Maternal & Child Community
TRIPLETS on Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

TRIPLETS on Clomid

Hey. I was told I was pregnant with twins at 6 weeks for my first ultrasound. Two weeks later I went in, and she tells me I actually have 3 babies.. I am in shock... Triplets I thought were rare on Clomid. esp. such a low dosage.. but anyways.. I am excited but scared.. The 3rd baby she found is little.. The other's measured perfectly at 14 mm, but the other baby was only about 7 or 8 mm. It looks the same other than just the size.. My DR. says that there is a chance for it to hit a growth spirt and make it, but there's also a chance it just won't grow anymore.. I go back in for a month, and I have to sit and wonder what is going on with this baby... It's actually kinda sad and scary, but I have just prayed that whatever happens be God's will. Have you guys heard of Clomid causing triplets before? I know it has probably happened, but I never imagined it would to me.. But I'm glad.. I'll be 21 when they are born, so at least I'm young and will have energy to keep up with them.. haha...
You are such a lucky girl.. Yes, I have heard about Triplets with clomid, but it is rare.... I always had about 3-4 eggs that were mature when I had my IUI  (with 50 mg Clomid)and they were afraid to insem. me.... but it never worked soooooo consider yourself really lucky!!!!!  Yes, you are nice and young and hopefully have lots of energy...  Just saw a show on Discovery health about three couple with triplets.... yo should check to see when it is playing again.. it was very interesting and it gave some great ideas on how important schedules are etc.....  I think you should watch it!!! COngratualtions!!!  I wish I was you!!!!  Enjoy!!!!!
WOW!  I have heard that Clomid make you "superovulate" but I thought it was very rare for a pregnancy with multiples to actually happen.  Congrats!!
I hoped to have a twin when I found out I was indeed preggo.I wasn't on clomid or any other medication, but I really love babies of same age to be together though they will be a handful.
In my place, they say if you eat twin fruits--like twin bananas or something of that sort--- you will hv a twin baby, I know,there is  no scintific basis for this, but still I have been eating those kind of fruits when ever I could lay my eyes on one.......

Sadly did not work out...You are a lucky lady,, CONGRATS.
If I remember right, the chance for twins is about 4%, and 1% for triplets. I hope you have a lot of family support. You'll need it whether baby #3 makes it or not. I hope that you are able to accept it either way. Keep us posted.
Congratulations on triplets!!  That is great!  Just curious...were you on 50 mg of the Clomid or a higher dose??  That is very rare but I guess someone has to be that 1% they tell us about!!
im thinking of another possibility other than ovulating 3 eggs....maybe you ovulated 2 and one of the eggs split into two(causing identical twins)? that could also cause you to have triplets if both the eggs you ovulated were fertilized...good luck to you! i hope the small one makes it! its still early and it could catch up!
first of all Congrates .my question is how much dose (mg) of clomid u were taking ? and for how long u have been trying ? which cycle day u took ur clomid and on what cycle of clomid u concieved?actually i finied my 1st cycle of 50mg of clomid 2nd till 6th day of cycle i did ovulate 1 egg but its looking unsucessfull b/c i m expecting my periods on coming tuesday and i started really bad periods cramps thats why i m soo sure i m not pregnant.can u pllz tell me details of ur medication
thank u
First of all, please let me say how excited I am for you!  The idea of triplets is very cool!  People will be interested and thrilled for you and your life will be very, very busy in a good way.  :)

Now on to the harder stuff.  My fertility doc (we had IVF) put in two embryos, and warned me of various problems.  One was the possibility of "vanishing twin," (which in fact happened. I didn't take his warning to heart, either, so it was very sad for me when one embryo failed.) One was the possibility of triplets.  This is because an embryo could split, giving two identical twins along with the fraternal twin from the other embryo.  He said, very bluntly, "If it is triplets, we'll go in and take one embryo out."  Since for me this was all out in the blue sky of rare possibility anyway, I wasn't shocked, but I did ask him why.  He said, "Triplets just kill a woman.  They are so hard on your body, and often one of the three is severely damaged anyway."  It was pretty blunt.  Even when my second embryo died, though I was crying, I could see everyone at the clinic thought it was safer, because they even see women with twins have super-bad problems carrying them, let alone women with triplets.  Bed rest, cervical incompetence, internal bleeding, etc.  and then the babies born prematurely and having vision, learning or lung issues.  So while (again) I am thrilled for you and hope you have a very happy, healthy pregnancy, if God forbid you do not and there are complications, please take it for what it is, a mix of bad and good, not just 100% bad.  Sometimes triplets go fine and sometimes they don't, and if not, don't beat yourself up or let it kill you with sadness.  One baby is great!  Two babies are great!  If something goes wrong and you don't get to the big day with all three, you are still going to be great.  Hope this is not too much of a downer to have written.  All the best, and i mean it from my heart.  Annie
Where I said 'even when my second embryo died,' I was referring to the 'vanished twin;' I still carry the first one and am at 26-plus weeks now.  You can lose one and not lose the other(s), and go on to a healthy, normal pregnancy.
I was on 50 mg Clomid days 4-8 and took them one cycle and ended up getting pregnant with my triplets... Thanks for all the advice.. I know there are many risks carrying three babies. I am just praying everything works out okay..
I am also pregnant with triplets 21 weeks all fraternal... i was also on 50 mg of clomid and was really shocked when i found out about the triplets at my 7 week ultrasound that was to check viability because my other two prior pregnancies ended in miscarriage but i guess god is making up for the two losses this time lol
i am so excited for you congratulations. I am thinking about starting clomid and have done alot of research it is so hard so many say a very low chance of multiples and some say a high chance i wish i could find out for sure i have two kids know my youngest was a twin which happened nauturally but it died in the first trimester