Maternal & Child Community
Tachycardia while pregnant!!!!!! PLEASE HELP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tachycardia while pregnant!!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Hey ladies I hope everyone is doing good. My question is if any of you ladies is experiencing any tachycardia? I am 34wks pregnant with TWINS!!!! I have been in contact with my cardiologist, he ran some test to check my heart and he says that all the results came back really good. I also wanted to  mention that in the beginning of the pregnancy I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid I was put on meds until NOW!!!!! for the past week or so I started complaining of chest pain and rapid heartbeat so my OB decided to refer me to a cardiologist. My cardiologist ordered blood work, when the results came back he said that my thyroid levels were low so he took me off my old meds for the hyperthyroid and switch me to some new ones for hypothyroid. I called him yesterday to let him know that those new meds were doing nothing to me. I told him that I'm still experiencing the fast heartbeat(tachycardia) and some chest pain. He than told me that he was going to put me on some meds to control the fast heartbeats and also ordered that I stop taking the meds for the hypothyroid. At this point I don't know what to do I feel like crying because neither of these doctors are giving me a straight answer my biggest worry is that the babies are getting enough oxygen and that they are ok. I feel so lost I don't know what to do. Now the cardiologist also told me that he is going to refer me to an endocrinologist the question is when???? I'm just sick and tired of being taken off and back on meds. I don't want any of these meds to get my little ones sick or to cause them any damage. Please ladies give me some comfort. I have my hubby next to me to support me but he doesn't know what I'm going through.  I  can't walk around my house because I'm already out of breath and my heart is beating out of control. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!!