Maternal & Child Community
TTC and on Prometrium

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

TTC and on Prometrium

I have been ttc for 4 months now..My doctor put me on prometrium before ttc because of a low progesterone level. I take prometrium on cycle day 14-23 and on the previous cycles i have gotten my af on day 23 BEFORE i even took the last pill that night. MY QUESTION IS: I DID NOT GET MY PERIOD YESTERDAY(DAY 23)SO I TOOK MY PROMETRIUM LAST NIGHT, AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY PERIOD TODAY!!!! SHOULD I CONTINUE TAKING THE PROMETRIUM SINCE I MAY BE PREGNANT???? OR WILL IT FURTHER DELAY MY PERIOD IF I CONTINUE TO TAKE IT?? I AM ONLY 11 DAYS PAST OV (and am having preg symptoms) SO IM AFRAID IF I STOP TAKING IT I COULD MISCARRY. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!! aNY SUGGESTIONS??
Avatar n tn
I forgot to mention that I did take a preg test this morning (at 11dpo) and it was NEGATIVE!
Prometrium will not hurt you if you are pregnant.  I am 9 weeks and have to take it because of a low progesterone level. Wait a couple of days and test again.  
Prometrium never delayed my AF, but I know it does for lots of women. If you're only 11 dpo, I would continue taking it for a few more days.
Avatar n tn
I had a miscarriage last year and this year when I found out I was pregnant my doctor put me on Prometrium until I was 11 weeks.  I am 12 weeks 3 days now and everything is fine.  I would continue to take the prometrium or call your doctor and ask if you are not sure.
Hope your still reading this. My dr said to keep testing until you got af, take pregnancy tests. I was two days late on my 4th round of prometrium and had a BFP. Hope this is it for you
Avatar n tn
THANKS SO MUCH!!
Avatar n tn
Thanks so much!  So you did keep taking the prometrium after you were late? i am now 2 days late with another BFN...but ill keep testing till i get af. Thanks again!!
I was told to test 17 days past ovulation.  if it was negative then stop the prometrium.  if it is positive then continue to take the prometrium until you are 8 weeks pregnant.