Swollen at 23 weeks and weight gain question
Over the last few days, I've noticed that my fingers and toes are swollen.  I am only 23 weeks and I don't remember this at this point in my last pregnancy.  Did anyone else experience this at this point?

Also, I had a big weight gain this month.  Could this maybe be related?  I've only gained 12 pounds total, but 5 of that came from the last 4 weeks alone!
I am almost 22 weeks and have already started getting the swelling. I would discuss this with my doctor. The weight gain might have something to do with you swelling.
I don't think that 5 pounds is a big weight gain at all for one month.
I was 118 pounds when I got pregnant and I know weight 155.
I am 24 weeks and 1 day and 15 pounds came on in one month. I am starting to swell also. I complained about it to my doctor and she says that it is normal.
at 23 weeks it is a matter of drinking more water and cutting down salt.  I had some mild swelling of my ankles around 23 weeks and as soon as i upped my water intake it went (and has stayed) away and i am at 28 weeks now.  Drink water!! at LEAST 64 oz a day..
Talk to your doctor about it, and reduce your salt intake. I noticed my feet were a bit swollen last night, and I think a little isn't too bad, but you have to watch it to avoid pre-eclampsia.
My doctor says I shouldn't gain any more than 4 pounds in any one month- and I have a different doctor who gets on my back if I gain more than 2 pounds a month which I think isn't very realistic.
I had my OB appt today and he did not seem concerned at all about the swelling or the weight gain because my blood pressure was right where it should be.  He said that the water and salt are great measures to take, and I will try to drink more water (there isn't much salt in my diet as it is). I know I am bad about getting enough fluids.  He also recommended sleeping with my feet elevated and even sitting with them elevated every chance I get.  

As for the weight gain, he didn't seem concerned in the least bit.  He said he would look at it more of an overall gain, and that for 23 weeks to have gained 11-12 pounds is very realistic.  So, I was pleased with that, too.  But, I'll still watch it because I don't want another month of a big weight gain!

My glucose test is in 2 weeks...
I gained almost 65lbs during my pregnancy with my dd. I was extremely swollen and could only wear crocs sandals - thankfully my pregnancy was mostly during the spring/summer months. It's been 7 wks since I had her, and I've lost 38lbs. Gaining weight was a sign that my placenta/baby was very healthy. she was 7lbs 10oz and 21" long.