposed to be 8 weeks & 3 days when I went for my U/S. According to the U/s I was 6 weeks & 4 days. And only a sac was seen with no fetal pole or h/b. I am so worried and have to go back in 2 weeks. Thinking of you. Hope all goes well.
Thats great news I went for a scan  this morning as when l go for a wee and wipe myself l am having brown discharge come away at the scan they did not pick up a heart beat which upset me l am 7weeks have been told to come back in 2weeks l am hopeing that when l go back l will see a heart beat just like you as l am so worried as l have allready lost my first born age 2days old bygroup B and my daughter who is now 6years old was also very ill after birth but has over come that now so l am very anxious this time round
Hi l am new to this site l to went for a scan this morning on my birthday and got upset as they could not see a heart beat l am 7weeks have been told to come back in 2weeks l am so worried also when l go for a wee and wipe myself l am having a brown discharge come away l am very anxious as lost my first born age 2days old by group B sep and my daughter who is now 6 years old was also very ill after birth but has over come that now
im going throught the same thing i went to the docs today to get my frist u/s i was told i was 10 weeks they did the u/s and told me im only 5 weeks but thats no way posibel and there was no heartbeat or baby but i did have the yolk n the placenta and i have tender swollen breasts n weight gain n all the pregnacy symptoms but no misscarege symptoms no cramping no bleeding nuthing abnormal everything seens to be ok untill the u/s today n they said the baby wasnt found im so scared and freaking out please help and for thoes whom r going throught the same thing im so sorry its hard to deal with and your not alone im learning that ill pray for all of you god bless n if you got any advice let me kno
According to my LMP, I'm supposed to be 7 weeks and 2 days but my U/S today showed me at 5 weeks and 4 days.  The gestational sac was there, the yolk sac and the fetal pole, measuring at 4mm but no heartbeat was detected.

I'm doing a blood test in 2 days and have another U/S in 10 days to see if the baby is developing.

I have brown spotting too for about a week now and I am extremely worried.

I guess I'll just see what my HCG is before giving up on this first pregnancy.  It's so heartbreaking because we've been trying for more than 2 years.  

It's all a waiting game now. Good luck everyone.
my OB told me i am 7weeks pregnant.but when they did the US it came out that I am 4 weeks pregnant only. Sac is present but no fetal pole. I need to wait for another 3 weeks for the next US. I am experiencing all signs of pregnancy. vomiting, breast tenderness, morning sickness.. i found your situation quite similar to me.. What happen now to your next check ups? please reply. thanks! - ace13
I was having some spotting (2 times just barley when I wiped), so went to the doc and they took my HCG & Progest, both turned out low, so I started taking Prometrium to build the uterine lining.  2 days later my HCG only increased by 100 (are in the 2600s); I got an ultrasound.  There is a gestational sac but no fetal pole, they said it was too early.  Next step is getting HCG done again in 3 days to see if it rises and wait it out until my next US in 2 weeks... . this is so upsetting, but I'm trying to pray and be positive.  Any feedback?  Good luck to all of you, You're in my prayers as well.  
hi..i have a similar case my LMP is on oct 17th 20101..i went for a US at 6 wks 3 days,it showd  as 15mm ges sac with no fetal pole and no hb,today at 7 wks 2 days i went for another US and the result is same...my dr said lets wait for another week,and if no change i need to go for D&C...please suggest me ..and pray for me please...
I am 24 and this is my first pregnancy. I was cramping for about 4 days and i thought i was just getting ready to have my period. on the 5th day i woke up around 2:30 am with extreme abdominal pain, extreme cramps like i was getting my period. I saw no blood just some pinkish d/c when i would wipe but hardly nothing. i saw my doctor later that day and she told me i was pregnant. I get irregular periods and my LMP was 9/29/10. it was now 12/2/10 so i should have been about 10 weeks. I had bloodwork on 12/6 and my hcg was 7565. i had an U/S on 12/8 and they saw the gest. sac but no fetal pole or heart beat. i repeated my bloodwork that day and my hcg had gone up to 13674. My doctor said it is odd the number is going up but it looks like it is going to be a miscarraige (miscarriage). She told be i am showing to be 6 weeks 5 day. I was scared it might be ectopic but she said the pain would have been more severe. I am still have cramps but not really bad, it comes and goes. I am starting to have alot of brown discharge but no blood. I am so scared. I am only a week in to finding out and feel like my world is falling. I have a pituitary tumor and was told it would be hard to have kids and now i dont want to lose my baby because this might be my only chance. My doctor is waiting to repeat another bloodwork on monday to see if the hcg cont. to go up. It almost double in 48hrs the last time.. isnt that good.?I am thinking about going to the ER to just see what someone else says. She had already mentioned considering a D&C........terrified
I’m 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow. After years of trying and numerous IUI we have success BUT now is it viable… I had my first vaginal ultra sound (us) last week (6wks pg) and there was nothing but a sac that measured 8 mm. Well, I freaked out!!! I was expecting a fetal pole and a heartbeat. My doctor ordered a HCG for that day and two days later. I went home and cried. My HCG that day came back 4000. Two I had a second us nothing but a sac now only 7 mm and MAYBE a small yoke sac…(DEFEAT) I was even more distraught (which I thought impossible). I went in to get reassurance not worse news. So I thought my HCG numbers will come back and give some encouragement. That afternoon my HCG level was 6000 =( it didn’t double…(is my pregnancy doomed)!!!  I again started researching and from what I’m finding it is not set in stone that a fetal pole can be seen at 6 weeks. In fact often it takes much longer. I also found some interesting facts about HCG. The HCG numbers stop doubling every 48 hours after the first few weeks of pregnancy. It can take up to 96 hours, depending on your levels (Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml: 72-96 hours). According to this my level was right on target. Then there is the question of a fetal pole…why can’t they find my baby??? Ugh.. From what I am finding there are many answers to this question (other than: blighted ovum, ectopic pregnancy, missed miscarriage, molar pregnancy etc.). I have read that sometime you don’t see fetal pole or heartbeat at 6 weeks. For some women it takes a few more weeks. In women with a tilted uterus it can take much longer. I have no concrete reason to think my uterus but I do have a few indications and will be asking my doctor on Monday but this would be a common reason for why my us was not revealing a fetal pole. I’ve decided to think positive and wait for some concrete news. I have added a few links that provide some very interesting insight that conflicts with what I see posted here (HCG should double every 48 hours) & (early us reveals fetal pole/heartbeat). Good luck to everyone I hope these articles help.
http://www.squidoo.com/nondoublinghcg  (GREAT INFO ON HCG)

