Taking Diet Pills before and after conceiving
I was wondering if anyone had any information about the effects of taking diet pills while TTC.  I had my first pregnancy in March03 which led to a missed miscarriage.  I started taking diet pills (Metbolite) March 1st, conceive around March 15th and when I found out I was pregnant April 10th, I stopped taking them immediately. But I worry myself that it may have been the cause of the miscarriage.  I was not TTC when I becamed pregnant because I would not have taken any diet pills if I was.  I know that you should not take any unneccesary pills if you are TTC.

I feel so bad now.  And hope I didn't cause myself to miscarry. Does anyone have any info. about diet pills and effects on early pregnancy?

I am now TTC.  I'm taking extra precaution now, taking both a prenatal vitamin and folic acid. My only vice now is smoking, (1 pack every 4/5days) which I don't think is that bad.  I know I need to stop while TTC, but I hope that it won't effect my chances of conceiving, as I will stop as soon as I find out I'm pregnant again.

I congradulate everyone who has has good news this month and hope my good news is soon to come!  Best of luck to us all.
hey sweetie well i used to take diet pills  also. i took hydroxycut back when it has ephedrine in it. It's not good to take them while pregnant of course. I'm not too sure about while ttc, but I don't think it make that much difference. however, if your trying to get pregnant, you must gain some weight. so why are you dieting?? are you trying to drop a few pounds before you get pregnant. I wanted to lose some wieght also. i wanted to start out my pregancy around 140. i'm tall. anyway so Ilost soem and then i got serios about ttc. (I'ts always taken me along time to get pregnant) you most certainly can't take them while you are pregnant. I'm not sure about them causing a miscarriage though. i really doubt that had anything to do with it, bu ti wouldn't chance it again. waht's done is done, so don't beat yourself up over it. i have had 5 losses and I never did anything wrong when i was pregnant. About cigarette smoking.. that's a whole new ball game. I t can certainly be a cause of miscarriage, especially early on and can prevent pregnacny all together. Not to mention that your baby will get addicted to nicotin. If you can stop when you get pregnant, you can stop now. plus you have to remember... you'll be pregnant 2 weeks before you even know you are. so your baby doenst' need that inviroment while it's trying to form/ Hope this helps, good luck to you. HOpe
I was in your shoes when I was pregnant with my first son. I was on a bunch of meds for PTSD, anxiety and depression, not to mention taking the original version of hydroxycut (with the ephedrine). I have always found out right away whenever i have become pregnant, but still knowing that there was a few weeks where my son was exposed to all that stuff scared me. But I am happy to say that he was my first successful pregnancy after having lost 3 before him (and I wasn't taking anything when I was pregnant the three prior times or the most recent loss this past summer) so I think you can rest assured that you did nothing to cause your miscarriage.

I know how hard it is when you lose a baby. And i also know how hard you can be on yourself, trying to figure out any logical reason as to why the baby was lost. But reality is, they rarely can pinpoint a cause but most doctors theorize it is a genetic abnormaility that causes most early miscarriages. Absolutely nothing to do with anything you could have controlled or changed.

Please take this information to heart and try not to beat yourself up over it. It is hard, but trust that you did the best you could for your little one and that it had nothing to do with your actions.

Andrea
Thanks for responding.  It eases my mind a bit to know that it robably didn't have much of an effect.  I just keep asking myself those "what if" questions.  I know it does no good.  I need to stay positive.

Hopeinal- I wasn't taking the pills while I was TTC nor was I trying to loose weight before I got pregnant.  I was just trying to loose couple of pounds before going on vacation to Florida and didn't think I'd wind up pregnant.

Thanks again girls! ;o)