Maternal & Child Community
Swelling during pregnancy - even at night
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swelling during pregnancy - even at night

I am starting to swell at night and it is freaking me out. My feet sometimes swell during the day but for the past few nights my hands are swelling up and they burn. Tonight they are keeping me up. I am 33 wks and I saw the OB on Wed. and my blood pressure is great so he said I did not have preeclampsia. The swelling in the hands goes down a couple of hours after I wake up in the morning but that is doing me no good right now. The baby is also very active right now.

Any advice on what to do at night? I plan on calling the Dr. again but I am getting very anxious over the whole thing.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Check with the dr, tell thim about the burning sensation.  From the time I was 15 weeks on up till when I had my baby my feet swelled, but my dr said it was because I stood on my feet 9-10 hours a day at work.  Even at night they wouldnt go down, it felt like they were getting bigger and bigger.  I had to sleep with my feet elevated with ice packs on them so I could go to work the next morning and get my shoes on.
I hope the dr says everything is fine.
Blank
175662_tn?1282217256
My swelling was bad enough it I developed Carpel Tunnel in my hands.  It's completely normal but any concerns you have should definately be addressed to your doctor.  I was still swollen about a week or two after Lilith was born and I think my swelling started the moment I got pregnant.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...