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Products/Military_OBGYN/Ultrasound/1st_trimester_ultrasound_scannin.htm
im suppose to be 7 weeks i went in for my first ultrasound last week my nurse said she saw a flutter heart beat now i went today and the doctors told me there wasn't any sign of a fetus or embryo and i got my hcg levels tested. the doctoor told me to come back in 3 weeks if nothing then i should start planning for other options . this is my first pregnancy im terrified i havent stopped crying since please pray for me- valerie
i am surpose to be 9 weeks pregnant. I went to do a u/s at 6 weeks because i was spotting. All they saw was a gest sac no yolk sac and no fetal pole, i really don't know what to think i should be going back for another u/s tomorrow i don't know what to think i still feel pregnant and all. i am really terrified.
pls am 6weeks and 1 day preganant i had this abdominal cramp as if my period was coming but i found out i was pregnant. i started spotting some reddish brown drops of blood. i  went in for my first u/s in the 5th week they saw only a sac  and yolk sac without a fetal pole i did another one on tues its still the same no fetal pole. The doc said it might be a blighted ovum  and asked me to come back in a weeks time but i met another doc who booked me for another u/s tommorrow. pls am so so so worried, i have cried and prayed pls what do i do.
jen
Im new to this but Im very worried, this is my first pregnancy I am supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant but they said they dont see a fetal pole and no baby, But my sac is still growing and my horamons are still rising as they should I have very bad morning sickness '' all day sickness '' and all the other sighns, but I dont know why there is a heart beat, Im going to wait about 3 more weeks and hope when I go back there will be a heart beat, ill keep praying for a healthy baby and the same for you all
-cheyenne
I went in for my first u/s at 6w3d. There was a sac and yolk but no fetal pole or heartbeat. It was incredibly sad but I have to believe that there is still a good chance that all will be OK. My hcg levels look good - just need that heartbeat! Particularly anxious as I've been trying to get pregnant for 5 years with several failed IVFs.
I there, I have been reading all of your forums and am just wondering if anyone has experienced what is happening to me. I am 29 and this is my 2nd pregnancy. I had a brown d/c last Sat@12 wks pregnant not a lot so did not worry too much. The next dat (Sunday)it was the same. I went to A&E has I wanted to know what was going on. They took my blood pressure etc and I had to wait for a OBGYN. When she arrived she felt my stomach and did and internal exam to check everything was ok. Everything seemed fine and my cervix was closed. She then did the doppler test. It took awhile and eventually she got the babys h/beat. She was quite happy that all was ok and sent me home. She was sure the d/c would stop during the week and to come in any time if i was worried. The brown d/c continued for the week. However y/day evening when i went to the bathroom there was fresh blood. So we headed for A&E again. They scanned me this time and the screen was blank all she could see was the yoke sac and no baby? I am 13 weeks now and from what she could see she seemed confused because what she could see was a sac that was 7 weeks old??? She also did an internal scan and exactly the same.
She said she was really sorry and was sure that I had miscarried but to hold on to my scheduled first scan to be sure which is tomorrow. I dont know what to think. I have been reading forums on woman who have miscarried and they have had severe pain with really heavy blood flow and/or seen the baby in toilet???
If I had miscarried surely I would have known and why a week ago was there a babys heartbeat. Please please if this has happened to anyone else please let me know good or bad i just wanna know! Thank You :/
