Maternal & Child Community
TRYING TO CONCEIVE AFTER BLIGHTED OVUM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

TRYING TO CONCEIVE AFTER BLIGHTED OVUM

HI EVERYONE......
IM 36 AND HAVE 4KIDS 19,18,17,13.  IN DEC 05 I HAD A TUBAL REVERSAL(2ND MARRAIGE)

I HAD A MC IN MARCH 06 AND IN JUNE 06 HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM.

HOW SOON CAN I TRY TO CONCIEVE (conceive) AFTER THE BLIGHTED OVUM.
I AM WORRIED THAT MAYBE I WILL NEVER GET PREGNANT AND THE OPERATION WAS FOR NOTHING. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG.
THANKS,
LORRAINE
I don't have any answer for you, but I am curious, what is a blighted ovum?

My firsst pg was a blighted ovum--I then went on to have two DS.  If you had the blighted ovum that means you can get pg and you did not do the surgery for nothing.  If you are concerned that there is scar tissue in your tubes you could have a HSG done.  that is where they insert a tube in your uterus and inject dye to make sure that is going through properly.
I had a blighted ovum last year, I got to 12 weeks before finding out, then had a D&C. (a blighted ovum is when the baby stops developing pretty early but the sac keeps growing, sometimes for several weeks. It is just another type of m/c). I waited about 6months before ttc again, but got pregnant again in Jan 06 and am 25 weeks now and all is going well. My doctors told me that a blighted ovum is just one of those things, that I was just as likely as anyone else to go on to have a healthy baby the next time. There doesn't seem to be any special waiting preriod or anything after a blighted ovum, just the normal. Most doctors will say 2-3 cycles, but probably just when you feel ready to try again. I wish you the best.
I also had a blighted ovum.  (found @5wks 6days)  I had a d & c on 6/27 at a little over 8wks pg)  I just went in for my post op appt. yesterday and my doc told me I could start ttc whenever I felt ready.  A b/o is just a fluke and you have just as good a chance to fall pg as if you had not had the b/o.  He told me that even though some docs suggest waiting 1 - 3 cycles, there is no scientific evidence (his words) to support waiting or not.  It mostly depends on your emotional state and you should try when you feel ready.  He even told me it's possible to fall pg before even having af.  Good luck to you and stick baby dust to all.
My 4th loss a blighted ovum, by the time it completed I was close to 10 weeks. My first af came 6 weeks later and I got pg with my now 2 year old son that cycle.

Andi
i want to thank all of you for the comments.  it really makes me feel that i am not alone.  all of you have been a great help.
thanks,
lorraine
My doctor also said that it is a fluke and no reason to wait any amount of time.
I found out at 7 1/2 weeks I had a blighted ovum and I decided to wait another week just to be sure.  At 8 1/2 weeks there was still nothing and the sac had an irregular shape.  My hcg levels were really low and I started to spot very lightly.  The doctor said if I wanted to wait for my body to naturally abort I could if not I could do a d&c.  Well I didnt feel like I could wait so I did the d&c yesterday at 9 weeks and 1 day.  After doing some research about a blighted ovum I must admit I felt better to know that its nature's way of ensuring a healthly pregnancy and that it does not affect future pregnancies.  My doctor told me I didnt have to wait to try again, which I am glad of becuz I feel like I need to try.  I guess everyone is different.  But I want to wish you all the best and say that this isnt the end!!  God blesses us in mysterious ways.  All the best!
I too had a blighted ovum.  This is our second loss, the first due to an ectopic pregnancy.  I had a D & C yesterday at 8wks.  This has been an extremely traumatic experience for us losing our 2nd.  It is nice to see that others have went on to have pregnancies after a blighted ovum miscarriage.  
I had a blighted ovum too, found out at 11 weeks, I opted to m/c on my own, and was told that I could start right after the bleeding stopped.  It depends on the Dr and the person I think. I have heard that you can start sooner if you have a natural m/c rather than a D&C, but I really don't know if that's true.  Just start wehen you are ready, some of these gals have gotten pregnant right after their m/c.  Good luck!
I had a blighted ovum last sept and got Dand C and the dr told me to wait 3 cycles before ttc. and so i waited for 3 cycles and January we tried again and now i took the pregnancy test and found out that am pregnant again and i hope and pray that everything will be ok.  

Sheila
I'm 35 I had a mc when I was 18 then had my 15 yr old then two more mc then my 12 yr old and then I had my 5 yr old then last April 2010 had a blighted ovum and I just found out I'm pregnant today got Drs tomorrow and I'm just ****  scared.