Maternal & Child Community
Symptoms here then gone...now back again???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello everyone,
I have a question about pregnancy symptoms. I am 10 weeks pregnant and had lost my symptoms for 3 weeks or so, and all of a sudden I am back to feeling sick and have sore breasts. I am just wondering if this is normal, this up and down symptom thing? Thanks, Emily
Yes it is very normal I'm 38 weeks and I went days feeling sick and days where I felt normal your only in your first trimester so your body is still changing to the adjustment of haveing a lil one inside of you don't worry I was just like you I didn't think I was pregnant until I seen the baby for the first time on the ultrasound and then after that I still didnt' belive it but it's ok.
I'm 5 weeks too and am experiencing the same thing, here one day, gone the next...Aaargh.  I'm putting my faith in the Doc, nurses and relying on my hcg levels doubling. My BB's are full today, yesterday nothing.  Has anyone dealt with a sore throat.  Came out of nowwhere and is driving me crazy.
I agree Blondie03,
I feel like I am pregnant all over again...I had no symptoms for 3 weeks and now back to the same old thing?? So strange. Hope all goes well for you. - Emily
I'm so glad to hear that other people are or have experienced the same thing. I'm only in my fifth week, but I had tender swollen breasts for several days, then all of the sudden they've been gone for almost a week now.  It's very strange!  I don't see my doctor until I'm 8 weeks, so of course I will do nothing but worry until then.
I'd still like to hear other peoples comments on this.  

Amanda
Im 7 weeks and have my first u/s today at 4:15pm today. I've had some weird bleeding though. Boy, Im glad I read this cause I've had the same symptoms on and off for the last three days. It seemed to be very strong the first four weeks and boom, when in doubt- I get nausea and my BB's are sore too.
I've had a sore throat for the past few days as well!  And yes, it came from out of nowhere.  Where do you live?  I'm in the northern IN near Lake Michigan - the weather has been screwy and that's what I've been blaming my sore throat on!
it seems for some odd reason when your pregnant you pick up things such as a sore throat and other things faster then you would if you weren't pregnant I'm 38 weeks and I have head conjestion well ttyl...
When you are pg, your immune system is suppressed quite a bit (so you don't reject the baby due to the foreign genetic material from dh) so that opens us up to getting sick easier.

My dh got this yucky cold and had it for a day or 2. I got it the first day he came down with it and within 24 hours it moved to my lungs. He is almost better and I am getting worse. Gotta love the pg immune system, God Bless it!

Andrea