I am going through similar experienced currently. Last thursday I started spotting,and was feeling light cramping, after 7.5 hours in the ER they released me to fo home for follow up testing 72 hours later. ON monday I met w my doctor who order a blood level check to see where my hormone levels were at, they had increased from 5,000 which was what they were on the thursday but only slightly. Last night I had severe cramping and bleeding and went in today for another ultra sound. The doctors office called me back and said they were pritty sure I was misscarrying because of the small sac that they saw. I have a follow up apt on thurday. I am trying to stay positive and hope for the best, but the nurse that called today with the results was pritty sure that I am loosing the baby. THey want me to go into the hospital before the doctors on thursday and get my blood drawn again to see if my hormone levels have started to decrease or are infact increasing....
Im at 8wks and 3days pregnant had first us they saw yolk sac and everything else but the foetal pole I've miscarried in may this year.should I be worried
I'm so confused...on my first u/s they saw a sak and a pole, said i was around 7 weeks...but the tech told me the baby could have stopped growing...i waited a week and had another u/s done at the hospital. That tech said she couldnt see so we did a vaginal u/s. she seen the sak but no pole. then told me i was measuring around 8 weeks 6 days but there was no blood flow to the sak no heartbeat or baby...but the sak is still attached and im still carrying high...my doctor isnt convinced i had a miscarriage so we did blood work should get results monday...waiting is the HARDEST part of all of this... ive had mild cramping here and there but is low and no bleeding at all...which are good signs...my doctor thinks im just really really early but since we seen something on my first u/s than nothing on my second how can this be???? anyone else have this happen??
----confusedmomtobe
I just wanted to say that i hope everything worked out well for you. I find it frustrating reading these blogs. There are many women expressing concern, but few will follow-up and blog the rest of their story... Good or bad.
I hope yours was a success.
God Bless
I am 45 years old and according to my u/s I am 7weeks and 1 day. I went to the hospital last week at 6 weeks pregnant with minor spotting that went away in 3 hours. They saw a sac but no fetal pole.  My levels according to hospital were abnormally high. I then took blood test 2 days later and levels rising very high. I had my 1st ob visit yesterday at 7 weeks and the doctor told me there was a sac and yolk sac and a small rump developing but no heart beat detected yet. She convinced me that this is an unhealthy pregnancy with possible chromosome problems and I should repeat u/s next week and also took blood.  She told me that with my HCG levels so high, they should see a heart beat by now and prepared me to expect miscarriage.  I am so devastated! We have been trying for 2 years since we delivered and lost our last child after day 2 at 5 months pregnant from placenta problems.  I am going to be a wreck for the next week. Could she be wrong? I mean there is a rump there developing.
Pls i need u to advice me, 10weeks 3days pregnancy no fetal pole seen. Should i go for D & C or still wait for some time.
I just got back from the dr. The u/s showed a 7w and 2 day sack and yoke, but no fetal pole. I was told to schedule a d&c. Has anyone had an experience like this that ended in a healthy baby? I totally freaking out:(
Hi, i had ultrasound yesterday at 7w0d and we saw gestation sac and yolk sac but no frtal pole and heartbeat. Have to go again next week. The doctor said we should see fetal pole and heartbeat at 7 weeks. They did blood test  to check my progesteron leveles. I'll grt results on monday. I'm so much afraid. I had 1m/c and 1 blighted ovum in past. Then a healthy doughter. Hope everything will be just fine. If anyone had the same happened, please let me know if it ended up to be a healthy pregnancy.