Maternal & Child Community
TWO WEEKS PREGNANT AND SPOTTING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

TWO WEEKS PREGNANT AND SPOTTING

I HAD A MISCARRIAGE FOUR MOTNHS AGO AND HAD A D&C DONE. NOW IM PREGNANT AGAIN BUT I STARTED SPOTTING BROWN WHICH I READ IT CAN BE NORMAL. THEN I STARTED TO SPOTT READ. IM SCARED I MIGHT HAVE A MISSCARIAGE. I HAD THE SYMPTOM OF GOING TO THE BATHROOM SEVERAL TIMES BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT STOPPED. EVERYTHING POINTS TO A MISSCARIAGE. I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY BABY. I WENT YESTERDAY TO MY OB AND SHE DID SOME BLOOD WORK TODAY I GUESS I HAEV TO WAIT TO SEE WHAT MY HCG LEVELS ARE. AND I HAVE TO WAIT 3 WEEKS AT LEAST TO BE ABLE TO SEE MY BABY IM SO SCARED. IS IT NORMAL TO SPOTT? HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE?
2 weeks is still so early in your pregnancy. I would definitely give it a couple more weeks and see what happens. Hang in there. :-)
If you are two weeks pregnant then this is the time in which you would get implantation bleeding.  Hopefully that is the case.  When I miscarried though, it started out brown and ended up red.  It sounds like you'll just have to stay positive and wait this out.  
are you two weeks from your period or two weeks from when you had sex or two weeks from your last period? they measure your pregnancy from your last period, so if you had a period last month and are 2 weeks you would actually just now be ovulating in most cases. you get two weeks free sort of. if you are two weeks past ovulation then you are about 4 weeks pregnant and if your period is 2 weeks late then you are 6 weeks pregnant roughly. an ultrasound can be done and see something once your hcg is at or above 1500. mine was done at five weeks and 1 day(one week past the day my period was due) and we saw two babies with heart beats.

if it is two weeks after ovulation/intercourse, this may just be your period starting.
Hi. Can understand your concern. Yes -it can be normal to bleed dark brown/ red or even clots.However from my experience just recently, all types of the bleeding occured and i was told i am going through a miscarriage. From blood tests it shows HCG flatlining. Fingers crossed for you.
Hi All...Okay here is my story.  I just had my period on June 7 and ended on June 10.  It was regular flow and all.  My husband and I were not trying to have a baby and were being very very careful.  I took a pregnancy test on June 17 because my friend found out she was pregnant and had two in the test kit and I just took one as a joke.  I just had a baby girl 10 months ago.  Well, to my surprise I got a "pregnant" on the test.  It was a clear blue digital.  I quickly freaked out and ran to the store to buy four more test.  All of them came out positive with faint lines.  I called the doctor and went in.  She took a urine sample and it came out so faint you could barely see it so she ordered me to get blood work.  My numbers are back at 94, and she confirmed I am indeed pregnant but very early pregnant and wanted me to go back Wednesday to see what my numbers would do.  The numbers then came back at only 104.  She said this doesn't look like a viable pregnancy and wants me to go back Monday to get more blood work.  I feel like I am very newly pregnant.  My period came exactly when it was suppose to.  I am always on time and my last period from that was May 8!  Could I really show I positive test at only 2 weeks pregnant??  I feel good, just that I am really tired my breast are sore, and dizzy a bit.  Otherwise then that I don' have any pain.  What is your opinions?
I have been bleeding in my pregnancy since the very beginning.  At 2 weeks I had one day of period kind of blood.  Like I needed a pad.  I am 28 weeks pregnant now with a healthy baby boy and I am still bleeding at least once per week.  My doctor said that I just have a really sensative cervix and my son is low pushing weight on it.  I am not allowed to have sex or orgasm due to the fact that that will agrovate the cervix and when you orgasm, your uterus contracts which could cause the cervix to thin and dialate.  It is still so early in your pregnancy it could go either way.  I hope it works out for you.  
Also, I did have a pregnancy where I did bleed a little bit and then it stopped.  The baby ended up having a neural tube defect and in the end died at 14 weeks.  Due to the fact that I was in my 2nd trimester, I had to have a DNC and that was not pleasant at all. As horrible as miscarriage is, it is natures way of giving you a healthy baby.  I suggest any woman who wants to conceive a healthy baby should take a prenatal vitamin and an extra vitamin of folic acid. That is so helpful in early pregnancy.  Good Luck.
I am 20 yrs. I was on contraceptive pills for 13 months. I stopped using the pill a few days before my period in september. I noticed my period 2 weeks earlier before it was due. I had unprotected sex after then, i didn't use the pills either. My next period suppos to be around the 19th of this month (october). On the 6th of october i notice o brownish discharge on my liner. Then later on the the night i started a slightly bleeding and is still bleeding. Its not normal as like my period. I am wondering if i am pregnant or not. I am also wondering (if yes) how many weeks it may be.